+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who could fit into a back three...

Who could fit into a back three...

....if Morrison isn’t up to it?

Left field options.... Gunnarsson ? Paterson ? Bacuna ?

I’d be interested to see how Aron would fit in there. He has the intensity, can tackle, organised and vocal and could pass the ball instead of hoofing.

Re: Who could fit into a back three...

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    ....if Morrison isn’t up to it?

Left field options.... Gunnarsson ? Paterson ? Bacuna ?

I’d be interested to see how Aron would fit in there. He has the intensity, can tackle, organised and vocal and could pass the ball instead of hoofing.
    Could be a good shout but cannot see Warnock making drastic changes at this time of the season.
    I have been saying for many weeks that Morrison, Bamba and Manga are a trio of mistakes waiting to happen.
    Why are there no young players coming through (at any position)

Re: Who could fit into a back three...

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Could be a good shout but cannot see Warnock making drastic changes at this time of the season.
    I have been saying for many weeks that Morrison, Bamba and Manga are a trio of mistakes waiting to happen.
    Why are there no young players coming through (at any position)
    No young players because it appears neither the club nor manager put much faith in youth.

Apart from being a bit error prone the back three are also very similar in ability. Personally I think Bamba should be in there on merit and Manga because of the fact he offers a bit more on the deck and has a bit more pace. I feel a bit for Morrison because he does put in a shift every time and has made some important clearences/tackles. I just think we need a bit more mobility and a clearer head.

The first goal on Friday was big and it was basically a sort of football-style scrummage and when the ball broke there were just too many gaps. We need a little more composure at times, something that a ball playing midfielder-turned-defender MIGHT be able to offer.