+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

If she was born in the UK, then I can’t see how we can deny her her citizenship.
    She should be brought back to the UK, tried for treason, and given the rightful punishment, The same thing that happens to any other Brit found guilty of treason.
    The new born baby should be put up for adoption if she receives a lengthy spell in clink.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    She made the decision to leave the U.K. to go and fight with the Islamic state - how many brits were murdered and beheaded??????? And now you have a problem with the government telling her she is not welcome back to this country?

Damn right the government should revoke her citizenship
    You’re missing the point every single time! They are punishing a British citizen with no trial. It’s not about her it’s about justice and the rule of law.

If they can do it to her they can do it to anyone, including you.

The other point is why is it fair for us to send her to Bangladesh or Syria? Why do they deserve a terrorist running around the streets? Surely it’s safer for the whole world if we know what she’s up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re missing the point every single time! They are punishing a British citizen with no trial. It’s not about her it’s about justice and the rule of law.

If they can do it to her they can do it to anyone, including you.
    No CB I'm not missing the point ..... she is the subject in the OP, why would they revoke my citizenship? Or any other Law abiding citizen for that matter?

You can't tell me now because they have revoked her citizenship that they can & will revoke my neighbors citizenship because his dog shat on the sidewalk and he didn't pick it up

It is what it is ....... she made her bed she needs to sleep in it AND any other so called British citizen who left the UK to join the fight for Islamic state

Everything I have posted has been my personal opinion. I just don't see the need to Waste good taxpayers money on that oxygen Theif like that - I'm sorry but that's how I feel.

No disrespect aimed at you - have a good evening

Was she not born in Bangladesh?
    No, and she's never been there. Why let facts get in the way though?

It's not an easy choice but I don't like the idea of the government deciding that she doesn't deserve citizenship. They could just decide the Windrush generation doesn't deserve it either.

No CB I'm not missing the point ..... she is the subject in the OP, why would they revoke my citizenship? Or any other Law abiding citizen for that matter?

You can't tell me now because they have revoked her citizenship that they can & will revoke my neighbors citizenship because his dog shat on the sidewalk and he didn't pick it up

It is what it is ....... she made her bed she needs to sleep in it AND any other so called British citizen who left the UK to join the fight for Islamic state

Everything I have posted has been my personal opinion. I just don't see the need to Waste good taxpayers money on that oxygen Theif like that - I'm sorry but that's how I feel.

No disrespect aimed at you - have a good evening
    But if they can do this with no trial what’s next. No one is saying they’re going to revoke your citizenship because your dog shit on the pavement but look how the rule of law is already being eroded in this country.

This is the thin end of the wedge with fear being used to get it through without any opposition by the public. Your reaction is exactly what they want.

The government have already been deporting a lot of the wind rush generation and even some people who were born in this country have been deported. These people have committed no crimes and it’s situations like this that lend themselves to helping the government force stuff like that through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, and she's never been there. Why let facts get in the way though?

It's not an easy choice but I don't like the idea of the government deciding that she doesn't deserve citizenship. They could just decide the Windrush generation doesn't deserve it either.
    What have the law abiding population of Bangladesh done to deserve to get a criminal/terrorist sent there anyway?

Are Bangladeshi lives worth less than ours?

The decision to revoke her citizenship is purely a poll pleaser. This helps Sajid's leadership bid if he decides to challenge for the role of PM in future.

This government is getting very concerning, why wasn't she brought back, put on trial (and eventually a very lengthy prison sentence) and her British baby put up for adoption so he/she can be raised correctly (hopefully away from the evils of Islam). Now she's Bangladesh's problem, a brainwashed radical Muslim has been dumped on them because we couldn't abide by standard human right laws.

Big bold move by our government, she was edging closer every day to getting a free plane ride back to the UK, she was playing the press really well

9 other British females in the same camp, i wonder if the same will apply to them ? ? ?

sends a strong message out to others aswell

Glad she won't be coming back, however won't other countries just pull the same stunt to stop us deporting their criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sending them back implies they're citizens of another country. She is not.
    She is , Bangladesh .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    She is , Bangladesh .
    She's not. She can only apply for it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If she was born in the UK, then I can’t see how we can deny her her citizenship.
    She should be brought back to the UK, tried for treason, and given the rightful punishment, The same thing that happens to any other Brit found guilty of treason.
    The new born baby should be put up for adoption if she receives a lengthy spell in clink.
    Was she not born in Bangladesh?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    She's not. She can only apply for it.
    As her mother is Bangladeshi, under their laws, then she is also Bangladeshi. Her not having a passport or never having been there shouldn't affect this.
    As the UK have acted first I think the Bangladeshi government have their hands tied.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Big bold move by our government, she was edging closer every day to getting a free plane ride back to the UK, she was playing the press really well

9 other British females in the same camp, i wonder if the same will apply to them ? ? ?

Why should the people of Syria have to put up with her? Not their fault.

Bring her back here and put her on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Think she blew it by saying she had no regrets doing it. Also going on about the Manchester bombing. This country is such a soft touch, I’m glad the shocking government we have, have finally found some balls. She can do one

International

Where the Fcuk did I say SHOOT THEM ALL?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    As her mother is Bangladeshi, under their laws, then she is also Bangladeshi. Her not having a passport or never having been there shouldn't affect this.
    As the UK have acted first I think the Bangladeshi government have their hands tied.
    This is a nuts way to think, she’s never even been to Bangladesh how can they just send her there?

What’s to stop them sending any criminal there, what’s the next crime that’s deemed bad enough to strip someone of their citizenship.

And why should Bangladesh have to have a criminal sent there that’s nothing to do with them?

Do you really think you’ll be safer with her remaining at liberty abroad than locked up here?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Think she blew it by saying she had no regrets doing it. Also going on about the Manchester bombing. This country is such a soft touch, I’m glad the shocking government we have, have finally found some balls. She can do one
    Glad the government can bypass the rule of law because you’re scared of the bogeyman Muslims?

The state of the absolute bootlickers in this country. Calling others snowflakes when they’re so scared of Muslims they’re happy for the government to forget how the law works.

The real dangerous precedent that’s been set here is we are now saying some British citizens are less British than others.

The people who just keep saying “yeah but she was bad” as their only point really don’t understand it.

When was the last time in history we saw certain citizens being less than others? Anyone cheering on this home office for anything must be pretty ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Not automatically. She can apply.

The UK hasn't acted first, it hasn't done anything. It's only threatened to revoke it. But I can't imagine you'd feel the same if the situation was reversed and Bangladesh revoked the citizenship of someone who went to ISIS and Britain then had to take them because our hands were tied.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    The real dangerous precedent that’s been set here is we are now saying some British citizens are less British than others.

The people who just keep saying “yeah but she was bad” as their only point really don’t understand it.

When was the last time in history we saw certain citizens being less than others? Anyone cheering on this home office for anything must be pretty ignorant.
    I think some people see it as a specific case, whereas others see how it wouldn't take much to be applied more generally.

Windrush was a good example used earlier. Considering that and the way the wind is blowing with Brexit and Trump, I'd be worried what the government would do next.

I can understand people seeing it as just a one off and being angry about it and happy she’s getting what she deserves but there’s definitely a case of people missing the bigger picture here.

And there’s probably a case of well I’m white so nothing will ever happen to me so who cares.

We’ve already seen innocent British citizens deported within the last year for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Glad the government can bypass the rule of law because you’re scared of the bogeyman Muslims?

The state of the absolute bootlickers in this country. Calling others snowflakes when they’re so scared of Muslims they’re happy for the government to forget how the law works.
    I'm thinking of Trump's attempted Muslim ban. Boris could be our next PM and it's not beyond the realms that he'd attempt one. Is our system as robust as the Americans to overturn it? I don't think so.

We could ban all visitors from selected countries, Somalia, Syria, wherever, and next turf out anyone living here from those countries or with heritage from them. It's the natural step. And I guarantee there are people reading this post who think "good, let's do it".

That is the trouble with the UK too many good-doers if this board is anything to go by, which I guess it's not. Anyone on here that says she should be brought back and tried is living in cloud cuckoo land. She would probably not get more than 6 years and serve 3, then she would be living off the taxpayer, free house, free free council tax, child benefit, and more than likely disability allowance ( as the poor girl will say she has mental problems) having lived under Isis, also a new identity, and police protection, all paid for by the taxpayer.

If she had said that she made a mistake going out to join Isis and that she regrets it, and was appalled by all the be-headings and murders that ISIS committed and not stating that the Manchester bombings were justified, she may have had some sympathy, ( but not from me) for as as far as I am concerned she would only be lying.

How could any of you on here want to let her back into the UK, and not just her but anyone that went out to support ISIS, I really cannot understand, you must either be crackers, or are arguing for her just to be argumentative, or have really low intelligence!