+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sala died of head and chest injuries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Sala died of head and chest injuries

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    No and no. Looks very much like the plane went nose first into the sea with the pilot being thrown clear.
    I struggle to see how the pilot could have been 'thrown clear' when all the people supposedly INK in previous posts have stated that the door is not up at the pilot seat but behind, and that the pilot has to get in and squeeze between the passenger seats to reach his own?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I struggle to see how the pilot could have been 'thrown clear' when all the people supposedly INK in previous posts have stated that the door is not up at the pilot seat but behind, and that the pilot has to get in and squeeze between the passenger seats to reach his own?
    With the pilot usually occupying the Lefthand seat in the cockpit the attached photograph will show you how tight the gap is between the seats behind the cockpit, David Ibbotson wasn't a tiny guy so access to & from the cockpit is quite narrow.

If the aircraft went into the water vertically at a speed higher than the cruise speed I would imagine the front screen shattered and the water rushing in would or could have washed David Ibbotson backwards to the rear door.

I am not going to put assumptions into the mix as it would be improper to do so.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    With the pilot usually occupying the Lefthand seat in the cockpit the attached photograph will show you how tight the gap is between the seats behind the cockpit, David Ibbotson wasn't a tiny guy so access to & from the cockpit is quite narrow.

If the aircraft went into the water vertically at a speed higher than the cruise speed I would imagine the front screen shattered and the water rushing in would or could have washed David Ibbotson backwards to the rear door.

I am not going to put assumptions into the mix as it would be improper to do so.
    It raises thoughts and questions in my mind that have been lurking in the back of my head, and I really don't want to be thinking them