Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
I'm not a raving anti royalist, I'm just a bit meh about the whole thing, I don't care about them. But there's no way I'd go to the palace and kneel in front of the queen

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
I'm not a raving anti royalist, I'm just a bit meh about the whole thing, I don't care about them. But there's no way I'd go to the palace and kneel in front of the queen
Well, she is your Queen. Whilst not in person, you have kind of spent your whole life kneeling in front of her ;)

'Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State requests and requires in the name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary.'

I wonder if the passport people in foreign countries read through this page before allowing entry? “Fockin ell , this geezer’s got friends in high places, let him through !”

It’ll probably have to be redacted post-brexit to something like

'Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State realises you’re probably a bit miffed with all that referendum business and what not but in the name of Her Majesty please let the bearer pass with minimal hindrance as the people in the massive queue are likely getting a bit agitated and afford the bearer basic health cover (paracetamol and plasters should do it) and a restrained degree of retributive action as may be necessary.'

(Btw, I didn’t steal any of the above jokes from Michael McIntyre)