+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley yesterday

Burnley yesterday

I know that highlights can be misleading and I only listened to the game on the radio yesterday but if Burnley continue to have the luck that they had against Brighton, then there is no way they will go down.

Their 3 goals were all hugely fortunate. 😡😡😡

Re: Burnley yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I know that highlights can be misleading and I only listened to the game on the radio yesterday but if Burnley continue to have the luck that they had against Brighton, then there is no way they will go down.

Their 3 goals were all hugely fortunate. 😡😡😡
    Burnley are the worst side I have seen this season . They were hugely fortunate to beat us . I fancy we can finish above them .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Burnley are the worst side I have seen this season . They were hugely fortunate to beat us . I fancy we can finish above them .
    Agreed. They were rubbish at the CCS and I still don’t know how they won, but their form has improved since then.

But their goals last night......🙈

Burnley seem to have turned a corner, and although the poorest team we have played at home along with Fulham, are currently 4th Premier League Form Table, Last 6 Matches.

It's good to see Brighton dropping like a stone. Let's hope they haven't replace Chris Hughton by the time we play them. Statistics have made for poor reading for Chris Hughton's side, with one win and seven defeats in their last 11 games.

West Ham & Everton are also below us on current form. The three games v Brighton (A 16th March), West Ham (H 9th March) and Everton (H 26th Feb) are all winnable on current form.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables...:home-and-away

Burnelys revival appears to be down to Tom Heaton performing miracles as he did again yesterday. Didn’t they win a game recently without having a single shot on target or something?

Burnley will stay up with room to spare. Brighton have had a bad run of form but you can see them doing enough to survive

Is that correct that Brighton away is the fa cup quarter final weekend so if Brighton beat Derby it'll need to be rearranged?

Don't forget that Burnley also won a game 2-1 the other week without having a shot on target.
    They've also had 2 penalties in the last 2 weeks after not having any for 60+ games (yesterday's given just after the worst ever refereeing decision not to award one against them seconds earlier)
    Last edited by The Bloop; 10-02-19 at 19:14. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Burnelys revival appears to be down to Tom Heaton performing miracles as he did again yesterday. Didn’t they win a game recently without having a single shot on target or something?
    Against Fulham how heaton made that one hand save I don’t know

Tom Heaton. Fullstop.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That is right. They beat Fulham 2-1 and had zero shots on target (two own goals). Now if that isn’t luck I don’t know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Burnley will stay up with room to spare. Brighton have had a bad run of form but you can see them doing enough to survive
    Based on what exactly? They're just 3pts above the relegation zone! If you said they'd just scrape it, then perhaps fair enough, but "stay up with room to spare"??

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Is that correct that Brighton away is the fa cup quarter final weekend so if Brighton beat Derby it'll need to be rearranged?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Tom Heaton. Fullstop.
    This, if we go down he will have been a big part of it.
    Burnley look as bad as anyone in this division, but seem to have the knack of pulling unlikely results out of nowhere.

IMG_20190212_110709.jpgIMG_20190212_110706.jpg

Can we start an online campaign for Burnley to reinstate Joe Hart?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This, if we go down he will have been a big part of it.
    Burnley look as bad as anyone in this division, but seem to have the knack of pulling unlikely results out of nowhere.
    Burnley haven't lost in 7. They're doing what they did last season now, being a bit rubbish but getting results. I can't see them going down now.

Totally agree with that...