+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Radio 5 interview with NW

Radio 5 interview with NW

Re: Radio 5 interview with NW

Whenever I listen to Neil Warnock ,I realise he's such a down to earth human type of a guy , and a manager who has graced this game of football so well , deserves some form or recognition like an OBE or MBE as he's obviously a proud Brit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whenever I listen to Neil Warnock ,I realise he's such a down to earth human type of a guy , and a manager who has graced this game of football so well , deserves some form or recognition like an OBE or MBE as he's obviously a proud Brit.
    If we stay up this season, we need to have a statue build of him outside the ground! In 50 seasons of supporting the club, he is without doubt the best manager in my time.

To get 25 points from 26 games on a budget of 30 million pounds is nothing short of remarkable. He’s on course for a million pounds a point. I don’t know if that has ever been achieved before by a promoted side but it can’t have happened many times before.

He has also been impeccable and has spoken well over the last two weeks.

Personally, I feel like reserving judgement on his character after some of the more silly things he’s come out with and I feel the fans and the players themselves have to be given a lot of credit as well. No need for a statue in my opinion. I’d prefer one of Sol if I could choose.

One of those queeny medals/badges on the other hand would be fitting and deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    To get 25 points from 26 games on a budget of 30 million pounds is nothing short of remarkable. He’s on course for a million pounds a point. I don’t know if that has ever been achieved before by a promoted side but it can’t have happened many times before.

He has also been impeccable and has spoken well over the last two weeks.

Personally, I feel like reserving judgement on his character after some of the more silly things he’s come out with and I feel the fans and the players themselves have to be given a lot of credit as well. No need for a statue in my opinion. I’d prefer one of Sol if I could choose.

One of those queeny medals/badges on the other hand would be fitting and deserved.
    When you see our top scorers have 4 goals each (Paterson, Reid) after 26 games, it is remarkable.

Many teams have stayed up on much lower budgets in the past, but if we're comparing to the last few years where money in football has rocketed, £30m is pocket change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    When you see our top scorers have 4 goals each (Paterson, Reid) after 26 games, it is remarkable.

Many teams have stayed up on much lower budgets in the past, but if we're comparing to the last few years where money in football has rocketed, £30m is pocket change.

Our budget may not be anywhere near the biggest in the league, but it is far higher than the £30m NW often quotes - try more than double that. Perhaps he is stating basic salaries , excluding appearance money , win and goal bonuses etc. which usually comprise a significant proportion of a player`s overall wages.

When people talk about budget don’t they generally only talk about transfer fees? That’s where the 30 million comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Our budget may not be anywhere near the biggest in the league, but it is far higher than the £30m NW often quotes - try more than double that. Perhaps he is stating basic salaries , excluding appearance money , win and goal bonuses etc. which usually comprise a significant proportion of a player`s overall wages.
    Goal bonuses 😂😂😂😂 don’t reckon any of our lot will make a life changing amount out of an individual goal bonus😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Goal bonuses �������� don’t reckon any of our lot will make a life changing amount out of an individual goal bonus����
    that's why Sol celebrated like he did, he could afford a Clark's washed down with a 1/2 of Rev.James

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I think the quoted £30m is just the transfer fees Keith