+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City plan permanent shrine for sala

City plan permanent shrine for sala

Sunday times has an article saying

"A club insider has now confirmed that discussions have started to find the best way to capture the spirit of the tributes and transport them inside the ground to create a permanent feature.

The plans are to recover the shirts and scarves, launder them and create a shrine in the stadium."

Re: City plan permanent shrine for sala

Doesn't need to be a shrine as such, maybe something around by the gates.

Have we got something like a hall of fame anywhere? Something to remember past players. Past on or living.

I bought a brick when the CCS
    was built. As did many others for different reasons. Mine was in memory of a family member.
    They are situated by the gates.
    Maybe something on these lines and stop fans walking over them as the inscriptions have faded badly. To the point that they are unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I bought a brick when the CCS
    was built. As did many others for different reasons. Mine was in memory of a family member.
    They are situated by the gates.
    Maybe something on these lines and stop fans walking over them as the inscriptions have faded badly. To the point that they are unreadable.
    My wife and I had a brick as a wedding present, also family members. It's a shame that part of the ground has been left to rot.

Rename the Canton or Ninian to the Sala Stand for permanency. Add an Argentine flag pattern into the seating for an extra touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Sunday times has an article saying

"A club insider has now confirmed that discussions have started to find the best way to capture the spirit of the tributes and transport them inside the ground to create a permanent feature.

The plans are to recover the shirts and scarves, launder them and create a shrine in the stadium."
    A memorial I think is the right word - something simple will be best. Not overblown.

Personally, I really like the idea of his words (I can't remember the exact quote) being printed over the tunnel as the players run out.