+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cardiff are trying to throw me under bus" - Willie McKay"...Telegraph report

Re: "Cardiff are trying to throw me under bus" - Willie McKay"...Telegraph report

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Fair enough, I hadn't seen that quoted anywhere. I'm trying to wait for the report to come out rather than speculate, but I will take your word for it.

Totally agree with you on McKay and Henderson, there has to be some complicity there.
    I would never put speculation into the mix, I can only publish facts that I have had checked by authorities as to do otherwise would taint the full investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool

Re: "Cardiff are trying to throw me under bus" - Willie McKay"...Telegraph report
    where does the AAIB report get published - is it public or private?
    The AAIB is available to the public when published...... I will post the link of the updates so far https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...ircraft-n264db I will post the official report when released on here.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton
    You appear to be in a privileged position. Your insight is thought provoking but I’d be cautious with the language
    Yes, I am in a very privileged position closely attached to Aviation, my insight is not just thought provoking, it is full of facts that will change the public perception of the organisers and most likely the deceased pilot when the official report comes to light.

I am just concerned that when the public release occurs the backlash on the Ibbotson family will be soul destroying & very costly, their losses have only just begun.
    I very much doubt that Cardiff City FC will show any compassion after the report & I would think that the way CCFC are towards Nantes over the transfer fee will be chicken feed compared to the actions towards the pilot's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I am in a very privileged position closely attached to Aviation, my insight is not just thought provoking, it is full of facts that will change the public perception of the organisers and most likely the deceased pilot when the official report comes to light.

Listen to him.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Listen to him.....
    Not a very helpful response but your superior attitude is not helpful to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Not a very helpful response but your superior attitude is not helpful to anyone.
    Do you mind? My insight is not just thought-provoking, but it is full of facts.

Wasn't it stated somewhere right at the beginning that Henderson had checked through security at Nantes to fly the plane? This might be a figment of my imagination so don't take this as fact.
    This is the article:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...in-unanswered/

The relevant piece states:

Was a second pilot due to be on the plane?

On Monday night, three people passed security checks at the Nantes-Atlantique airport. All three individuals were on the tarmac together. Only one pilot boarded the plane, Dave Ibbotson, who was not initially due to be on the plane. The third man, who was registered to be on the plane, is understood to have been Dave Henderson, a very experienced pilot, who did not get on the flight.

I think this matter has now been more or less resolved by the fact that only 2 were on board as it now appears Henderson was nowhere near the flight on the night in question.

Willie McKay employed Dave Henderson to arrange the flights for Sala...Dave Henderson is regarded as an aviation expert & known to be closely linked to both Willie McKay & the aircraft used.
    Dave Henderson was fully aware that David Ibbotson was only a PRIVATE PILOT with DAYLIGHT FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS so any inference from Henderson that he wasn't aware that David Ibbotson wasn't a commercial pilot is pure bullshit.

Dave Henderson is almost certainly culpable in all of this & he will be getting dissected by all the aviation investigation teams in what was known & what wasn't.

Getting back to the initial misidentity of the pilot has underlying issues..... I will throw this into the mix :
    Dave Henderson is a commercial rated pilot with a night rating & IFR rating and quite current on the PA46 Malibu.
    David Ibbotson was a private rated pilot with no night rating & no IFR rating and no currency on the PA46 Malibu.

One explanation for the misidentity is: A Flightplan in the name of Henderson might have been filed to allow IFR & Night flying as his licences permit that ( Ibbotson might have had copies of Hendersons licences to hoodwink the system ? ).

Henderson knows the truth and it will need to come out in the Aviation investigation, I would guess there will be quite a lot of bullshit with a small piece of facts in what Henderson will disclose or portray the incident as.

The facts are known that David Ibbotson was colourblind & restricted to day flight only, the main people with Sala's & Ibbotson's deaths on their hands are Willie McKay & Dave Henderson and I am confident that they both knew that Ibbotson was colourblind & restricted to day flight only.

Ultimately Ibbotson signed his & Sala's deaths off by making that flight but I am guessing it was something he was pressured into by McKay and Henderson.
    Wow that's really interesting, and makes sense , why do people of means take short cuts is beyond me .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you mind? My insight is not just thought-provoking, but it is full of facts.
    Cant believe folk are arguing over this tragic event .

The relevant piece states:

Was a second pilot due to be on the plane?

On Monday night, three people passed security checks at the Nantes-Atlantique airport. All three individuals were on the tarmac together. Only one pilot boarded the plane, Dave Ibbotson, who was not initially due to be on the plane. The third man, who was registered to be on the plane, is understood to have been Dave Henderson, a very experienced pilot, who did not get on the flight.

I think this matter has now been more or less resolved by the fact that only 2 were on board as it now appears Henderson was nowhere near the flight on the night in question.
    Now, this is speculation on my behalf but most likely has some credence in what I suspect happened.
    David Ibbotson had to show his passport at the security gate to get through to the Airside area of Nantes Airport.
    Dave Henderson chose to file a flightplan for the departure of N264DB from Nantes from wherever he actually was in the world online.
    Dave Henderson having the correct ratings would look plausible when filing an IFR flightplan online, where David Ibbotson would have maybe flagged up as not being the holder of a Night rating or Instrument rating..... there is a remote chance that David Ibbotson did have copies of Henderson's licence & ratings in case he was rampchecked by the Nantes FPL officers or any other person of authority.

The known facts that David Ibbotson was using Dave Henderson's Bankcard details to pay everything might add to the confusion.

Without pointing a finger at the Nantes Airport officials the security gate staff will have seen David Ibbotson's passport as ID at their gate & it is highly likely ( not factual ) that the Nantes Airport officials at the flighplanning office will have seen Dave Henderson's licence & ratings as ID at their desk.
    This would be enough conjecture to have made them think that both Ibbotson & Henderson were there at Nantes Airport for the N264DB flight.
    French officials are not likely to have relayed the SECURITY GATE ID USED to the FLIGHTPLAN DESK for checking as it was a general aviation flight.

I don't doubt for one second that Henderson wasn't at Nantes, I would take a punt on copies of his flying licence being there though, as were his bankcard details.

That doesn't explain the 3rd person on the airport apron by N264DB but that could have been a groundhandler or just someone who recognised Sala and wanted to chat to him.

"The known facts that David Ibbotson was using Dave Henderson's Bankcard details to pay everything might add to the confusion."

I didn't know that. Was that published somewhere?

"The known facts that David Ibbotson was using Dave Henderson's Bankcard details to pay everything might add to the confusion."

I didn't know that. Was that published somewhere?
    This article doesn't say that Dave Hendersons bankcard was actually in Nantes, it does state that it was used to pay for the Nantes Hotel though & via aviation sources it is apparent that it was used to buy avgas for N264DB & the airport fees. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...guish-13933743

I am now being careful what I say because legally we have to stick to substantiated facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...emiliano-sala/

Previous Sala flights arranged by the agent 'were not on the fatal crash plane'

He asked David Henderson to make all the arrangements - time Henderson said something methinks

Claims he didn't know whether Ibbotson was licensed to make commercial flights or had been paid more than expenses'

AAIB interim report delayed until next week.
    The interim report from the UK Air Accident Investigation Branch is due to be released at 2pm on Monday (25th) afternoon. It had been hoped to be released this week, within a month of the accident.

The report is expected to largely focus on the factual findings of the investigation team, who spent almost four days at the site of the plane wreckage after it was located. Such reports are commissioned so quickly in cases where there could be an urgent public safety aspect or if there as a significant public and media interest.

I don't think McKay or Henderson will want to hear the report is being released that soon....... I bet both will be squirming !!!!

Flyer46, Did you specifically join this board in Feb 2019, just after the plane crash, just so you could give us the benefit of your extensive knowledge of all things aviation ?. Do you ever intend posting anything else on any other subject affecting Cardiff City ?. For all I/we know, you could be making all this up (or looking it up on search engines) and have no connection to or knowledge of these issues at all. You certainly like speculating and sensationalising about the incident - possibly to keep it bubbling along, to make yourself look even more knowledgable ? Why are you speculating at all about such a tragic incident ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Flyer46, Did you specifically join this board in Feb 2019, just after the plane crash, just so you could give us the benefit of your extensive knowledge of all things aviation ?. Do you ever intend posting anything else on any other subject affecting Cardiff City ?. For all I/we know, you could be making all this up (or looking it up on search engines) and have no connection to or knowledge of these issues at all. You certainly like speculating and sensationalising about the incident - possibly to keep it bubbling along, to make yourself look even more knowledgable ? Why are you speculating at all about such a tragic incident ?
    Posted here now I found the relevant thread

dml1954, I specifically joined this board after the fateful plane crash to monitor & keep the aviation side of the enquiry to as much of a factual basis as possible.

The purpose of posting on here with regards to this accident is solely to not let too much speculation get into the debate of what actually happened, it doesn't bother me whether 'you/they' think I could be making all this up (or looking it up on search engines) and have no connection to or knowledge of these issues at all.

I will be open to scrutiny if the report that is published on Monday 25th differs from anything I have openly stated on here.

Without sounding condescending, I have only stated facts on matters that I am closely connected to ( I am posting on here in a personal capacity, my aviation boss who would have loved to be posting openly on here has had to refrain from doing so because his connections include those undertaking this investigation.)

What you might feel is speculating and sensationalising this incident is I feel giving those who might want to be given a bit more information a better insight into the background of the accident flight.

speculating and sensationalising seems to be the background of almost every thread on here & let's just say my knowledge of aviation & knowledge of this accident flight is far superior to the knowledge of anyone else on here regarding the Sala accident flight.

speculating and sensationalising of footballing posts seems to be the order of the day on this bulletinboard & whilst I concede that my football knowledge is minimal I haven't seen any really insightful contributions on the footballing subjects from many of you.

In a previous post I mentioned that my aviation boss had close ties with a premier football team & still has loose connections with them to this day, he has read quite a lot of the posts regarding football & other unrelated topics on here and said " Now you can see why I walked away from football, even the supporters are bigoted pillocks "

Posted here now I found the relevant thread

dml1954, I specifically joined this board after the fateful plane crash to monitor & keep the aviation side of the enquiry to as much of a factual basis as possible.

The purpose of posting on here with regards to this accident is solely to not let too much speculation get into the debate of what actually happened, it doesn't bother me whether 'you/they' think I could be making all this up (or looking it up on search engines) and have no connection to or knowledge of these issues at all.

I will be open to scrutiny if the report that is published on Monday 25th differs from anything I have openly stated on here.

Without sounding condescending, I have only stated facts on matters that I am closely connected to ( I am posting on here in a personal capacity, my aviation boss who would have loved to be posting openly on here has had to refrain from doing so because his connections include those undertaking this investigation.)

What you might feel is speculating and sensationalising this incident is I feel giving those who might want to be given a bit more information a better insight into the background of the accident flight.

speculating and sensationalising seems to be the background of almost every thread on here & let's just say my knowledge of aviation & knowledge of this accident flight is far superior to the knowledge of anyone else on here regarding the Sala accident flight.

speculating and sensationalising of footballing posts seems to be the order of the day on this bulletinboard & whilst I concede that my football knowledge is minimal I haven't seen any really insightful contributions on the footballing subjects from many of you.

In a previous post I mentioned that my aviation boss had close ties with a premier football team & still has loose connections with them to this day, he has read quite a lot of the posts regarding football & other unrelated topics on here and said " Now you can see why I walked away from football, even the supporters are bigoted pillocks "
    Wow - you really are full of your own importance arent you. You admit that you aren't a Cardiff City or even a football fan and indicate that you have only been posting on this board recently as a public service to avoid unnesscessary speculation and provide the facts, whereas what you have actually been doing is providing unlimited speculation and supposition yourself and fuelling the situation further. The final insult is that you provide the opinion that your boss (and presumably you) thinks everyone posting on this board is a 'bigoted pillock'. Thanks very much for that observation, you have actually convinced me now that you are probably a twelve year old who has swallowed a dictionary and aviation manual, spend most of your life on the internet researching aircraft accidents and have delusions of grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Wow - you really are full of your own importance arent you. You admit that you aren't a Cardiff City or even a football fan and indicate that you have only been posting on this board recently as a public service to avoid unnesscessary speculation and provide the facts, whereas what you have actually been doing is providing unlimited speculation and supposition yourself and fuelling the situation further. The final insult is that you provide the opinion that your boss (and presumably you) thinks everyone posting on this board is a 'bigoted pillock'. Thanks very much for that observation, you have actually convinced me now that you are probably a twelve year old who has swallowed a dictionary and aviation manual, spend most of your life on the internet researching aircraft accidents and have delusions of grandeur.
    dml 1954, Thankfully everything you have just said is so bizarre that it has brightened up my day, I especially like that you have the opinion that I was born in 2007 or thereabouts I can only assume you are a grumpy 64 year old who uses his grumpy streak to be argumentative on here from what I have seen in your contributions on here.

I see you had your 'knuckles rapped' recently for being argumentative in a thread. You also asked on the messageboard "How come one of my posts hasn't already been deleted and for me as a poster to be banned permanently. "

I am guessing that you are very much in a minority when it comes to your way of thinking about my posts? There is always one who wants to play the 'offended or upset' card.

Seeing as I am standing on a Pulpit & stating facts about the accident I half expected some flak from someone like you, think about it... if I am a twelve year old who has swallowed a dictionary and aviation manual, who spends most of my life on the internet researching aircraft accidents and have delusions of grandeur I am doing far better than you. However as I am a fully grown adult who is paid handsomely to have the knowledge I have I am not offended by your remarks.

To add insult to injury I am also Welsh, as is my boss. Do you really think that because I am not a Cardiff City supporter or even a football fan that I am less of a person than you are?

Am I full of my own self importance? I am proud of my position in life & proud that I have a great job in something I enjoy, had my boss chosen to follow family tradition into football or been good enough to actually play football I would most probably have become a Football agent.
    My boss knew he was shite at playing football so unlike the McKay boys he didn't get his father to pull strings to get him onto the books of any football team, instead his father backed him to go off and forge a career in aviation, that said...my boss can walk into the football club his father devoted so many years to & get well looked after

I am also pretty sure that if he 'namedropped' at the Millennium Stadium he would be welcomed with open arms so he is 'one up on Willie McKay'