+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Madine

Re: Gary Madine

I dont believe Madine was given a decent run of games to see the best of him. I like the guy and think he's a decent player. The time he was with us, he was a much better option than Zohore who did absolutely feck all at the time. Zohore in fact, until showing a flicker of doing something as a substitute in the last month, had been a waste of a squad place. The 'I'm back' quote is nice ro see, but I'm far from convinced he is. The next few weeks will confirm it obe way or another

Let's all hope and prey he keeps banging them in , and the Blades up, if so we get our money back plus a few more million , or we get a player back with confidence in front of goal (if we play him) if its the later, lets hope we make him welcome.

I admired every single player that took us up last year, with regards to Madine I've just not seen enough of him to say what he is about , hewas never allowed to develop into any time, bought in the frenzy of our January and then struggled to get into the final 25 ,my initial thought is he's at best a Championship player , but aren't a lot of our players in that mold?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No. This season we have signed better players and gone in a slightly different direction in terms of tactics, so Madine clearly didn't fit in to the overall plan. That doesnt mean he is a poor player or deserves the criticism he got in some quarters whilst here. In my opinion he is a good quality Championship level player who was unlucky with injuries last season but contributed to our promotion, so should be given more respect by people who decided before he came here he wasnt good enough, probably due to reasons other than anything related to football.
    I think he's a top end league 1 bottom end championship quality player imo nothing against him but ive seen enough of him to make my mind up about that, I wish him luck and hope he can recoup what we paid for him

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's all hope and prey he keeps banging them in , and the Blades up, if so we get our money back plus a few more million , or we get a player back with confidence in front of goal (if we play him) if its the later, lets hope we make him welcome.

I admired every single player that took us up last year, with regards to Madine I've just not seen enough of him to say what he is about , hewas never allowed to develop into any time, bought in the frenzy of our January and then struggled to get into the final 25 ,my initial thought is he's at best a Championship player , but aren't a lot of our players in that mold?
    ^^agree with all this

I'd also like to see The Blades promoted as it could well mean that Leeds will have imploded again.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How does me disagreeing with your posts on this issue stop you or anyone else from having any other opinions. Its a forum isnt it ?

In this case, you are blinded by the fact that you dont like him and never have.

It's sentences like this that make you sound like you won't allow others to have other opinions, considering I've explained why I don't rate Madine and it's nothing to do with not "liking" him. You simply read what you want to read

If Madine volleyed in a goal from 30 yards you would say that he tripped as he was about to hit it. He also didnt 'miss' his penalty against Wolves - it was saved by their goalie.

Did he score his penalty? No, he then missed it. That's how penalties work. He still hit the target but he missed the penalty. Can't believe you're going to these lengths of semantics to defend him.

Hoilett missed his. Him not scoring that penalty made absolutely no difference to our promotion as we went up anyway, even though we lost and were 9 points behind Wolves in the end. There are also just as many 'fellow fans' on here who are supportive of Madine as are against him like you are, so thats a distortion of the truth.

What?

In the Sheffield Utd game he headed the ball into Pilkingtons path for him to score in the last minute and rescue a point, so for you to say that is inconsequential is laughable. If he had misplaced his header you would be the first person to have a go at him for being inept and accuse him of costing us the game.

Except I clearly expressed the opinion that you couldn't say he cost us the game against Derby or Wolves in my last post, didn't I? So why would I say he would have cost us the game against another team? I can watch a match with a balanced opinion, which it appears that you can't. Football isn't as black and white as you seem to think it is.

He was also out injured for 6 or 7 games last season with broken ribs and a broken nose, not dropped by the manager because he was useless as you make out.

What about the other games then?

Your semi concealed dig/joke in the last sentance of your post reveals your true thoughts about the player. I happen to believe that players should be given a fair chance by fans before being written off and this clearly didnt happen in this case last season.

How does that reveal my true thoughts about the player but my clearly expressed views that I don't think he's good enough for us not reveal it. I give every player a chance when they pull on a City shirt - even Jamie f**king Ward! - but that doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on them as professional footballers and their ability. If we signed Alex Revell again now, I'd say "what the hell are we doing signing a player well below Premier League level who couldn't cut it in the Championship for us several years ago." That, to me, seems like a fair opinion - but as soon as he steps onto the pitch I'd want him to prove me wrong. I can only imagine that you would find that opinion to be not supporting the club and the manager, but neither are infallible. I give every player we sign a "fair chance" - but I don't blindly think every player we sign will end up being good enough.

Madine had enough chances to impress and I didn't see anything that made me change my opinion. I felt the Bacuna signing was another strange one and I hope that he proves me wrong, and so far he looks to be a decent option in the limited time he's been given. I hope it continues!

I also said earlier in the thread that I hope Madine does well at Sheffield United, so I can't "dislike" him as much as you're trying to make out.

He's a good player and probably worth around 5-6M. It hasn't worked out at Cardiff for him yet, he may still come into the picture.