+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhys Healey

Rhys Healey

Just looked at the MK Dons line up against the Cewnty tonight and Rhys Healey is up front for them. He was playing for our U23'S last night but I haven't seen anything about him going back to the Dons. Have I missed something?

Re: Rhys Healey

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Just looked at the MK Dons line up against the Cewnty tonight and Rhys Healey is up front for them. He was playing for our U23'S last night but I haven't seen anything about him going back to the Dons. Have I missed something?
    MK Dons
    22Moore
    16Martin
    4Walsh
    26Cargill
    25Brittain
    18McGrandles
    6Cissé
    3Lewington
    8Gilbey
    14Agard
    21Wheeler

Where have you seen that?

I couldn't see him in the lineup.

MK Dons have a player called Ryan Harley.

FotMob had him in the original line up but they've now changed it. I even clicked on his name and it said on loan from us. Cock up presumably.

FotMob had him in the original line up but they've now changed it. I even clicked on his name and it said on loan from us. Cock up presumably.
    I wonder what Rhys is thinking now. I'm sure he's doing everything he can to make sure he's ready if the chance of more first team action comes his way here but there must be a part of him that wishes he was still at MK Dons, playing regular football in front of thousands for a team pushing for promotion instead of playing DVP stuff for us with Stuart O'Keefe.

You never know how things will turn out and it wouldn't take a huge turn of events for him to be involved with the first team again but the odds are that, Everton aside, he'll be struggling to even make the bench for the rest of the season, especially when (if) Danny Ward is fit again. It's been a frustrating six years for him here but he's stuck at it and deserves a bit of luck, hard to see it coming now though.

He's not good enough to play for us, I've never got this weird desire to see him get anywhere near the first team. Come the end of this season he's been here 6 years and played about 13 games for us.

Granted he was signed as a kid and had that nasty injury, but come on, he's 24 and his best goal scoring season was at Connah's Quay, which is why we signed him! I can't remember which game he came on for us recently, but it highligted our then lack of ability up front. Thankfully Neil has moved toward giving Bobby a chance up there and with the signing of Niasse, he has no place near the team.

Time to try and get as much as we can from MK Dons or another league 2 side, that's his level

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He's not good enough to play for us, I've never got this weird desire to see him get anywhere near the first team. Come the end of this season he's been here 6 years and played about 13 games for us.

Granted he was signed as a kid and had that nasty injury, but come on, he's 24 and his best goal scoring season was at Connah's Quay, which is why we signed him! I can't remember which game he came on for us recently, but it highligted our then lack of ability up front. Thankfully Neil has moved toward giving Bobby a chance up there and with the signing of Niasse, he has no place near the team.

Time to try and get as much as we can from MK Dons or another league 2 side, that's his level
    Think that’s a bit harsh.

He’s a joe mason. Potential to make it but yet to be seen.

He’s a poacher. He will never be seen as any good in a Warnock side

Not sure what I was expecting from Rhys in Monday's Development team game after what was seen as a successful loan at MK Dons over the first half of the season, but his performance, for me, was below the sort of levels he was regularly producing for the same team four or five years ago.

I daresay attitudes change towards playing for a team like the Under 23s as the years go by. As a teenager, it's part of your hoped for progression to first team football, so you are full of enthusiasm, but, once you've had a taste of playing senior football and you are into your twenties, it can become more of a chore where motivation becomes harder to find.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I think Llandaff Blue is just being brutally honest.

"He's a Joe Mason"

What a ringing endorsement!

Christ if he’s a Joe Mason give Wolves a ring in the Summer window, the money will come in very handy😜

he'd taller than Joe Mason scored about 100 plus goals v Joe's 52 and is slightly more attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

Granted he was signed as a kid and had that nasty injury, but come on, he's 24 and his best goal scoring season was at Connah's Quay, which is why we signed him! I can't remember which game he came on for us recently, but it highlighted our then lack of ability up front. Thankfully Neil has moved toward giving Bobby a chance up there and with the signing of Niasse, he has no place near the team.

Warnock doesn't seem sure what his level is. He gave him a 30 month extension on his contract when we were in the Championship, loaned him out to the Conference then loaned him out to League 2 and has now made him part of our Premier League squad. I'm not sure myself but if you pushed me I'd say he's a top end League 1 player but that seems to be the one division Warnock doesn't fancy him in.