+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete meltdown on Saints message board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Complete meltdown on Saints message board

I read a lot of this yesterday and the one thing no one really mentions is that we are a team, united, with one hell of a spirit. Everyone looks at our squad and says we’re crap, and on paper we might be, but we beat you “better squad” by being a team on and off the pitch.
    I know it’s a hard task for us to stay up, but that board offers me comfort in their apparent disunity.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    I read a lot of this yesterday and the one thing no one really mentions is that we are a team, united, with one hell of a spirit. Everyone looks at our squad and says we’re crap, and on paper we might be, but we beat you “better squad” by being a team on and off the pitch.
    I know it’s a hard task for us to stay up, but that board offers me comfort in their apparent disunity.
    The way Bamba hurtled over the hoardings, like Red Rum at Beechers Brook in the Grand National, to go over and celebrate his goal with the fans, says it all to me. Likewise the way Zahore took his top off and celebrated with us after his goal. I'm pretty sure none of the other teams from Crystal Palace, in the 13th position down to Huddersfield at the bottom, show the same unity we do between fans, players and management. A huge, huge bonus in my eyes, and worth several points throughout the course of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The way Bamba hurtled over the hoardings, like Red Rum at Beechers Brook in the Grand National, to go over and celebrate his goal with the fans, says it all to me. Likewise the way Zahore took his top off and celebrated with us after his goal. I'm pretty sure none of the other teams from Crystal Palace, in the 13th position down to Huddersfield at the bottom, show the same unity we do between fans, players and management. A huge, huge bonus in my eyes, and worth several points throughout the course of the season
    Thoroughly agree. I wasn't there but it looked great even on the shite stream I had.

Bamba loves the club, and has even talked about how much he loves the city.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Thoroughly agree. I wasn't there but it looked great even on the shite stream I had.

Look at Arter and Ralls, they completely lose it when Zohore scores. It's great to see. It's a consequence of our situation but everyone has bought in this season. We're not very good but those lads will run through brick walls for the club. So proud to be a City fan with that side. They give everything they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I wasn't there either, but it looked absolutely awesome on the shite stream that I had to view the match on as well. Glad I wasn't the only one to 'enjoy' a stop/start view of the games proceedings

Not sure what I enjoyed most, see Bamba score or seeing him celebrate.

Apparently we're one of the "worse" teams in this league. Yet we managed to take 6 points off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Apparently we're one of the "worse" teams in this league. Yet we managed to take 6 points off them.
    I know what he means. You are both right. We are unquestionably one of the worst teams in the league, but we have also taken 6 points from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I know what he means. You are both right. We are unquestionably one of the worst teams in the league, but we have also taken 6 points from them.
    He forgot to mention that they are also one of the "worse" teams in the league. That was my point.

This is so reminiscent of our promotion season last year. Week in, week out we were slagged off as a crap team. We finished 2nd!
    Sod 'em!

The way they have gone downhill from the team that very easily put us to the sword Boxing Day 2013 at home (3-0 defeat, and they were that 3-0 up within 27 mins) is quite shocking. Lalana and Lambert tore u a new one that day. Keeping their best players and investing would have made them move forward. Instead they appear to be doing a Swansea....

The way they have gone downhill from the team that very easily put us to the sword Boxing Day 2013 at home (3-0 defeat, and they were that 3-0 up within 27 mins) is quite shocking. Lalana and Lambert tore u a new one that day. Keeping their best players and investing would have made them move forward. Instead they appear to be doing a Swansea....
    To be fair, I don't think a club like Southampton has much of a chance of keeping their players when teams like Liverpool, Man Utd etc come calling.

I think the problem is they haven't accepted their situation. When you accept you're a poor side struggling then the fan base will generally get behind the team and understand no match is a gimme.

Guess when puel got them to 8th or 9th wasn't all that bad.

I've just been reading another Southampton website as well as this one and they seem to be talking themselves into a crisis mindset - lose to Fulham in their next home match and it might be I suppose.

I love how arrogant and patrionising towards us they are despite us beating them twice

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I love how arrogant and patrionising towards us they are despite us beating them twice
    I think that comment applies to 18 other teams in the Premier League ( not the beating them twice bit ) ! They all seem to think we are the worst team ever and seem bewildered when we have the audacity to take points of their team !

Just because we didn’t spend a fortune and rely on good old fashioned team spirit, work ethic and commitment!

I honestly don't get why our fans get so defensive when someone says we are a poor team. Our Twitter fan base wander round like momentum on there targeting anyone who dares to say anything negative about us.

Let them think what they want. We are not the most pleasing on the eye and without the incredible team spirit, character and sheer will to win we'd probably be bottom of the league.

What we lack in ability we make up in having real old school leaders on the pitch, something that is dying in the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I honestly don't get why our fans get so defensive when someone says we are a poor team. Our Twitter fan base wander round like momentum on there targeting anyone who dares to say anything negative about us.

Let them think what they want. We are not the most pleasing on the eye and without the incredible team spirit, character and sheer will to win we'd probably be bottom of the league.

What we lack in ability we make up in having real old school leaders on the pitch, something that is dying in the modern game.
    I just don’t understand why they feel so entitled. They are an average club. Both fans and team should focus on the basics. Something that we do well. We should be an inspiration to them.

They’ll go down if that is any reflection of the attitude around the club.

Let's face it that lot will moan about anything including when they finished 7th in the League having the audacity to get their manager the sack.

Our players are fighting to get into the side and stay there. At Southampton, Fulham etc they are happy to hide.

They remind me of Fulham fans-think they've got a divine right to be a Premier league side.

Their next run of games doesn't look too kind

I would not have taken a single player from their side from Saturday & put them in our team. I could not pick a MoM for them, no-one stood out. C'mon Fulham 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Our players are fighting to get into the side and stay there. At Southampton, Fulham etc they are happy to hide.
    How long before players at Huddersfield, Fulham and Southampton start looking for a way out of their respective clubs to stay with a PL club? Once the rot sets in...
    On the other hand, our players will stick with NW come what may, as has already been shown. Unlike Saints, our fans are 100% behind the team and management. I just hope no-one gets seriously hurt in our goal celebrations.