Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
I must admit, for me, it was never about playing against the best 6 clubs - let's face it, some of us remember when Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea were in Div 2, and it's only 20 years ago that Man City were in the 3rd tier of football. Top sixes change, albeit a bit more slowly these days.

For me, it's about seeing my team succeed. You can only sicceed against the teams that you are facing, if that means no Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool, then so be it. Wouldn't bother me one bit. But then, I've seen us play more dungeon games than top level football.
Exactly this. Barcelona are a great team but it doesn't bother me that we won't get to play them. The gap between the elite and the rest is so cavernous now that the only way to cross it is to spend the sort of money that has distorted the competition in the first place, and I don't want that. So let them disappear into a European super league designed for the armchair supporter and leave the rest of us to enjoy a proper competition back here.