+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone see any ufo sightings last night 11/02/19 over pontprennau

Anyone see any ufo sightings last night 11/02/19 over pontprennau

I saw 4 massive bright lights on m4 at 3.54 am and it wasn't an aeroplane. Looked like a space station or a planet?

Re: Anyone see any ufo sightings last night 11/02/19 over pontprennau

This thread could be an all timer.

I once saw four, bright, green lights coming towards me as I was driving along on a lonely country road in southern Ireland. It was out in the countryside and very dark, probably about 11pm. The lights were about 12 inches apart and hovering at about 12 inches above the road surface. It absolutely frightened the pants off me until they got closer and I realised it was a lorry in a hidden dip and the lights were on the front of the cab roof!

It's understandable that many ghost and alien spacecraft sightings are reported as having taken place at night. The human brain is constantly trying to make sense of incomplete shapes and objects and the result is often the creation of one's imagination. It's the same phenomenon as seeing faces in clouds and a multitude of things in ink blots. And religious experiences tend to be based on the deity we have been indoctrinated with whereas there have been thousands of them in the history of mankind. The nature of perception is fascinating and often says more about our internal world than the external.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I saw 4 massive bright lights on m4 at 3.54 am and it wasn't an aeroplane. Looked like a space station or a planet?
    Kenny Miller's shot has finally re-entered earth's orbit.

It was a lorry.

Years ago, whilst living in Risca, my mam shouted to me that there was a UFO down the valley.
    I believe in extra-terrestrial life, but was sceptical, so I looked...
    I saw it too.
    It was the classic "cigar shape" with three bumps in the middle, seemed to be hovering over (roughly) the Bassaleg area (We lived halfway up the mountain so could see all the way to Cardiff on clear days)
    As we looked for more than a couple of minutes, it barely moved...
    then it got bigger...
    then I could see that it was heading almost head-on to us...
    then I could see it was a plane with a prop on each wing.

Anything in the sky is a UFO until you know what it is, then it is simply an identified flying object.

Not last night but previously when approaching the Cardiff gate pontprennau exit I saw a bright light in the sky. Wasn't a plane or helicopter but was very bright.

I usually put these things down to Chinese laterns and it may have been but it seemed too bright for that. Of course there will be a very simple explanation but having seen it for a good couple of minutes as I approached the exit, I couldn't work it out.

A teacher once told me a story that during a school D of E camping trip, there was horrendous commotion one night, when a student claimed to be attacked by a floating light in the pitch black, the teachers and students went out to see this light erratically moving about around the tents stopping and then moving again. coming within feet of the students.

the teachers were genuinely petrified and ordered everyone inside the tents, the commotion lasted hours, the next morning a student found a dead seagull nearby with fishing tackle around its neck, turns out it was a light up fishing float

Wasnt there a thread on here years ago about someone seeing a flashing red light in the sky every night.

Did they ever work out what it was?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wasnt there a thread on here years ago about someone seeing a flashing red light in the sky every night.

Jumanji Jim if I remember right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not last night but previously when approaching the Cardiff gate pontprennau exit I saw a bright light in the sky. Wasn't a plane or helicopter but was very bright.

I usually put these things down to Chinese laterns and it may have been but it seemed too bright for that. Of course there will be a very simple explanation but having seen it for a good couple of minutes as I approached the exit, I couldn't work it out.
    That's exactly where I seen it too. Unless your humouring me?

A brothel on the hill.

A brothel on the hill.

A brothel on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A brothel on the hill.
    Sounds like a good album title

That's exactly where I seen it too. Unless your humouring me?
    Not humouring you. Your thread reminded me of it.

I saw lights once after some magic mushroom tea

Missed it gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's understandable that many ghost and alien spacecraft sightings are reported as having taken place at night. The human brain is constantly trying to make sense of incomplete shapes and objects and the result is often the creation of one's imagination. It's the same phenomenon as seeing faces in clouds and a multitude of things in ink blots. And religious experiences tend to be based on the deity we have been indoctrinated with whereas there have been thousands of them in the history of mankind. The nature of perception is fascinating and often says more about our internal world than the external.
    Its called "Pareidolia" - we fill in the spaces to make shapes we can recognise or make sense of

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Its called "Pareidolia" - we fill in the spaces to make shapes we can recognise or make sense of
    Cheers for that!