Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
It is indeed a very good save but the tag the greatest save of all time is what I more have the issue with

Of course it’s all subjective but growing up the most memorable save that stuck in my mind from English football ( not Cardiff related) was the Jim Montgomery double save in the 73 FA cup final - the 2nd save in the sequence was incredible and it was more important as Sunderland went on to win the Cup whereas England lost that game to Brazil. That to me seemed to be the best ever save I saw on TV ( always harder to recall from games seen live)

Dino Zoff’s save for Italy against Brazil from a header in the 82 World Cup was pretty special too

Talking of seeing saves live and Cardiff related I thought Etheridges save against Bournemouth the other week when he tipped the ball onto the bar was pretty amazing and didn’t seem to get as much credit at the time as I thought it should
I've just been looking for Bill Irwin's "save of the season" against Leeds in the FA Cup, but couldn't find it anywhere - I remember that as being something special and the last one in this compilation is tremendous as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875pgy4NxG4