+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Re: Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Oh, that's undoubtedly true. I reckon I'd feel very uncomfortable about the situation if I was a Cardiff City supporter.
    Doh... Then you go and prove my point with more speculation. Ugh

Re: Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Perhaps I should have said I know rather than I reckon.

Nothing like this has ever happened in the history or modern football. No football club has had to deal with a situation like this. Would any football club deal with the situation differently, we don’t know is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Nothing like this has ever happened in the history or modern football. No football club has had to deal with a situation like this. Would any football club deal with the situation differently, we don’t know is the answer.
    Agreed, we all hope the club have covered themselves with appropriate insurance etc. and that the cover is valid and all paperwork is in order I don`t want to see the club lose a huge amount of money under these tragic circumstances and they won`t if all is in place will they ?

We can`t know what`s really going on in the background but I would like to think if Warnock is saying in public "my player", he is wise enough and confident enough to say it on the back of being aware of more of the facts surrounding this situation.

You must be confusing football message boards with something else. They only exist for fans opinions, guesswork and speculation. Nothing more nothing less.
    In most cases, football message boards are only visited by a very small percentage of a clubs fanbase. The majority of our fans probably don’t know this board even exists, or if they do they are not the slightest bit interested in contributing.
    The majority just wants to watch the team play, then go home and get on with their lives.
    The only thing they’ll know about the Sala situation or any other bit of City business is what they see in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You must be confusing football message boards with something else. They only exist for fans opinions, guesswork and speculation. Nothing more nothing less.
    In most cases, football message boards are only visited by a very small percentage of a clubs fanbase. The majority of our fans probably don’t know this board even exists, or if they do they are not the slightest bit interested in contributing.
    The majority just wants to watch the team play, then go home and get on with their lives.
    The only thing they’ll know about the Sala situation or any other bit of City business is what they see in the news.
    You missed the irony... too subtle I guess

You missed the irony... too subtle I guess
    So did you 😎

Perhaps I should have said I know rather than I reckon.
    Perhaps???? You can’t even make your own mind up about the things you write 😂😂😂

Be decisive

That's your opinion. I'm sure plenty would disagree.

From the BBC report of yesterday's funeral: Warnock said "He's my player. He signed for me."

Comments like those and the public claims from the Chairman that the club will be "honourable" with Nantes seem almost crass considering what's going on in the background.

I suspect your view of this situation would be very different if you were a Nantes supporter, although I doubt you'll acknowledge as much.
    My view wouldn’t be any different because i don’t let bias affect my opinions on the club. I think the club for once have handled the human side of this perfect.

You cannot blame a business for wanting to make everything is correct before giving away £15 million.

This is getting farcical.

Potentially turning any goodwill we had against us.

I know it's a business but for me a football club is far more than that, there's an emotional attachment that people have to it and as such it isn't unreasonable to do things differently than some faceless corporation would.

I reckon they should stop talking publicly about it for starters.
    I don’t think anyone would disagree with that everything should be done behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don’t think anyone would disagree with that everything should be done behind closed doors
    It usually is done behind closed doors, but there’s always a rat that leaks things to the press.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It usually is done behind closed doors, but there’s always a rat that leaks things to the press.
    If a question is asked and thif club refuse to answer then the story will be skewed against them.

They can’t win.

Especially when many people can’t wait for them to fail and are happy to make a judgement on an unprecedented issue without even a fraction of the relevant information to hand.

It’ll get sorted one way or another in time, and by people far better informed and qualified to make judgements than any of us on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    If a question is asked and thif club refuse to answer then the story will be skewed against them.

They can’t win.

Especially when many people can’t wait for them to fail and are happy to make a judgement on an unprecedented issue without even a fraction of the relevant information to hand.

It’ll get sorted one way or another in time, and by people far better informed and qualified to make judgements than any of us on here.

At the end of the day the crucial question is......Did the Premier League register him as a player?. If NOT, then there is no fee to pay. IF YES....agents involvement, talking up the transfer fee, the agents chartering the plane etc is irrelevent.....CCFS have to pay. I suspiect that the club had not yet placed him under an insurance policy.....Q did Nantes still have him insured?? If so whether he had left the club is also irrelvent.....one can insure anyone until cancelled.

MY take on this is that the cost should be split 50/50 with Nantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    F

I suspect your view of the situation would be very different if you were a Cardiff City supporter, although I doubt you’d acknowledge as much.
    Good one! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why do you say that? The Daily Mail's sports coverage is excellent with journalists such as Jeff Powell, Neil Ashton, Matt Lawton, Ian Ladyman and Rob Draper.
    Yes politics aside its sports coverage and quality has always been very good ,they done nice TV supplement as well on a Saturday ,which I usually steal from pubs or coffee shops as I cant ring myself to buy it .

Strangely the Mirror ran this report , with the mailonline link embedded within the Mirrors article .

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    At the end of the day the crucial question is......Did the Premier League register him as a player?. If NOT, then there is no fee to pay.
    This board gets weirder by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    At the end of the day the crucial question is......Did the Premier League register him as a player?. If NOT, then there is no fee to pay.
    That's incorrect. Clubs can own players that haven't been registered. It happened this season when a club (possibly Leicester) bought a player and failed to get him registered prior to the deadline meaning the club owned a player who couldn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Glad you are ok

someone asked where you were after the Southampton game as you never posted on here
    😂😂😂👍

City looking to sue Willie McKay as well it seems.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...nsfer-fee.html

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Is he not bankrupt, no money there!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Is he not bankrupt, no money there!
    Bankruptcy doesn’t mean he’s got no money

They'll get nowhere with that....remember the phrase 'BUYER BEWARE'

Shooting the messenger doesn't work in this case though because, according to the report, City have confirmed that the letters referred to have been sent out.

I've tried not to comment much on the growing financial dispute regarding the Sala transfer fee because I don't know enough about it, but the club announced the completion of the deal on 19 January (the day of the Newcastle game, more than forty eight hours before the plane went missing)

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...is-a-bluebird/

and were, seemingly, not too bothered about the activities of agents etc. at that time. It's tempting to think that it's solely what happened on 21 January that is behind this reluctance now to come up with a payment that, it appears, is due to Nantes under the terms of the contract signed on the 19th. However, based on previous experience of Vincent Tan, I wouldn't rule out him resorting to legal action if Emiliano was playing for us now and the story about invented interest from other clubs had, say, broken today.

To my, admittedly, limited legal knowledge though, a contract agreed to and signed by all parties would take priority over any arguments about how the terms of said contract were arrived at wouldn't it? There might be a feeling that City had been fleeced, but. legally, wouldn't they just be told that they hadn't carried out their due diligence procedure well enough?
    Surely a contract is agreed on the basis of truth? If the agent has misrepresented the facts, then it may be that the contract is invalid.