+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester midfield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Leicester midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Seriously, have a day off. You were wrong, you got called out, accept it and move on.
    I stand by my opinion that any footballer who has been around the professional game for 20 years should be sent off to do his Pro licence, and then fast-tracked into manament, i.e. given a role such as the one Bellamy has with the U18's, or work with the reserves. The idea that they should coach a bunch of kids, the vast majority of whom won't even be offered professional contracts, is not your best idea.

PS I'm still waiting for your info, so that I can update my Pep files!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I stand by my opinion that any footballer who has been around the professional game for 20 years should be sent off to do his Pro licence, and then fast-tracked into manament, i.e. given a role such as the one Bellamy has with the U18's, or work with the reserves. The idea that they should coach a bunch of kids, the vast majority of whom won't even be offered professional contracts, is not your best idea.

Please keep digging

Bellamy IS working with the kids. That's what people mean, who do you still not get this? I have replied on another thread but Pep coached Barcelona's B team, which is a youth team for all intents and purposes. Also, some of the other managers I mentioned on that thread worked at lower age levels such as Hasenhuttl and Rodgers.

Bellamy IS working with the kids. That's what people mean, who do you still not get this? I have replied on another thread but Pep coached Barcelona's B team, which is a youth team for all intents and purposes. Also, some of the other managers I mentioned on that thread worked at lower age levels such as Hasenhuttl and Rodgers.
    How*

Bellamy IS working with the kids. That's what people mean, who do you still not get this?
    Using that definition Warnock is also working with kids, but that is not his primary role.

I have replied on another thread but Pep coached Barcelona's B team, which is a youth team for all intents and purposes.
    I see, so he was coaching a group of players who were all on professional terms. It's hardly coaching a bunch of kids is it

I see, so he was coaching a group of players who were all on professional terms. It's hardly coaching a bunch of kids is it
    You genuinely think you've won this argument, don't you? Although, ignoring other facts such as Rodgers and Hasenhuttl working at lower levels does help.

When people say kids, they mean not the first team. Youth teams, or young pros. Bellamy was working with the kids as his primary role.

You genuinely think you've won this argument, don't you? Although, ignoring other facts such as Rodgers and Hasenhuttl working at lower levels does help.

When people say kids, they mean not the first team. Youth teams, or young pros. Bellamy was working with the kids as his primary role.
    The thread in question specifically mentioned starting on the bottom rung of the ladder, and you keep on moving the goalposts to fit your narrative. There is no reason why an ex-pro with 20 years of training under his belt would need to start on the bottom rung of the ladder, and if you think otherwise you are totally deluded.

Guardiola was on a faster.track than most, but coaching is a very different skill set to playing, it is absolutely not the case that any professional player can retire, get his badges and expect to be a good coach. This kind of thinking especially in British football has held us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Guardiola was on a faster.track than most, but coaching is a very different skill set to playing, it is absolutely not the case that any professional player can retire, get his badges and expect to be a good coach. This kind of thinking especially in British football has held us back.
    This is an entirely different subject, and wouldn't be effected by the level of coaching. Those who reach the top would get there anyway.