Thread: Obscure players that once played for us

Obscure players that once played for us

Peter Odemwingie
    Quincy
    Ravel Morrison

Re: Obscure players that once played for us

Are they obscure?

They’re world famous compared to the likes of Dick Scott, Tommy Halliday etc 😂

Back in the 60s we signed 2 youngsters from Leeds United called Jack Winspear and Derek Ryder. They came to nothing. I wonder if they were related to an agent ?

To me as I can barely remembering them featuring

Andy Jordan

Gary Gill, male model

Taiwo
    Iwan Redan

Jorn Schwinkendorpf (spelling ?). I think we signed him because he was 6’ 7”and so was obviously great at winning the ball in the air.

Martin John.
    Ibrahim Meite.
    Mark Howard.

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu

Last seen training with Beaconsfield Town in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Malai View Post
    Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu

Last seen training with Beaconsfield Town in 2010
    Or ‘Dave’.

My boys still talk about him :-/

Billy Woof. One appearance, scored the winning goal, then walked out. Must have been barking mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Billy Woof. One appearance, scored the winning goal, then walked out. Must have been barking mad.
    I remember Billy Woof scoring, it was a late winner and we all started howling Woof Woof - well I say all, pretty sure there wasn't many there that day!

Mirko Bolesan has got to be one of the most obscure players who actually made it on to the pitch, think he made just one subs appearance. He was more famous as a posters name on here

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They’re world famous compared to the likes of Dick Scott, Tommy Halliday etc 😂
    Can't remember Dick Scott but Tommy Hallyday was a decent goal scorer despite being massively overweight to the extent he put Tomlin, Parkin and fatty Trundle to shame.

Fan Zhiyi. He played six matches.

Solomon Taiwo. No list would be complete without his name being on it.

we had a slightly more purposeful version of this thread a month or so ago where someone found what professed to be a list of all players who had ever played for us, and we tried to pick holes in it.
    For what it is worth, the players who I often forget played for us are mostly those from the red time. Some of them were quite good, too. Medel never really gets a mention in lists of great players to play for us, although he is clearly one of the best players we've had in a long time. Steven Caulker. Nicky maynard. heidar helgusson. All well-known players that, if asked in quiz to list the teams they had played for, I may well forget that cardiff was one of them.

Gabriel Tamas - our one and only Rumanian player.

Maximilliano Amondarian

Fred?

The lesser spotted Andreas Ferretti comes into this category. Allegedly we were alerted to him by Sir Alex Ferguson, he made 8 substitute appearances for us. In those 96 minutes he wore the Cardiff shirt, his greatest achievement was getting booked against Wolves in a 2-2 draw. Ferretti would go on to have a modest career as a 3rd tier journeyman in Italy, where his 0.28 goals a game average suggests Fergie got it rather badly wrong!

Interesting in that 2-2 draw in 2005, where we let a 2 goal lead slip late on, playing for Wolves that day were Michael Oakes, Mark Kennedy, Seyi Olofinjana, Kenny Miller and Lee Naylor, while they also had Gabor Gyepes on the bench. Steve R will be glad to know that Miller's main involement was being booked for dissent and being pulled off after 57 minutes. Cameron Jerome scored twice for us, Leon Clarke and Jolean Lescott netted for Wolves.

Miguel Commingues

Surprised nobody has mentioned Craig No one 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Cameron Jerome scored twice for us
    Not really an obscure player, just another really good one I often forget about. He really was an excellent player and scored goals consistently throughout his career (except maybe at Stoke).