+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Re: Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Daily scum.

Re: Help us avoid Emiliano Sala payment: Cardiff seek Premier League clubs' advice on escaping £15m transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Daily scum.
    Shooting the messenger doesn't work in this case though because, according to the report, City have confirmed that the letters referred to have been sent out.

I've tried not to comment much on the growing financial dispute regarding the Sala transfer fee because I don't know enough about it, but the club announced the completion of the deal on 19 January (the day of the Newcastle game, more than forty eight hours before the plane went missing)

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...is-a-bluebird/

and were, seemingly, not too bothered about the activities of agents etc. at that time. It's tempting to think that it's solely what happened on 21 January that is behind this reluctance now to come up with a payment that, it appears, is due to Nantes under the terms of the contract signed on the 19th. However, based on previous experience of Vincent Tan, I wouldn't rule out him resorting to legal action if Emiliano was playing for us now and the story about invented interest from other clubs had, say, broken today.

To my, admittedly, limited legal knowledge though, a contract agreed to and signed by all parties would take priority over any arguments about how the terms of said contract were arrived at wouldn't it? There might be a feeling that City had been fleeced, but. legally, wouldn't they just be told that they hadn't carried out their due diligence procedure well enough?

Daily scum.
    Why do you say that? The Daily Mail's sports coverage is excellent with journalists such as Jeff Powell, Neil Ashton, Matt Lawton, Ian Ladyman and Rob Draper.

The big issue here could be the link between the agent and the flight. At the end of the day the agent, who receives a large cut of the fee, booked the flight on a 34 year old single engined plane known to be challenging to handle, particularly in cold windy conditions. The flight was arranged at night and then the regular experienced pilot switched to a pilot inexperienced for this type of flight and without the necessary commercial licence.
    I feel the club is fully justified in scrutinising these circumstances prior to parting with that amount of money, a significant chunk of which will go to the agent who potentially is liable .
    Also was the agent working for Cardiff, Nantes or totally independent?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shooting the messenger doesn't work in this case though because, according to the report, City have confirmed that the letters referred to have been sent out.

I've tried not to comment much on the growing financial dispute regarding the Sala transfer fee because I don't know enough about it, but the club announced the completion of the deal on 19 January (the day of the Newcastle game, more than forty eight hours before the plane went missing)

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...is-a-bluebird/

and were, seemingly, not too bothered about the activities of agents etc. at that time. It's tempting to think that it's solely what happened on 21 January that is behind this reluctance now to come up with a payment that, it appears, is due to Nantes under the terms of the contract signed on the 19th. However, based on previous experience of Vincent Tan, I wouldn't rule out him resorting to legal action if Emiliano was playing for us now and the story about invented interest from other clubs had, say, broken today.

To my, admittedly, limited legal knowledge though, a contract agreed to and signed by all parties would take priority over any arguments about how the terms of said contract were arrived at wouldn't it? There might be a feeling that City had been fleeced, but. legally, wouldn't they just be told that they hadn't carried out their due diligence procedure well enough?
    If there are insurers involved then City are legally obliged to mitigate their loss.

This is probably going to rumble on for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why do you say that? The Daily Mail's sports coverage is excellent with journalists such as Jeff Powell, Neil Ashton, Matt Lawton, Ian Ladyman and Rob Draper.
    It's not exclusively a sporting matter though. It's all contract law now, which happens to be in relation to a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by aclem View Post
    The big issue here could be the link between the agent and the flight. At the end of the day the agent, who receives a large cut of the fee, booked the flight on a 34 year old single engined plane known to be challenging to handle, particularly in cold windy conditions. The flight was arranged at night and then the regular experienced pilot switched to a pilot inexperienced for this type of flight and without the necessary commercial licence.
    I feel the club is fully justified in scrutinising these circumstances prior to parting with that amount of money, a significant chunk of which will go to the agent who potentially is liable .
    Also was the agent working for Cardiff, Nantes or totally independent?
    Sunday Telegraph Sport says Cardiff may sue Nantes for negligence if Sala was flown to his death by a pilot who did not have the correct licence. They also believe that liabilty could extend to Willie and Mark McKay who were working for Nantes.

More than one source told the paper that the four man transfer committee was split over buying the striker.

If the transfer was complete then City should pay up and claim from their insurance company (are they kicking up a stink?). City should then sue for negligence (whoever was ultilmately responsible) regarding the transport arrangements if they were not above board.

The powers that be should also be investigating the MacKays as someone who was clearly banned as an agent was involved in this and ,as they claim, many other transfers.

If there's reason to believe Cardiff have a case then its fair enough that they explore it. Every club would do it

Cardiff City manager: "He was my player."

Cardiff City fans: "Emiliano is a Bluebird, always in our hearts."

Cardiff City FC: "We're not going to pay for him if we can avoid it."

It's all a bit farcical, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Glad you are ok

someone asked where you were after the Southampton game as you never posted on here

I really don’t think it is, this a business who are discussing an asset worth £15 million. People need to stop associating the human side of this to the business side.

It’s an unfortunate situation but these things have to be handled professionally on one side and on an emotional side also.

Trouble is aren't the Mckays all bankrupt? So where do city go from here?

Daily scum.
    In fairness the sport part of the mail is completely separate from the news part and their agendas.

There is a certain dichotomy about it Dave.

However the problem might be that their insurance company would kick up a fuss things weren't done properly and may require City to make their best efforts to mitigate their losses. Possibly not much City can say for commercial confidence reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness the sport part of the mail is completely separate from the news part and their agendas.
    And the Mail seems to have changed a bit since Paul Dacre handed over the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And the Mail seems to have changed a bit since Paul Dacre handed over the reins.
    Their sports coverage is definitely more balanced than news found on the front pages.

What do you suggest the club do? Just pay up and take no legal advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I really don’t think it is....
    That's your opinion. I'm sure plenty would disagree.

From the BBC report of yesterday's funeral: Warnock said "He's my player. He signed for me."

Comments like those and the public claims from the Chairman that the club will be "honourable" with Nantes seem almost crass considering what's going on in the background.

I suspect your view of this situation would be very different if you were a Nantes supporter, although I doubt you'll acknowledge as much.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What do you suggest the club do? Just pay up and take no legal advice?
    I reckon they should stop talking publicly about it for starters.

F
    That's your opinion. I'm sure plenty would disagree.

From the BBC report of yesterday's funeral: Warnock said "He's my player. He signed for me."

Comments like those and the public claims from the Chairman that the club will be "honourable" with Nantes seem almost crass considering what's going on in the background.

I suspect your view of this situation would be very different if you were a Nantes supporter, although I doubt you'll acknowledge as much.
    I suspect your view of the situation would be very different if you were a Cardiff City supporter, although I doubt you’d acknowledge as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    F

I suspect your view of the situation would be very different if you were a Cardiff City supporter, although I doubt you’d acknowledge as much.
    He is when it suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Oh, that's undoubtedly true. I reckon I'd feel very uncomfortable about the situation if I was a Cardiff City supporter.

I reckon they should stop talking publicly about it for starters.
    Agreed. Look what happens even on this messageboard as a result. Speculation countered with speculation