+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Healthy eating.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Healthy eating.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I need to sort my diet out lads. At the moment I'm just eating crap, ie bacon and sausage roll for breakfast, sarnie and crisps for dinner and I usually grab a takeaway on my way home from work.
    I was wondering if any of you lot have a plan? I've gone down the salad route, but I'm still hungry after I've eaten it.
    I'm a big lump (you'll be surprised to hear ) so eating tiny portions isn't really for me.
    Can anyone guide me in the right direction, or am I a lost cause
    Salad good but have a steak or grilled chicken or turkey with it.
    Cauliflower also a good meat substitute.

Low carb with intermittent fasting is what is working for me. When I say intermittent fasting I mean eating last food at 6pm and nothing thereafter until 12 noon next day. I thought this would be impossible to maintain but it can easily be done. I started off gently by having a breakfast every other day at 8.00am. It's surprising that you soon realise you aren't really hungry at 8.00am at all - it's just habit. I aim for max 100g of carbs per day. Some days I can barely eat enough to achieve that!

Eat loads of protein i.e. all kinds of meat mainly white meat, bacon, ham, eggs, cheese, salads, fish, vegetables, Greek yoghurt, berries (mainly strawberries and blueberries). Obviously no sugar, cakes, biscuits, bread, pasta and limited rice and potatoes and occasional dark chocolate (min 80% cocoa). Again I didn't think I could live without these but you can!

I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks and am enjoying my food - no more bloating or stomach aches late at night!

I should add forget about exercising unless it is purely for general fitness/muscle strength purposes. Just check how much exercise is required to burn off just 1 lb of fat!