+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Madine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Gary Madine

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Cardiff fans only hate him because of his price tag.

Now I say that falls on CCFC not Madine
    Nobody "hates" him. That's laughable. If fans were to actively dislike him for any reason though, isn't it more likely to be due to the incidents of violence off the pitch? That seems like more of a valid reason.

Fans didn't rate players like Gestede, despite being a free transfer... So the price tag argument falls apart, but again, nobody "hated" him either

For arguments sake, I don't rate Madine because his goal scoring record is well below average and he was having his first semi-decent spell of goals at Championship level (approx. 1 in 3) when we signed him.

He also seemed like a panic buy on the last day of the January window after we publicly missed out on other targets (e.g. Grabban), which didn't fill me with confidence in the reasons for signing him.

Regarding the price tag... Whatever it was, it's looking like a waste of money now, but, like Cornelius, there is no point dwelling on it. Saying that, I do find it slightly amusing when I read about his two assists contributing enough to our season to be deemed value for money by a few posters... considering Armand Traore (a left back) managed a goal and an assist for us last season in only 4 games. It's also amusing that he's now scored for the first time since January 2018 and it's suddenly "I always knew he'd come good" from a certain few.

Best of luck to him and I hope he plays well enough on loan at Sheffield United that they take a punt on him in the summer because he certainly isn't good enough for us.

Re: Gary Madine

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nobody "hates" him. That's laughable. If fans were to actively dislike him for any reason though, isn't it more likely to be due to the incidents of violence off the pitch? That seems like more of a valid reason.

Fans didn't rate players like Gestede, despite being a free transfer... So the price tag argument falls apart, but again, nobody "hated" him either

For arguments sake, I don't rate Madine because his goal scoring record is well below average and he was having his first semi-decent spell of goals at Championship level (approx. 1 in 3) when we signed him.

He also seemed like a panic buy on the last day of the January window after we publicly missed out on other targets (e.g. Grabban), which didn't fill me with confidence in the reasons for signing him.

Regarding the price tag... Whatever it was, it's looking like a waste of money now, but, like Cornelius, there is no point dwelling on it. Saying that, I do find it slightly amusing when I read about his two assists contributing enough to our season to be deemed value for money by a few posters... considering Armand Traore (a left back) managed a goal and an assist for us last season in only 4 games. It's also amusing that he's now scored for the first time since January 2018 and it's suddenly "I always knew he'd come good" from a certain few.

Best of luck to him and I hope he plays well enough on loan at Sheffield United that they take a punt on him in the summer because he certainly isn't good enough for us.
    Exactly right. Well said.

The ‘assists’ comments that people trot out is just embarrassing.

I wish him the best but he isn’t good enough for us and never has been.