Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
Paul, some facts which the Telegraph report doesn`t mention (maybe they don`t know)

1. Willie McKay was made bankrupt in 2015 and would normally have been released from the restrictions of bankruptcy after 12 months. However , because of his conduct leading up to the bankruptcy he is on a Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking which means he has all the restrictions of a bankrupt until at least August 2023.

2. Licencing for football agents effectively ceased in 2015 (the football authorities concerns over agents` activities mean they are currently thinking of reintroducing the licencing system). Instead there is a register of authorised intermediaries who are allowed to carry out transactions with clubs and players. Willie McKay has no such authority and should not be involved in any shape or form in such dealings and shouldn`t be acting for FC Nantes , Emiliano Sala or any other football club or player involved in a transfer to a UK club.

2. Willie McKay`s son Mark is registered as an authorised intermediary. To retain that registration , an individual has to submit an annual return effectively confirming that he/she passes a type of "fit and proper person" test. The relevant wording on this does not specifically mention being a director of a company that has been wound up by a court for non-payment of its debts , but perhaps he should have mentioned that this was his case back in 2017 when completing the return.

3. Neil Warnock has previously claimed that he IS a good friend of Willie McKay.

4. Why Neil Warnock felt the need to offer professional football contracts to two other sons of Willie McKay remains a bit of a mystery in footballing ability terms if it was an "arms length" footballing decision.
I really can't understand how Willie McKay can act as a Football agent whilst being restricted by a Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking, so let's assume that is another illegal undertaking that he continues to flaunt the law with.

Does anyone know if The McKay's have their mucky fingers in any UK Premier league teams, I would imagine the likes of Arsenal,Chelsea,West Ham,Liverpool & Man U wouldn't touch The McKay's with a bargepole?

With the current HMRC winding up order on Mercato Sports ( owned by Mark McKay (son) & Janis McKay (wife of Willie) I am hoping the ball will be well & truly burst for the McKay's when it gets in the courtroom.

I am guessing that Neil Warnock might have said he is a good friend of Willie McKay in business terms but I would very much doubt whether he would still be saying that in current circumstances.

From what I can see there is a 'shoe in' trait for sons of football personalities, it doesn't always follow that the DNA of the gifted player is in the son...... it is strange that the McKay twins were given contracts at CCFC but I am sure that it was just part of the Footballing secret handshake that clinched the deal

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3185928