+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City players who have polarised opinion

Re: City players who have polarised opinion

Steven Caulker. Have to say I rated him but I know quite a few who thought his positioning and reading of the game was awful.

Manga. Lots of people rate him whereas I think that he is appalling. Possibly the worst passer of the ball in the Premier League.

Neil Alexander. I thought he was excellent & made "that save" as Trashton Gate. Others had a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Manga. Lots of people rate him whereas I think that he is appalling. Possibly the worst passer of the ball in the Premier League.
    Hes not even the worse passer of the ball in our defence.

Aron Gunnarsson

Nigel Vaughan upset a few back in the day, scored a last minute winner against the Jacks and still had half the Bob Bank booing him.

Rhys Weston

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Wasn't that game on TV (Derby maybe?) as I'm sure that I remember that?

And then he turned out to be rubbish. :-(
    Yes 5-2 I think , mad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Rhys Weston
    Old half a sock , bloody cruel not letting im have a full length pair , 7 caps for Wales as well .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hes not even the worse passer of the ball in our defence.

Derek Showers
    ( I think that's the 6th time I've posted his name on various posts like this )

McPhail used to get murder on here, I always liked him though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    McPhail used to get murder on here, I always liked him though
    God what I'd give for some of his through balls , into the feet of strikers runs in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Derek Showers
    ( I think that's the 6th time I've posted his name on various posts like this )
    Yes!

But he was rubbish really.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    Nigel Vaughan upset a few back in the day, scored a last minute winner against the Jacks and still had half the Bob Bank booing him.
    Good one.

I’d agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Josh Low had speed, but his crossing was pretty crap. From his crosses the ball always seemed to end up in Row Z of the Canton Stand, or on the concrete terracing of the Grange End
    My mind must be bad, row Z in the Canton Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    My mind must be bad, row Z in the Canton Stand?
    Lol I was exaggerating a wee tad! Josh Low frustrated the feck outta me, because his crossing was so bad!

Fabio - 100% trier yes, but imo one of the worst footballers ive seen in our defence for years.

Couldn't pass, head, cross a ball, positionally awful and questionable temperament but because he ran headlong into tackles a lot of people loved him. Many didn't, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    McPhail and Kavanagh.

Or McFail and Crab-anagh as many called em.
    Mcphail was so underrated chops wouldn’t have scored so many without him, Langley was awesome but some city fans just want grafters. I sat in the last row in the bottom of the grandstand with the dugout to my right with 2 old ####ers in front of me who shouted all game to lump it up there which seemed to be the general consensus of a lot of city fans

McPhail must be the ultimate polariser. Some fans despised him (the red cards probably didn't help).

He was probably ahead of his time. Five years later and his style might have been more appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Really?

I think that Kav is considered a bit of a 'legend' by most City fans.

And McPhail did a good job too - a really nice footballer, if not the quickest or most energetic :-( .

(us discussing this is the very definition of polarising opinion! ;-) )
    I remember Kavanagh getting subbed during one home game and an ironic cheer went up around the ground (well, the Bob-Bank at least!). He had a consistent string of ineffectual games for and us and fans were questioning what he had to do to get dropped.

Overall, Kavanagh did well for us (good dead-ball delivery) but I think his stock went up AFTER he left us, when it was reported he had sat in the dressing room in tears because he didn't want to leave us but was told he HAD to be sold to help the club's precarious financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I remember Kavanagh getting subbed during one home game and an ironic cheer went up around the ground (well, the Bob-Bank at least!). He had a consistent string of ineffectual games for and us and fans were questioning what he had to do to get dropped.

Overall, Kavanagh did well for us (good dead-ball delivery) but I think his stock went up AFTER he left us, when it was reported he had sat in the dressing room in tears because he didn't want to leave us but was told he HAD to be sold to help the club's precarious financial situation.
    Personally I think that stoke game really hurt him he was unbelievable that season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Lol I was exaggerating a wee tad! Josh Low frustrated the feck outta me, because his crossing was so bad!
    Wasn't row Z in the Canton Stand down the bottom (it was in the seventies anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Neil Alexander. I thought he was excellent & made "that save" as Trashton Gate. Others had a different opinion.
    Shit out of that tackle with Roberts

FABIO - Christ what a terrible footballer - but he shouts at the crowd and has ''PASHUN'' so many think he's what we need. Worst left back we've had at the new stadium apart from Naylor. Oh, and Kennedy was pretty crap too