+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT sell house fast ?

OT sell house fast ?

Anyone had any experience of selling a property to one of these “we buy property for cash” companies ?

I know generally not to touch with a barge pole but might suit my situation at the moment. Anyone know how they work ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: OT sell house fast ?

I am not sure but I'd take a few hours out and read up on the internet

And get a trustworthy local solicitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Anyone had any experience of selling a property to one of these “we buy property for cash” companies ?

I know generally not to touch with a barge pole but might suit my situation at the moment. Anyone know how they work ?

Thanks in advance.
    I spoke to one of them once, when I was worried I'd lose a purchase when my sale fell through.

They basically said they take about 20% off the MV and go from there. I wasn't that desperate so left it at that.

Ok. Thanks for the info. 20% is quite a bit. Could suit my situation. I’ll look into it. Thanks.

Ok. Thanks for the info. 20% is quite a bit. Could suit my situation. I’ll look into it. Thanks.
    So basically they prey on the vulnerable....nice

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So basically they prey on the vulnerable....nice
    That's how things work nowadays. If you're at the bottom of the ladder struggling to make ends meet and relying on foodbanks, any problems mean payday lenders charging extortionate rates. The worst off have no ability to save for a rainy day. Quite often these people have a few part time jobs on the lowest wages allowed and juggle things like childcare. All so the most well off can increase their wealth disproportionately.

I'm happy to advise you on an impartial and free basis if you want to message me, I deal with this type if query in work. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's how things work nowadays. If you're at the bottom of the ladder struggling to make ends meet and relying on foodbanks, any problems mean payday lenders charging extortionate rates. The worst off have no ability to save for a rainy day. Quite often these people have a few part time jobs on the lowest wages allowed and juggle things like childcare. All so the most well off can increase their wealth disproportionately.
    Well the market is slower than ever, whether that’s just the time of year, brexit, or the shear amount of houses being built in and around Cardiff at the mo I don’t know. Even developers I know who don’t have problems selling their work are struggerling and holding on for post brexit. Hate seeing people get done by these we buy any bollox companies....

You’re probably better chucking it to auction than these companies.

Auction prices have been quite silly lately

Do some research, Rightmove is excellent for comparisons.

Worth getting some no obligation valuations from estate agents. Some have links to investors and buyers actively looking. You could get lucky, but the more effort you put in the luckier you’ll get

Where is it ? ( not offended if you don’t want to say)

Some places are massively on the up- Newport, Cwmbran, Magor and a lot of Gwent included.

Others not so good.

Bought and sold quite a few in the past few years with an eye on the long term and retirement..and every one has been a lesson !

I can go through the "backdoor" of rightmove and zoopla and give you some background info on sales and properties that haven't sold in your area if it helps you to assess the value if sold quickly. As already stated, some of these b****ards who offer to buy your house NOW stitch you up big time. Even worse, some come up with a bulll***t plan to let you stay there for period as well...which they do to try and make you think they're a benevolent bunch.

Thanks all. It’s a rental property in Bridgend. My wife and I rent it out. However as we are separating and we both want things to do through quickly , it might suit us to do it that way.

Tomcat thanks for the advice. I’ll be in touch.

Thanks all. It’s a rental property in Bridgend. My wife and I rent it out. However as we are separating and we both want things to do through quickly , it might suit us to do it that way.

We are in the process of using Springbok Properties in more or less the same situation as you. They have three purchase or selling options and will recommend which one will suit depending on circumstances. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but as the veterans of nearly 100 personal property transactions over the years, I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

The first thing to do is to serve notice to your tenants as the house is more valuable with vacant possession.

i got 3 memebers of my family in a situation just now over buying...

my daughter looking to sell and buy bigger...

niece looking to buy for the 1st time, shes in a rental

mum whos looking to downsize to a bungalow... no mortage required as shes all paid up

daughter situation is does she sell quick and lend money and buy now, some folks say prices will drop over uncertainty surrounding brexit, but interest rates are good so they are trying to balance the books

niece is 1st time buyer with 20k deposit... shes worried about buying a house and then its worth less when the price drops, for this some say to wait and buy when the price drops... as its not a flip investment she should be ok and just wait, nothing to lose

mum is trying to find a bungalow, she has £250k to spend, difficulty is does she sell now, or wait, shes old too and getting a bit forgetful shes convinced herself she will get a great deal on a property after brexit if there is a bit of a crash... but i said yeah thats great if theres a crash who is going to buy your house