+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester midfield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Leicester midfield

It really is great to see more youngsters being blooded in the top flight lately.

It's difficult in the top 4 or 5 but I think the way to go is for championship clubs in particular to invest in cat 1 academies.

I think it would cost about 3 million a year but if you've got a vision like Leicester have shown then the chances are that you'll reclaim the costs.

Swansea have brought through Fulton, Roberts, Harris, Rodon, James, Grimes, Mcburnie, Byers and I think Mulder this season.

I know they bought a couple of those to go into their academy team but they all cost less than 1 million and now they'd be worth at least 40 million between them which would enable their academy to fund itself for the next 15 years at cat 1 level, not to mention the savings made in not having to buy players.

Re: Leicester midfield

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It really is great to see more youngsters being blooded in the top flight lately.

It's difficult in the top 4 or 5 but I think the way to go is for championship clubs in particular to invest in cat 1 academies.

I think it would cost about 3 million a year but if you've got a vision like Leicester have shown then the chances are that you'll reclaim the costs.

Swansea have brought through Fulton, Roberts, Harris, Rodon, James, Grimes, Mcburnie, Byers and I think Mulder this season.

I know they bought a couple of those to go into their academy team but they all cost less than 1 million and now they'd be worth at least 40 million between them which would enable their academy to fund itself for the next 15 years at cat 1 level, not to mention the savings made in not having to buy players.
    I know our club were willing to do a Burnley this season but part of that must be improving the academy structure and pathway into our first team. Since Dyche has come in they've sold 7 players for greater than £3million which has been a massive boost to what they can do, but I really can't see us selling any more than perhaps one of our current crop for more than £3million.