+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea v Brentford

Re: Swansea v Brentford

Less than 10,000 jacks there too I see, that will be the norm next season I’d imagine after what will go on down there this summer. The circle is surely going to complete

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Less than 10,000 jacks there too I see, that will be the norm next season I’d imagine after what will go on down there this summer. The circle is surely going to complete
    Yeah I thought there looked like a lot of empty seats

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    They also should have been a couple more up before half time. They picked Swansea’s defence apart and seemed to get carelessly caught offside time and time again.

Once, when he only had to tap it over th line

Similar to when they played us here. They must be so frustrating to support
    I thought that, they look like a handful when attacking but seem very fragile at the back with a tendency to over play. Don't they have an owner who has a unique outlook on how the game should be played and he doesn't believe in having a manager-or am i getting mixed up? They've certainly made progress and they have a new ground on the way although i quite liked griffin park.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I thought that, they look like a handful when attacking but seem very fragile at the back with a tendency to over play. Don't they have an owner who has a unique outlook on how the game should be played and he doesn't believe in having a manager-or am i getting mixed up? They've certainly made progress and they have a new ground on the way although i quite liked griffin park.
    They progressed quite well under Dean Smith and were consistently upper mid table (9-10) with a playoff position as well (6). However they’re not doing so well this season under their new manager.
    It must be difficult for them as they have to consistently sell their best players; it’s unlikely Maupay will be there next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think it’s something like that.
    They have a Head coach and a continental type set up.

They seem to play to the same sort of system as well.
    At times they are awesome, but as we proved adt year they are also extremely fragile when you get into them

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think it’s something like that.
    They have a Head coach and a continental type set up.

They seem to play to the same sort of system as well.
    At times they are awesome, but as we proved adt year they are also extremely fragile when you get into them
    That game at Griffin Park last season was one of the biggest ‘cave ins’ I’ve witnessed. They blinded us for the first 10/15 minutes, then we got stuck into ‘em, roughed them up a bit & they folded like a deck chair. Wouldn’t have shocked me to see a white flag being waved, they f*cking melted.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That game at Griffin Park last season was one of the biggest ‘cave ins’ I’ve witnessed. They blinded us for the first 10/15 minutes, then we got stuck into ‘em, roughed them up a bit & they folded like a deck chair. Wouldn’t have shocked me to see a white flag being waved, they f*cking melted.
    Was a great night though.
    I love the Upper Tier there, right over the penalty box.

And getting the updates of Villa ( who were close behind us at the time I think) losing at home to QPR.

Brilliant and a massive step towards promotion glory

Swansea will destroy Man City in the next round .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Swansea will destroy Man City in the next round .
    Ah bless them, trying to protest against the hedge fund owners, now the ones that stayed away will be chomping at the bit to get a ticket to line their Yankee pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ah bless them, trying to protest against the hedge fund owners, now the ones that stayed away will be chomping at the bit to get a ticket to line their Yankee pockets.
    Either that or they might think a feck it, we are gonna get mullered so I'll watch it on the box instead.

No doubt all eyes will be on Dan James. Let's see how he copes against one of the best defences around.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Either that or they might think a feck it, we are gonna get mullered so I'll watch it on the box instead.

No doubt all eyes will be on Dan James. Let's see how he copes against one of the best defences around.
    It would be hilarious if we pinched him, like a kind of farewell gift as it could be a while before we are on a level playing field with them again. They will get relegated next season

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Potentially some interesting ties in the next round:

Man City v Man United
    Brighton v Palace
    Millwall v Watford
    Swansea v Wolves
    Sorry chaps, I'll take blame for dull draw made. Not until Man City v Man United/Wolves in the final do we get an interesting match-up to talk about.