+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City players who have polarised opinion

City players who have polarised opinion

It is interesting to see the arguments start again about whether Gary Madine is any good or not, now that he has finally scored a goal, except not for us, but someone else.

He seems to really polarise opinion in the Cardiff City fanbase rather like Richard Langley did when he played for us, as did Mats Moller Daehli.

My Dad never liked Doug Livermore and yet I suspect that he was a pretty steady player for us.

Who else should be on the list?

Re: City players who have polarised opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It is interesting to see the arguments start again about whether Gary Madine is any good or not, now that he has finally scored a goal, except not for us, but someone else.

He seems to really polarise opinion in the Cardiff City fanbase rather like Richard Langley did when he played for us, as did Mats Moller Daehli.

My Dad never liked Doug Livermore and yet I suspect that he was a pretty steady player for us.

Josh Low got blamed for everything

Peter Whittingham, at both the start and end of his City career, polarised opinions. In between, one of the greatest City legends ever.

Does Madine really Polarise opinion? I imagine that opinions range from “total shite, waste of money” to “might not be as shite as everyone thinks and not really given a chance. But proabaly still a waste of money”. Langley did polarise opinion because he played loads of game and people still couldn’t agree whether he was good or crap.

Joe Ledley.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    Josh Low got blamed for everything
    LOL - I always quite liked him.

McPhail and Kavanagh.

Or McFail and Crab-anagh as many called em.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    McPhail and Kavanagh.

Or McFail and Crab-anagh as many called em.

Really?

I think that Kav is considered a bit of a 'legend' by most City fans.

And McPhail did a good job too - a really nice footballer, if not the quickest or most energetic :-( .

(us discussing this is the very definition of polarising opinion! ;-) )

Josh Low had speed, but his crossing was pretty crap. From his crosses the ball always seemed to end up in Row Z of the Canton Stand, or on the concrete terracing of the Grange End

Definitely mcphail, Langley, bothroyd at times
    McCormack?

Heisenberg

The 2018/19 Cardiff City squad. Not even joking.

Like your dad , I though Doug was cracking footballer

McPhail and Whitt's stand out for me always picked up the moaners , had a few stand up rows in the crowd about them too .

How about the magical Alan Lee , lad liked a pint as well , allegedly shot form the Bob Bank touch line once and scored , well did from where I was sat , lol

Was in the Division 3 team of the season when we went up in 2000/01.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    McPhail and Whitt's stand out for me always picked up the moaners , had a few stand up rows in the crowd about them too .

How about the magical Alan Lee , lad liked a pint as well , allegedly shot form the Bob Bank touch line once and scored , well did from where I was sat , lol
    Would be a much smaller thread if you asked which players hadn’t

John Toshack even though Shankley rated him many fans at that time didnt

I sat by a guy through the Kav years who thought he was crap

I think an XI of opinion polarisers would absolutely batter an XI of inexplicably loved players

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think an XI of opinion polarisers would absolutely batter an XI of inexplicably loved players
    Yes, this is a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Wasn't that game on TV (Derby maybe?) as I'm sure that I remember that?

And then he turned out to be rubbish. :-(

Eddie Johnson would be captain of the inexplicably loved players.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Eddie Johnson would be captain of the inexplicably loved players.
    Schwinkendorf would be in there somewhere too.

I think it’s easier to list the players that didn’t divide as there’s a lot of criticism for most of our players, now and in previous years

Cameron Toshack

Correct

I seem to recall Hudson dividing opinion and a target for the boo boys because he was keeping Darcy Blake our of the team