+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Krakow Advise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Krakow Advise

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    cracking city, did 3 days last October.

Taxi to and from airport pretty cheap, bus a lot cheaper but the taxi is much quicker and will give you more time there compared so saving a few quid on the bus.

Salt mines were very good, local bus/train is easy.....trains were off when we were there and a taxi was only 65 zloty from city centre. Schindlers factory is a mad house...get there v v early with pre-booked tickets or don't bother.

Old town is great...you can walk everything at your own pace as well, Palace is a must as is the Jewish quarter which was my highlight as didn't know what to expect...go the main square there, find a nice bar and watch the world go by for a bit, get a Kapiankanka (spelling ?) from one of the kiosks in the square, very tasty. We did the eco "golf buggy" tour from the square...that was really good (but there were a lot of churches mind !!)

didn't do the other "main" attractions...not my cup of tea as we went to enjoy ourselves. Worth checking out if Wisla or Cracovia are at home for your football fix
    wow, now I'm excited thanks ,blooooobirds .

Still not chosen my hotel , the holiday Inn one seems nice, Its housed in an old building, near the old town ??

we stayed 3 nights in an airbnb apartment which was stunning (with balcony).....me/wife/son £150 all in

2 min walk to start of old town.....worth looking into

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    wow, now I'm excited thanks ,blooooobirds .

Still not chosen my hotel , the holiday Inn one seems nice, Its housed in an old building, near the old town ??
    All going on about cultural attractions and all that rubbish, the bottom line is that Zywiec is nicer than Tyskie, although both a thoroughly decent refreshing drink. eating outside in winter time, blankies provided by the eatery was different!!