+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Daily Mail's Martin Samuel does a hatchet job on City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Daily Mail's Martin Samuel does a hatchet job on City.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Uncomfortable questions, though.

My first reaction within hours of early reports about Sala's last flight was along the lines: if Mrs Choo or Mrs Dalman made it known to their spouses they had the offer of a flight home in a light aircraft, would their husbands merely say "ok, sweetheart, see you when you get back".

I don't believe Vincent Tan is anyone's mug. I wonder what he thinks to himself about all this.

I'm no aviation expert, however, I'm sure Dalman and Choo would never have imagined it would have been a single engine plane that was built 35 years ago. They would have probably been accustomed to travelling in Learjets or twin turbo prop' planes themselves and would no doubt have expected the same for Emiliano at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'm no aviation expert, however, I'm sure Dalman and Choo would never have imagined it would have been a single engine plane that was built 35 years ago. They would have probably been accustomed to travelling in Learjets or twin turbo prop' planes themselves and would no doubt have expected the same for Emiliano at the very least.
    The relevant question here for me is what is the "norm" in the Premier League? Do other clubs at this level make all of the arrangements for the sort of trip Sala made themselves? Neil Warnock often says that we got promoted earlier than expected, so it could be that we are out of step with the rest on many levels when it comes to administration and off field management or are we the club that has just happened to be found out so to speak for practices that are/were prevalent at Premier League clubs?

Also, I agree with Cowbridge Blue about uncomfortable questions being asked by the article, but I'd be very surprised if the current manager would ever agree to a Director of Football type being introduced while he was at the club - even though I feel one is needed.

I have to say that the legal line City are taking has echoes of their naive and ill-advised actions during the Malky fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The relevant question here for me is what is the "norm" in the Premier League? Do other clubs at this level make all of the arrangements for the sort of trip Sala made themselves? Neil Warnock often says that we got promoted earlier than expected, so it could be that we are out of step with the rest on many levels when it comes to administration and off field management or are we the club that has just happened to be found out so to speak for practices that are/were prevalent at Premier League clubs?

Also, I agree with Cowbridge Blue about uncomfortable questions being asked by the article, but I'd be very surprised if the current manager would ever agree to a Director of Football type being introduced while he was at the club - even though I feel one is needed.
    Simon Jordan was in Talksport a couple of weeks ago. Said as soon as the player is out of the club travel arrangements are normally sorted by the player or more likely his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The relevant question here for me is what is the "norm" in the Premier League? Do other clubs at this level make all of the arrangements for the sort of trip Sala made themselves?
    Well it would seem we offered a commercial flight. I can't see clubs forking out on private jets everytime one of their foreign players wants to pop home for a few days. I read the other week that Liverpool's Wijnaldum was on a commercial flight, only made news as there was interaction with a fan on the plane whilst he was tweeting about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Exactly, I doubt either would have got on such a plane. Emi probably wouldn’t have had much idea about private jets I’d imagine.
    Whoever arranged it and the pilot definitely has important questions to answer