+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Willie McKay’s Intro letter to Sala in ‘The Times’

Willie McKay’s Intro letter to Sala in ‘The Times’

I don’t know if anyone else has seen this today, but Willie McKay’s introductory ‘letter’ to Sala has been published in ‘The Times’.

Now I’m not an expert on these sorts of dealings and don’t feel qualified to comment on the intricancies of transfer dealings but if I received any form of communication written SO badly, then I wouldn’t even consider dealing with the sender. It is so poorly written that I really struggled to make it half way through (it is even worse than one of Annis’ books!). If that how someone communicated with me then I would have very serious reservations from the outset.

I don’t work in a particularly lofty profession but there is a basic standard of written English that everyone should expect. This ‘letter’ reads like it was written by a 10 year old.

Alarming.

Re: Willie McKay’s Intro letter to Sala in ‘The Times’

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t know if anyone else has seen this today, but Willie McKay’s introductory ‘letter’ to Sala has been published in ‘The Times’.

Now I’m not an expert on these sorts of dealings and don’t feel qualified to comment on the intricancies of transfer dealings but if I received any form of communication written SO badly, then I wouldn’t even consider dealing with the sender. It is so poorly written that I really struggled to make it half way through (it is even worse than one of *****’ books!). If that how someone communicated with me then I would have very serious reservations from the outset.

I don’t work in a particularly lofty profession but there is a basic standard of written English that everyone should expect. This ‘letter’ reads like it was written by a 10 year old.

Alarming.
    And just to prove that I’m not solely a grammar Nazi (I am a bit....), on the salient part of salary, McKay states that it will be around ‘£50,0000’ per week. It is good to see that such care was being taken over the details.....:-/

PS All those ****’s in my original post refer to AA! I didn’t know that his name was automatically considered offensive on here! Lol

I haven't read it but can imagine it's not a "professional" letter. Not sure what qualifies you to be a football agent, being an ar****e seems to be the only criteria!

Totally agree with Bobby. It would raise serious concerns if I received a letter that badly written. Does not reflect well on football that they allow people like McKay to make a career out of it. He would have struggled to sustain a career as a shelf stacker!

Here is the full 'letter':

This is the message Willie McKay sent to Emiliano Sala. For clarity some punctuation has been added and some words capped up or down.
    'Emiliano
    My name is Willie McKay, first of all I tried to reach Meissa by call and sms in the last few days without success. We are not interested in looking after your personal interests, finance, holidays, baby sitting is not our market. We do transfers! to this date over 600 from Didier Drogba, Anelka, Payet, Seri, Anguissa, a lot, let us tell you how we operate and how the Cardiff City situation came around because you must be wondering how it came about and we will explain. We work for clubs in France including PSG, Marseille, Lyon, Nice, Lille, Toulouse, le Harve, Nantes and others for players to be transferred to England.
    On your case we have spoken to every club including Manchester,Chelsea, Liverpool. We think eventually you could play in these clubs.
    We approached Nantes as we do for many players at other clubs to get the authority to sell we don’t try and cross the players agent, some are very happy to work with us some get very jealous and protective.
    With all the shit they say like (he is like a brother to me) (he is like my son) in reality, if you were not a footballer these people don’t care about you the only care about money is the truth.
    Because that’s all we care about, that’s why we like to work for clubs, no emotion, simple buisness, that’s it! On your case we begged Nantes for the mandate (I think they were curious of what your value was because you scored last year and this year without any offers for you) because you are a very good player and we only target very good players but as you said in one of your interviews some clubs like you and others don’t.
    We have had West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Burnley, Fulham, and Cardiff watching you at Nantes and away matches, we take our plane get clubs in it. People who can decide, not the local scouts.
    For different reasons, age, style of play, playing in League 2 and other issues, we only have an offer from Cardiff City newly promoted with a manager who fell in love with you first of all from your footage online and then he has watched you twice once in Rennes and against Marseille in Nantes with his assistants nearly 5 weeks ago. Neil Warnock will have all his players with one objective get the ball to you. He sees you as a typical English centre forward, like Drogba, Alan Shearer he told me you will score easier in his team than in Nantes, because all your teammates in Cardiff will play to your strengths.
    He would like to meet you either they will fly you over in their jet to look around or they will come to meet you in Nantes you can bring who ever you want just to give you an idea, they will pay you around £50,0000 per week gross plus bonuses on a 4-5 year contract and whoever you bring with you, be it Meissa (who has done nothing) or your mother who can also represent you by law in England she could receive around £1 million in sterling for herself.
    Here is a club who really wants you and believe in you as we do and if a big club comes in for you while in Cardiff they will not stand in your way. Cardiff is a great place to live my sons live there the support are very loud never stop singing.
    In my experience I think if you don’t try the Premier league in England where the game suits you, you will regret it.
    Cardiff have been told you don’t want to go there, that’s probably our fault it was us who put in the media about other clubs wanting you West Ham, Everton, etc to create an interest on you that’s what we do.
    And it can be misleading for the player himself, but unless we do this most people would not know you because nobody follows the French League.
    I hope this explains everything to you if you need any other help or questions you want to ask please do.
    Cardiff can have a jet for you tonight or tomorrow to pick you and any other people you want to bring with you.
    You don’t need to sign but at least hear what they have to say.
    Willie'

I've just read it in the Mailonline - oh dear, it's really badly written and what does McKay bring to the table when Sala already had an agent? I've no idea how the world of football transfers work, you would assume the club have to approach Nantes to register an interest in the player and see if they can make a formal approach. If I were a player I would want some legal advice from a lawyer before negotiating and signing a contract but would begrudge paying any agents fee to some random bloke who sends me a very badly written email

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I've just read it in the Mailonline - oh dear, it's really badly written and what does McKay bring to the table when Sala already had an agent? I've no idea how the world of football transfers work, you would assume the club have to approach Nantes to register an interest in the player and see if they can make a formal approach. If I were a player I would want some legal advice from a lawyer before negotiating and signing a contract but would begrudge paying any agents fee to some random bloke who sends me a very badly written email
    It will have been written in French and google translated I assume. I don't imagine Sala would have spoken English. McKay facilitates transfers, he's right when he says he's done business with Payet, Seri etc (although Drogba has distanced himself). God knows why football needs people like McKay but apparently they do.

it reads like one of those letters from a Nigerian Prince who needs to get cash out of the country pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It will have been written in French and google translated I assume. I don't imagine Sala would have spoken English. McKay facilitates transfers, he's right when he says he's done business with Payet, Seri etc (although Drogba has distanced himself). God knows why football needs people like McKay but apparently they do.
    Maybe.

But how does that explain the ‘£50,0000’ per week part?

😳

Maybe.

But how does that explain the ‘£50,0000’ per week part?

😳
    Half our fans can't spell Zohore or Paterson, so I'm not going to pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Whats Alan Shearer saying about his alleged quote

" Alan Shearer he told me you will score easier in his team than in Nantes, because all your teammates in Cardiff will play to your strengths."

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    it reads like one of those letters from a Nigerian Prince who needs to get cash out of the country pronto!
    that made me chuckle

I don’t work in a particularly lofty profession but there is a basic standard of written English that everyone should expect.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say the same isn't true in professional football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say the same isn't true in professional football.
    No , this was way above those standards

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whats Alan Shearer saying about his alleged quote

" Alan Shearer he told me you will score easier in his team than in Nantes, because all your teammates in Cardiff will play to your strengths."
    Not sure if serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Not sure if serious?
    Bet Alan is shocked at being involved.