+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Injury time winners

Injury time winners

I believe that is 3 games we have now won with injury time goals.

Thats pretty impressive considering we have only won 7 games in total!

We also scored the winning goals after 65, 74 and 77 the other 3 wins (as well as 87 v Fulham but that wasn't decisive)

The only difference is the Bournemouth game where we took the lead after 5 mins and held it.

On paper we have the worst squad without a doubt- but if there is one thing which gives us a chance- it's that.

Re: Injury time winners

The Brighton game still makes me cringe. I found it a frustrating game and left on 85 minutes, berating to anyone in earshot that it was crap and we were never going to score. As I was walking past KFC to get to the car, there was the huge cheer . Absolutely gutted I missed Sol's winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

We also scored the winning goals after 65, 74 and 77 the other 3 wins (as well as 87 v Fulham but that wasn't decisive)

The only difference is the Bournemouth game where we took the lead after 5 mins and held it.

On paper we have the worst squad without a doubt- but if there is one thing which gives us a chance- it's that
    Definitely.
    NW has built a team that is "greater than the sum of its parts"

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Definitely.
    NW has built a team that is "greater than the sum of its parts"
    Yes. The Bournemouth game was terrific but not the norm. The way they gave a ridiculous penalty away so early. They had just lost their most important players. We were superb.

However i doubt we will see another win like that this season (i hope im wrong!). Far more likely our wins will come like yesterday and at leicester i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    The Brighton game still makes me cringe. I found it a frustrating game and left on 85 minutes, berating to anyone in earshot that it was crap and we were never going to score. As I was walking past KFC to get to the car, there was the huge cheer . Absolutely gutted I missed Sol's winner.
    Let that be a lesson to you, never leave before the end

Perhaps another reason for our late winners is our fitness. I haven't noticed any city player flagging at the end of any games even when we were getting a few thumpings. We are a very fit squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Perhaps another reason for our late winners is our fitness. I haven't noticed any city player flagging at the end of any games even when we were getting a few thumpings. We are a very fit squad.
    Or just more conservative, there were stats the other day in the Guardian that showed we were by far the laziest team in the league

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Let that be a lesson to you, never leave before the end
    School boy error.

I can never understand when people leave before the end regardless of the score.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Or just more conservative, there were stats the other day in the Guardian that showed we were by far the laziest team in the league
    OK I'll accept that. Let em run around like headless chickens and we will keep our energy for the last ten minutes and injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

On paper we have the worst squad without a doubt- but if there is one thing which gives us a chance- it's that.
    This is so refreshing as for YEARS (well, as long as I can remember anyway) we have seemed to be the team that succumbed to last minute goals.

A hallmark of a Warnock side, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This is so refreshing as for YEARS (well, as long as I can remember anyway) we have seemed to be the team that succumbed to last minute goals.

A hallmark of a Warnock side, I suspect.
    Also apart from Chelsea away (we can forgive them that one) every time we have scored first we have gone on to win the game.

Again very uncardiff like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    School boy error.

I can never understand when people leave before the end regardless of the score.
    I had to get home as early as possible and the traffic is a nightmare. As I say, it was a gamble that backfired.

Was it against Burnley that Leo Fortune-West got 2 injury time goals to win 3-2 ? Would have been about 20 years ago now but my memory is a bit sketchy.