+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OGS and Man Utd

OGS and Man Utd

Down to earth with a bump tonight. Men against boys, even with PSG missing 2 of their biggest stars.

Re: OGS and Man Utd

Give him a 5 year contract

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

And £500 million to burn through on project players

Are Manu playing well because OGS is there,
    Or
    Are they simply playing like they always could, because Jose isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Or
    The later I would say and they still lack a midfield and defense .

OGS arrival has simply papered over the cracks they need a massive clear out ,very much second best tonight,against a team even without two very big stars, still had 47 million players to bring on .

Buffon didn't have a save to make ( and his distribution is woeful ).

Man Utd have required a complete re-build since Sir Alex Ferguson left. It still hasn’t happened and with respect to Ole they will need someone with a far better CV than his to sort it out.

Manchester United have been exposed for the imposters they are. Not one decent chance created in the whole game, resorting to hopeful crosses, meat and drink to a resolute back line.
    Can see prem sides exploiting their weaknesses after that performance, especially at the back.

All that said, the referee was very one sided in favour of the French.

At times the defending was giving me unwelcome flashbacks

Wolff crying into his pickled herring as we speak

That’s more like the Solskjaer I remember. Losing 2-0 after 70 mins, hands in pockets, silent, clueless look slapped all over his Chevy Chase

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Or
    I think that EVERYONE knows the answer to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    And £500 million to burn through on project players
    Correction: on ‘second rate Norwegian project players’

First half was even, the. The injuries didn't help Manu at all and once the first goal went in from a set piece it was only going to end one way, as psg were going to hit them on the break.

There are still big issues with their squad, and he hasn't been given the opportunity to do anything about that yet. They need a defensive midfielder with a bit of pace and one of two centre backs at least.
    To have papered over those obvious flaws so far reflects well on him.
    At least these days when they are in the ascendency they are exciting to watch, a couple of times in the first half they broke and they properly committed to it, like an Alex Ferguson team.
    Please was completely useless here, but that doesn't mean he can't be a success there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    First half was even, the. The injuries didn't help Manu at all and once the first goal went in from a set piece it was only going to end one way, as psg were going to hit them on the break.

There are still big issues with their squad, and he hasn't been given the opportunity to do anything about that yet. They need a defensive midfielder with a bit of pace and one of two centre backs at least.
    To have papered over those obvious flaws so far reflects well on him.
    At least these days when they are in the ascendency they are exciting to watch, a couple of times in the first half they broke and they properly committed to it, like an Alex Ferguson team.
    Please was completely useless here, but that doesn't mean he can't be a success there
    Good post. Some of the dislike for Solskjaer on here is unwarranted. He acknowledges mistakes he made when he was with us. He tried to turn a boring, one-paced side into one that could keep possession a bit better and be more attacking. He didn't have the players to do that and hardly had much to spend when he came in, hence a few small purchases that represented little risk for players he hoped might make the step up. For what we paid for the three, it was relatively chicken feed in terms of PL transfers. Tan wasn't going to let go of huge amounts after the Cornelius transfer - Tan had previously said we didn't need to spend lots of money on top players after Swansea bought Michu for not a lot. The downside to trying to be a bit more attacking was we became defensively awful.

I hope he does well at United. It's a club that I couldn't stand during Fergie's days, even following on from that, but I wish Solskjaer all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good post. Some of the dislike for Solskjaer on here is unwarranted. He acknowledges mistakes he made when he was with us. He tried to turn a boring, one-paced side into one that could keep possession a bit better and be more attacking. He didn't have the players to do that and hardly had much to spend when he came in, hence a few small purchases that represented little risk for players he hoped might make the step up. For what we paid for the three, it was relatively chicken feed in terms of PL transfers. Tan wasn't going to let go of huge amounts after the Cornelius transfer - Tan had previously said we didn't need to spend lots of money on top players after Swansea bought Michu for not a lot. The downside to trying to be a bit more attacking was we became defensively awful.

I hope he does well at United. It's a club that I couldn't stand during Fergie's days, even following on from that, but I wish Solskjaer all the best.
    At the same time I don't think we need to start offering him excuses for his time here because he's doing well now.

Two quite different challenges and maybe he is just more suited to the current one. And perhaps the experience first around has better equipped him this time around. I think as you've said he appreciates mistakes were made and unfortunately that made it very difficult for us. Perhaps in the end just wrong manager, wrong time but whatever he was trying to do ultimately his performance was poor. Long done and dusted and wish him well for the future.