Thread: Time for another grounds quiz.

Re: Time for another grounds quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Is 26 Sealand Rd ?
    And above I meant 24 for Maine Rd
    Just saw your answer.
    OK. Need to think again about 24

37 is a tough one. Layout of where the roads are it might be Millmoor, but that would mean all the houses are gone and replaced by factories

24 Saltergate ?

24 is a ground that I don't have too many memories of us playing at, but we tended to do well there in the matches I do remember except for on one occasion when we let in six.

As I said, I think 26 is perhaps the toughest one in the quiz because there is so little for you to work with - I think Carl Dale is the only player to have scored more than once for us at this ground.

As for 37, I've just looked it up and we did win at this ground on a couple of occasions, but I cannot remember us doing anything else but lose there since I've been supporting the club.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    24 is a ground that I don't have too many memories of us playing at, but we tended to do well there in the matches I do remember except for on one occasion when we let in six.

As I said, I think 26 is perhaps the toughest one in the quiz because there is so little for you to work with - I think Carl Dale is the only player to have scored more than once for us at this ground.

As for 37, I've just looked it up and we did win at this ground on a couple of occasions, but I cannot remember us doing anything else but lose there since I've been supporting the club.
    26 Feethams

26 Feethams
    No, Feethams is number two in the quiz.

Is 24 Field Mill?

37 - one desperate stab .. Bootham Crescent ?

😂. I even looked up our results there and they were awful.

Was really confident !

Back to the drawing board

Gay Meadow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It is Clapton Stadium but I don't think either of the Hills scored there, Orient moved to Lea Bridge Stadium in 1930 from what I can make out. Oddly, I don't think the third Hill, Danny, scored at Twerton Park either, Bristol Rovers were at the Memorial Ground by then.
    I'm pretty sure that's the case, Loramski. If memory serves me well, which it doesn't always, Danny Hill scored in a 1-1 draw with Roverzzz at the Memorial ground in Oct (?) '99

37 - one desperate stab .. Bootham Crescent ?
    Scarborough?

24 Fellows Park , Walsall ..

And the name for the Scarborough ground was The Athletic Ground aka McCain Stadiym

And the name for the Scarborough ground was The Athletic Ground aka McCain Stadiym
    Love it Tim, on my ‘No City Saturday’ thread you posted you having some rest & time with Mrs Mower. 11 posts on Paul’s Ground’s Question before 11am. Admit it Tim, YOU ARE at a loose end without the City, Mrs Mower frantically looking through back issues of the Rothman’s Football Yearbook & Grounds of the 1930’s 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Love it Tim, on my ‘No City Saturday’ thread you posted you having some rest & time with Mrs Mower. 11 posts on Paul’s Ground’s Question before 11am. Admit it Tim, YOU ARE at a loose end without the City, Mrs Mower frantically looking through back issues of the Rothman’s Football Yearbook & Grounds of the 1930’s 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    😂😂- honestly, I took her out last night and am also going to see the DaVince exhibition in Cardiff Museum, before going down the Bay. She’s taken the kids and her mum out this morning, so I’m having 5 minutes peace.

Can’t resist the old grounds quiz mind 😂

Scarborough?
    I don't want to spoil your fun here, it's not Scarborough though.

26 is gettable. The colour of the steps going up to the Grandstand is a clue.

37 Victoria Ground Stoke.

How old is that photo ?

How old is that photo ?
    Early 30s.

So is 26 not the old Gay Meadow Shrewsbury ?- if not We can only think of Oxford’s Manor Ground as maybe having yellow steps and lots of fields. Didn’t think we played them in Josh Low’s spell

How old is that photo ?
    Found it.
    Wow.

So is 26 not the old Gay Meadow Shrewsbury ?- if not We can only think of Oxford’s Manor Ground as maybe having yellow steps and lots of fields. Didn’t think we played them in Josh Low’s spell
    Sorry, I meant the amber steps in front.

I'm sure I saw Josh Low score a rare goal at the Manor ground. First away win of season '98/99? A 3-2 win up there I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm sure I saw Josh Low score a rare goal at the Manor ground. First away win of season '98/99? A 3-2 win up there I think?
    Winston Faerber scored a very rare (and very good) goal that day, Nugent with the other two.

Correct.

The Victoria Ground is right, but that last one has got you pulling your hair out hasn't it!