+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

Another good performance from Joe today, following up on last weeks fine effort. He seems to have regained some confidence and composure, not sure he’ll make way for Camarasa just yet.

Bacuna had a useful last 20 minutes or so after coming on as a sub giving us a few more midfield options. Paterson put in an almighty shift today, I think that wide right midfield position suits him best

Re: Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Another good performance from Joe today, following up on last weeks fine effort. He seems to have regained some confidence and composure, not sure he’ll make way for Camarasa just yet.

Bacuna had a useful last 20 minutes or so after coming on as a sub giving us a few more midfield options. Paterson put in an almighty shift today, I think that wide right midfield position suits him best
    Patterson needs to be pulled to one side and told by Warnock to **** up and stop thinking he is a baller. His attempted Hollywood ball led to the corner they scored from, which in all honesty they should have scored from before the corner.

Redeemeed himself with the header that set up the winner but that’s what he’s good at. Being a nuisance and making it scruffy. A footballer he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Patterson needs to be pulled to one side and told by Warnock to **** up and stop thinking he is a baller. His attempted Hollywood ball led to the corner they scored from, which in all honesty they should have scored from before the corner.

Redeemeed himself with the header that set up the winner but that’s what he’s good at. Being a nuisance and making it scruffy. A footballer he is not.
    I actually think Patterson is one of our smarter players he seems to do things that give him the advantage, I don't think technically he is great but I think he reads the game well.

In fairness to Patterson it looked like he got his leg tapped just before he hit it and it should have been a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I actually think Patterson is one of our smarter players he seems to do things that give him the advantage, I don't think technically he is great but I think he reads the game well.
    Technically he isn’t great so why try switching the ball 40 yards which leads to their goal?

Technically he isn’t great so why think he’s Ronaldo against Arsenal when he could have played in Reid with a simple pass? Not once, but twice?

Technically he isn’t great so why try switching the ball 40 yards which leads to their goal?

Technically he isn’t great so why think he’s Ronaldo against Arsenal when he could have played in Reid with a simple pass? Not once, but twice?
    He's a bit of a maverick. Unpredictable. Warnock was right when he said Cardiff fans would love him. He's totally different.

For me, Patterson is the epitome of our team’s ethic, who doesn’t know when he’s beaten, and defies expectations. And for that reason alone deserves his place on the first team sheet.

My one criticism of Paterson is that he needs to stop fouling the opposition when they are in tight situations and going nowhere. I've lost count of the number of times when he's done this near the oppositions own goal-line or touchline. He needs to rein in his enthusiasm at times.

The ball Paterson played down the line to Niasse who crossed for Murphy to almost score in the first half against Bournemouth was played over a distance of twenty to thirty yards and was weighted so perfectly that our striker didn't have to break stride - just saying like. Because Paterson doesn't look like everyone's idea of a high quality technical footballer, it's easy to think he has no ability - he may not be a David Silva, but he's better than some in this thread are prepared to give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The ball Paterson played down the line to Niasse who crossed for Murphy to almost score in the first half against Bournemouth was played over a distance of twenty to thirty yards and was weighted so perfectly that our striker didn't have to break stride - just saying like. Because Paterson doesn't look like everyone's idea of a high quality technical footballer, it's easy to think he has no ability - he may not be a David Silva, but he's better than some in this thread are prepared to give him credit for.
    Absolutely. He was integral to the win today.
    Involved in most of the good work we did.

He’s been excellent for us since he’s come here.

Anyway, the thread was a bit of well deserved praise for Joe scapegoat.

Interesting to see what Warnock had to say about him too.
    Warnock basically said that he’s underrated and that most people missed the hard work he does as he and that he’d give him 9/10 where the papers who’d look for the flash players would give him 6.

Match Of The Day also gave him some praise, picking out his work and tackles.

Having a few options to pass to has really helped.

He got a fair bit of stick a few weeks back for panicky passing and I can see why, but it’s difficult not to panic when no one makes a run or gives you the option of an easy pass.

We are still a long way off being a team where we can play lots of flowing passing movements, but in the last 3 games we’ve looked a lot better and it’d be interesting if Gunnar is injured now to see if Ralls Camerasa and Artur play together and if so, which one takes the DM role ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Absolutely. He was integral to the win today.
    Involved in most of the good work we did.

He’s been excellent for us since he’s come here.

Anyway, the thread was a bit of well deserved praise for Joe scapegoat.

Interesting to see what Warnock had to say about him too.
    Warnock basically said that he’s underrated and that most people missed the hard work he does as he and that he’d give him 9/10 where the papers who’d look for the flash players would give him 6.

Match Of The Day also gave him some praise, picking out his work and tackles.

Having a few options to pass to has really helped.

He got a fair bit of stick a few weeks back for panicky passing and I can see why, but it’s difficult not to panic when no one makes a run or gives you the option of an easy pass.

We are still a long way off being a team where we can play lots of flowing passing movements, but in the last 3 games we’ve looked a lot better and it’d be interesting if Gunnar is injured now to see if Ralls Camerasa and Artur play together and if so, which one takes the DM role ?
    Gunnar took a knock early on in the game yesterday - I wonder if that is why he went off, as he looked quite ponderous.

I agree about Patterson though - I suspect that along with Bamba (and Etheridge!) he is the first name on the team sheet. A typical Warnock player. Maybe not the flashiest, but he always contributes.

And well done Joe Ralls - that minor dip in form seems to be over.

The scuffed pass actually led to the 2 Peltier blocks, when the corner came to nothing.

The goal came from a corner after a great run from Redmond, who was excellent again today.

Patterson also had a hand in both our goals, so more than early his money today

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The scuffed pass actually led to the 2 Peltier blocks, when the corner came to nothing.

The goal came from a corner after a great run from Redmond, who was excellent again today.

Patterson also had a hand in both our goals, so more than early his money today
    Paterson was great yesterday, he just doesn't stop

Peltier also was fantastic. Huge tackle on Vestergaard who would have been away Peltier didn't go in 100%

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Great header to set up Bamba for the first goal.

He's a nuisance.