+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV Drama Cleaning Up - Query (Spoiler Alert)

TV Drama Cleaning Up - Query (Spoiler Alert)

What fantastic TV and maybe I'm missing the obvious but:

In the end they bought shares at £16 each and saw it as positive when they sold at £6.

Why ??

Re: TV Drama Cleaning Up - Query (Spoiler Alert)

Terrible ending. I had no emphathy for the main character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Terrible ending. I had no emphathy for the main character at all.
    I agree. I thought there must have been more episodes planned but they ran out of funding.

Very poor ending, a series that started off with promise, got gradually worse & everything tied up in the last 25 seconds, a waste of following a series really. Don’t mind Sheridan Smith but the character she played in this was an unlikeable idiot.

My wife loved it, I thought it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

In the end they bought shares at £16 each and saw it as positive when they sold at £6.

Why ??
    They bought an option based on the share price falling, so when it fell they made money.

Pile of shite is the best i can say about it.

I thought it was a bit naff.

There were a few bits in it that annoyed me because it took us viewers as fools.

Firstly was when she found the phone. Not only did it amazingly still have charge in the battery, but there was absolutely zero security on the phone (PIN, Fingerprint, pattern etc).

Similarly, she used her personal USB stick in a company computer. If that was in real life, the USB stick would have been blocked/encrypted immediately.

Also, landlords cannot just ask a tenant to leave the property within a day or two.

On the plus side, Rod from Football Factory played the role of a creepy scumbag very well.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I thought it was a bit naff.

There were a few bits in it that annoyed me because it took us viewers as fools.

Firstly was when she found the phone. Not only did it amazingly still have charge in the battery, but there was absolutely zero security on the phone (PIN, Fingerprint, pattern etc).

Similarly, she used her personal USB stick in a company computer. If that was in real life, the USB stick would have been blocked/encrypted immediately.

Also, landlords cannot just ask a tenant to leave the property within a day or two.

On the plus side, Rod from Football Factory played the role of a creepy scumbag very well.
    Based on true events I believe.

I stopped watching when this women couldn’t work a basic excel sheet but could probably download all of MI6 encrypted codes on her usb

Yea it started off well then gradulay went down the pan ,
    I mean she just let her ex take the 50k from their daughters account without saying anything to him ,

I couldn’t work out how they made their money in the end when the shares went down , so thanks for clearing that up for me
    Soo it finished with them starting there own cleaning business just to get contracts in the city so they can carry on with what they were doing , and the money they made off the last trade she took 14k of it to pay back the loan shark

Yea alright

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Pile of shite is the best i can say about it.
    Needed cleaning up

Seems like i'm the only one who enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Why ??
    I've not seen it but are you sure they bought at 16 and sold at 6? Did they not short the shares instead?