+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City appear to believe they may have grounds to avoid some or all of Sala's fee...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City appear to believe they may have grounds to avoid some or all of Sala's fee...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But Cardiff had nothing to do with the arrangements. the flight they offered was turned down.

Is anyone really in any doubt that whoever was in front that this had Willie McKay's fingerprints all over it.
    And whatever the findings may or may not be, does anyone believe that this pilot with £26,000 of CCJ's, 3 overdue, was doing the flight for his flying hours and not for some financial reward?
    As I understand it from other "ITK" people posting on here, and from articles linked, a private pilot can only carry passengers who help with the cost of the flight, if the flight was already arranged for another purpose and they. cadged a lift In that case someone will need to demonstrate and prove that Mr Ibbitson was flying to Nantes himself that weekend anyway. If that is the case how was he intending to pay for the flight?
    and if the investigation becomes criminal or there is a privately funded investigation backed by the courts, what will his bank accounts show, not just about that flight but about others in the past.
    All these are merely questions I would expect investigators to ask of course.
    Yeah and the text from Jack McKay said clearly his dad was organising the flight? I just wondered how it may work legally with willie not being ‘officially’ involved in any of this.

However while I accept the hierarchy of the club had apparently offered a commercial flight I just hope that it seems salas only contact about any of this was with a Cardiff city professional- that that doesn’t come back to the club at all. On that note do we know if Cardiff knew about salas flight arrangements on that night? I guess so? And if they did I guess Nantes could say that’s almost approval as they didn’t try and stop it? Rather a registered professional was actually organising it directly with sala.

This will run and run I guess won’t it.

Re: City appear to believe they may have grounds to avoid some or all of Sala's fee...

If the agent had any care for his client then he would have said this arrangement was inappropriate and Sala would have to take option of leaving Nantes earlier than he perhaps wanted to. There is another thread about a Sala memorial cup between the two sides to forge a closer relationship but that would seem unlikely if it's going to come down to a squabble over who was liable for lack of care shown.