+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the Tories in meltdown, Labour manages to make them look organised!!

With the Tories in meltdown, Labour manages to make them look organised!!

If the breakaway brigade is to form about the centre then it's good news IMO, extreme left, extreme right, many voters left with very little to align with, I'd be quite happy to come in from the cold to a centre Labour brigade, that said and as suggested by the deputy, they were elected on a labour ticket and thus should call a by-election only then would we see any trend, I would guess that we will see this outfit going the same way as the SDP, maybe a few more will join them possibly even a few Tories, interesting week or so ahead, maybe!!!

Re: With the Tories in meltdown, Labour manages to make them look organised!!

A lot of nice folk have had enough of both the old politics .

As I see it they are brave to do what they have albeit very risky , as I should imagine it's being celebrated in both the bowels of the Tory party and within the Momentum movement , bigger long term agendas are at play .

It's a pity that the far left who are so dissatisfied with Labour just didn't man up, and form it's own party , rather than highjack a safe haven funded party . It will be of interest who funds it from now on as the ordinary members may not fancy a big hyke in fees, as private finances retreat.

Same goes for the right of the Tories, why don't they decamp to a right wing UKIP party and see how that works out , instead of causing mayhem from within .

That would leave the voters with a clear choice instead of a muddled two parties .

Two party politics has to be taken down for the sake of this countries future .

I would be interested in who is funding this bunch. They are quacking like a political party but they arent registered as one so we don't need to know apparently.

If everyone wants centre ground politics why did a record percentage vote for Corbyn's labour and May's conservatives at the last election?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    If everyone wants centre ground politics why did a record percentage vote for Corbyn's labour and May's conservatives at the last election?
    Who said everyone ?

The "uniparty" always help each other, and it's fairly obvious that this move is all about Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Who said everyone ?
    You, basically. In the OP you identify the 'extreme left', 'extreme right' and the many voters in between. The results of the last election don't support this.

From my experience the same people who were, 5 years ago, saying 'they are all the same' are now concerned that they aren't the same enough lol.

You, basically. In the OP you identify the 'extreme left', 'extreme right' and the many voters in between. The results of the last election don't support this.

From my experience the same people who were, 5 years ago, saying 'they are all the same' are now concerned that they aren't the same enough lol.
    So i didn't say everyone then, glad We established that.

68.7% voted so a few didn't.
    Were they disillusioned with same old perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Less disillusioned than the previous 4 elections which had lower turnouts

I never said you did lol

I used the word "many" quite deliberately, and it worked!!!
    but to answer your question, it is my own opinion that many are disillusioned with the same old, I'm ex Red, but have basically given up with the two parties as un-electable, I would certainly be interested in a new party that is focussed towards the centre, UK politics I believe to be stale, it wasn't that long ago that Chuka was being touted for the Labour Job, if this new mob does set-up as a party, they cannot expect too much too soon IMO, and must be prepared for a long haul to awaken those who have just about said f@ck it to the two party system, the SDP failed despite having a few heavyweights when starting out, I wouldn't consider any of the gang of 7 to be a political heavyweight, but perhaps it could work in their favour as not being too heavily entrenched in the same old club. The Brucie bonus is that it might shift the continual Brexit Brexit narrative for a day or three.

Less disillusioned than the previous 4 elections which had lower turnouts
    That's true, and lower than Brexit, there's a message in there somewhere, it might be folk are fed up and wanted to punish anyone they could .

A centerist party is a good idea, the trouble is Blair and Osborne want to join forces and pull the strings. It will only work if a new party is formed at the grassroots level. The trouble with politics is not the system, it's the people running it.

"Obfuscate" is one of those words that I'd really struggle to define if asked to - probably the best thing I could do is direct the person asking to Jeremy Corbyn's attitude towards Brexit and Antisemitism in the party he leads. In fact, I'd widen that to say the Labour party as a whole when it comes to Antisemitism, because all I heard yesterday was people from Labour queuing up to say how horrible it is and yet if you asked the ordinary man and woman in the street what they have done to fight it in the past couple of years despite all of the bad publicity it has brought the party, I think the answers you would get would, almost entirely, range from "nothing" to "I don't know".

I respect the seven who have left the party, but I do think that they should stand for re-election in the way I believe Douglas Carswell did a few years ago when he left the Conservative party for UKIP - I thought they all sounded weak and like current Labour or Conservative MPs when they tried to explain why they would not be doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Obfuscate" is one of those words that I'd really struggle to define if asked to - probably the best thing I could do is direct the person asking to Jeremy Corbyn's attitude towards Brexit and Antisemitism in the party he leads. In fact, I'd widen that to say the Labour party as a whole when it comes to Antisemitism, because all I heard yesterday was people from Labour queuing up to say how horrible it is and yet if you asked the ordinary man and woman in the street what they have done to fight it in the past couple of years despite all of the bad publicity it has brought the party, I think the answers you would get would, almost entirely, range from "nothing" to "I don't know".

I respect the seven who have left the party, but I do think that they should stand for re-election in the way I believe Douglas Carswell did a few years ago when he left the Conservative party for UKIP - I thought they all sounded weak and like current Labour or Conservative MPs when they tried to explain why they would not be doing so.
    Yes they should force by elections I'd love to see the public reaction to where they now sit ,as these are remainers and anti far left , it would provide a pro or anti Corbyn test and one that would send a message .

Yes they should force by elections I'd love to see the public reaction to where they now sit ,as these are remainers and anti far left , it would provide a pro or anti Corbyn test and one that would send a message .

Interesting that it was only women who jumped ship from the Tories today.

Interesting that it was only women who jumped ship from the Tories today.
    Perhaps the women have more balls than the men.

As I see it both parties have gutless left and right sections, who are not brave enough to declare an independence, they use the safety crouch of the Tory and Labour parties, and its finances and base , to disrupt from within to establish its power.

Gutless

Perhaps the women have more balls than the men.

As I see it both parties have gutless left and right sections, who are not brave enough to declare an independence, they use the safety crouch of the Tory and Labour parties, and its finances and base , to disrupt from within to establish its power.

Gutless
    You realise this is 100% about brexit and has absolutely nothing to do with 'centre left' and 'centre right' politics uniting?

You realise this is 100% about brexit and has absolutely nothing to do with 'centre left' and 'centre right' politics uniting?

I'm not going to argue with your point of view , however my humble view is this is not 100% about Brexit .

You would have to assume all those Labour MP's who broke away were lying as they sited the many reasons and experiences for being unhappy with the deputy leader of the party also siting the fact the party has to change .
    The original post was entitled ("with the Tories in meltdown, Labour manages to make them look organised!! )

Brexit is simply the convenient vehicle for this moment to happen ,which has flushed out bitterness ,hatred , bullying , worrying agendas , from both sides of the parties.

The part that has shocked me are the appalling mutterings via social media that we have read over the last few years

I suggest you reference point the speeches in more detail.

I'm not going to argue with your point of view , however my humble view is this is not 100% about Brexit .

You would have to assume all those Labour MP's who broke away were lying as they sited the many reasons and experiences for being unhappy with the deputy leader of the party also siting the fact the party has to change .
    The original post was entitled ("with the Tories in meltdown, Labour manages to make them look organised!! )

Brexit is simply the convenient vehicle for this moment to happen ,which has flushed out bitterness ,hatred , bullying , worrying agendas , from both sides of the parties.

The part that has shocked me are the appalling mutterings via social media that we have read over the last few years

I suggest you reference point the speeches in more detail.
    Was just watching a piece on the news about pip, how these labour MPs can stomach working with a bunch of people who helped push these disastrous changes through I really don't know.

I think soubry said yesterday that the government under Cameron and osborne was caring new conservatism and since then it has gone wrong. I just couldn't disagree more and neither could the tens of thousands of people who booed Osborne at the Olympics. TIG are rewriting history to make them all the good guys and it might actually work.

Oh it's a bit too true to even laugh at

https://youtu.be/-O2NsPioKBs

Was just watching a piece on the news about pip, how these labour MPs can stomach working with a bunch of people who helped push these disastrous changes through I really don't know.

I think soubry said yesterday that the government under Cameron and osborne was caring new conservatism and since then it has gone wrong. I just couldn't disagree more and neither could the tens of thousands of people who booed Osborne at the Olympics. TIG are rewriting history to make them all the good guys and it might actually work.
    It's difficult to imagine how the new group can survive as a meaningful entity in the long term. The SDP had a lot more going for it than this group - and their member on last night's Question Time was embarrassingly inept. Couldn't even grasp the concept of standing for a by-election under his new banner. I am all for a centre party and it is unfortunate that the Lib Dems have almost disappeared without trace while the two main parties are tearing themselves apart - but this new entity seems a bit of a motley bunch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's difficult to imagine how the new group can survive as a meaningful entity in the long term. The SDP had a lot more going for it than this group - and their member on last night's Question Time was embarrassingly inept. Couldn't even grasp the concept of standing for a by-election under his new banner. I am all for a centre party and it is unfortunate that the Lib Dems have almost disappeared without trace while the two main parties are tearing themselves apart - but this new entity seems a bit of a motley bunch so far.
    They are only in the limelight to botch Brexit, and then they will all sail off into the sunset and have annual reunions, where they can talk about the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They are only in the limelight to botch Brexit, and then they will all sail off into the sunset and have annual reunions, where they can talk about the old days.
    I know a few folk who impasionatly don't want Brexit, as they think it's the end of the world , they also now hate the 7 who dare to leave the Labour , party because of the parties lack of commitment to staying in Europe.

The same folk like JC views ??

Sums up the very blinkered one eyed political views, and lack of flexible thought .