+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala died of head and chest injuries

Sala died of head and chest injuries

The inquest has heard Emiliano Sala was identified by finger print evidence. The cause of death, which was established after a post-mortem, is given as head and chest injuries. A pathologist described the cause of death as “head and trunk injuries”.

The inquest has been adjourned. The full AAIB investigation into the plane crash is expected to take between six and 12 months, although an interim report is due within a fortnight.

Re: Sala died of head and chest injuries

That seems to rule out the possibility of the plane being controlled gently into the sea which had been previously thought in some quarters.

so unconscious - perhaps a better way to go than drowning.

May also explain why the pilot was not found.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    The inquest has heard Emiliano Sala was identified by finger print evidence. The cause of death, which was established after a post-mortem, is given as head and chest injuries. A pathologist described the cause of death as “head and trunk injuries”.

The inquest has been adjourned. The full AAIB investigation into the plane crash is expected to take between six and 12 months, although an interim report is due within a fortnight.
    Trunk injuries are not necessarily chest injuries. The trunk includes the chest, back, shoulders and internal organs like the heart, lungs, stomach etc. The pathologist was obviously careful with his description.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Trunk injuries are not necessarily chest injuries. The trunk includes the chest, back, shoulders and internal organs like the heart, lungs, stomach etc. The pathologist was obviously careful with his description.
    A pretty bad landing then, so bad the pilot ended up out of the plane. Like to think they didn’t suffer in pain at least.

Can't be a heart attack?
    I think a serious possibility for Sala.

david ibbotson may have fallen from the plane while in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiffbangbang View Post
    Can't be a heart attack?
    I think a serious possibility for Sala.

david ibbotson may have fallen from the plane while in the air.
    No and no. Looks very much like the plane went nose first into the sea with the pilot being thrown clear.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    No and no. Looks very much like the plane went nose first into the sea with the pilot being thrown clear.
    Flyer46 makes some interesting points here

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ge-to-find-him

It's too much to imagine, let's not further the post any further, it's just awful and upsetting .

International

I struggle to see how the pilot could have been 'thrown clear' when all the people supposedly INK in previous posts have stated that the door is not up at the pilot seat but behind, and that the pilot has to get in and squeeze between the passenger seats to reach his own?

Hopefully Sala died on impact and only suffered the dread of crashing in the minutes and seconds before it happened. It would at least mean he didn’t suffer in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I struggle to see how the pilot could have been 'thrown clear' when all the people supposedly INK in previous posts have stated that the door is not up at the pilot seat but behind, and that the pilot has to get in and squeeze between the passenger seats to reach his own?
    With the pilot usually occupying the Lefthand seat in the cockpit the attached photograph will show you how tight the gap is between the seats behind the cockpit, David Ibbotson wasn't a tiny guy so access to & from the cockpit is quite narrow.

If the aircraft went into the water vertically at a speed higher than the cruise speed I would imagine the front screen shattered and the water rushing in would or could have washed David Ibbotson backwards to the rear door.

I am not going to put assumptions into the mix as it would be improper to do so.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    With the pilot usually occupying the Lefthand seat in the cockpit the attached photograph will show you how tight the gap is between the seats behind the cockpit, David Ibbotson wasn't a tiny guy so access to & from the cockpit is quite narrow.

If the aircraft went into the water vertically at a speed higher than the cruise speed I would imagine the front screen shattered and the water rushing in would or could have washed David Ibbotson backwards to the rear door.

I am not going to put assumptions into the mix as it would be improper to do so.
    It raises thoughts and questions in my mind that have been lurking in the back of my head, and I really don't want to be thinking them

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's safe to assume that entry into the sea wasn't a soft landing and the canopy disintegrated on impact. Therefore the pilot may well have been thrown clear from the main body of the aircraft. Hence no pics released of the remains of the front of the aircraft. Probably a right mess. AAIB will be able to ascertain if that is why the pilot is missing.

International

It's safe to assume that entry into the sea wasn't a soft landing and the canopy disintegrated on impact. Therefore the pilot may well have been thrown clear from the main body of the aircraft. Hence no pics released of the remains of the front of the aircraft. Probably a right mess. AAIB will be able to ascertain if that is why the pilot is missing.
    But wouldn't he have been strapped in?

Am I the only one to have seen the photos (someone sent them round a WhatsApp group I’m in)

The plane was all one piece and in surprisingly good condition.

If they are the same photos I have seen, then:

A) the plane was not recovered, its still on the sea bed.

B) there is no way in the world that the pic of the body is sala’s.

There are some horrifically sick people around, and some mediums of social media just gives them the licence to peddle their filth.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post

There are some horrifically sick people around, and some mediums of social media just gives them the licence to peddle their filth.
    Didn't know there were other pics of the plane ....... just googled it and the following came up

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...dave-ibbotson/

International

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Didn't know there were other pics of the plane ....... just googled it and the following came up

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...dave-ibbotson/

That must have been some crash judging by those photos. The doors have been forced forward and thew wings have been completely repositioned. Amazing impact to do that!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post

You are right.

The registration numbers on the side don’t match and the type of plane is completely different......

There was NEVER going to be a smooth landing, with poor control of the aircraft, in gale force winds and rough seas, flying with virtually no visuals at cruise speed, I'm guessing in excess of 150 mph.
    If he was wearing a cross chest seat belt, the impact at that speed would likely rupture his aorta, which would result in instant death. That would be the 'died of trunk injuries'. The head injuries, could be as a result of impact with something (including the pilot), or something similar to a 'shaking baby syndrome'.
    He would NOT have drowned or suffered following those injuries.