+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

RESULT Shamima Begum

Islamic State schoolgirl Shamima Begum has had her British citizenship revoked, her family has been told in a letter from the Home Office.

The letter, obtained by ITV News, was received by Ms Begum's mother on Tuesday.

"Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship," the letter read.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter went on to urge Ms Begum's family to make her aware of the decision, and added that she had a right to appeal.

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

Ah such a shame. She seemed like a really nice girl aswell.

On second thoughts- she can fcuk off.
    Last edited by The Bloop; 19-02-19 at 19:04. Reason: .

After a tough day that’s put a smile on my face.

That decision really made my day.

I'm shocked , as she was doing so well in the media .

I thought she'd be home by know shopping in Primark as a minimum, so much for tolerance .

I’m not sure a government being allowed to revoke our citizenships is a victory for anyone.

She should have just been locked up. I really couldn’t care less what happens to her but celebrating the government just being able to simply do this seems to miss a much wider point.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m not sure a government being allowed to revoke our citizenships is a victory for anyone.

She should have just been locked up. I really couldn’t care less what happens to her but celebrating the government just being able to simply do this seems to miss a much wider point.
    Get a grip CB. These really are extenuating circumstances. Rest easy, your UK citizenship is safe 😉😊

Thin end of the wedge though isn’t it

It was only a couple of months ago we were shipping off British citizens with Jamaican heritage back there.

People must have a lot more trust in a Tory government and Javid than I do if they think there isn’t even the slightest possibility this’ll get used again.

I think the wider point its public opinion, wasting tax payers money on lengthy publicised trials ,legal aid, protection, child care ,need I go on , all for someone who even now, cannot bring herself to show remorse or denounce her acts or those she chose to support .

I'd even prosecute the parents for not protecting or looking after their children correctly whilst in thier care , bloody hell folk are getting fined for taking kids out of school for holidays these days.

Let's not forget the atrocities her chosen tribe applied to people, just imagine if one of your own had been blown up or butchered by them .

In addition to this , there are even more looking to return to a country they denounced or wanted to harm , as there is no other place for them to go .

It's not out of necessity nor remorse.

Could that f*cking Willie McKay organise her flight home?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think the wider point its public opinion, wasting tax payers money on lengthy publicised trials ,legal aid, protection, child care ,need a go on ,all for someone who even now cannot bring herself to show remorse or denounce her act.

Let's not forget the atrocities her chosen tribe applied to people, I'm guessing if one of your own had been blown up or butchered your view may differ.

In addition to this , there are even more looking to return to a country they denounced or wanted to harm , as there is no other place for them to go .

It's out of necessity not remorse.
    My view isn’t about her though, I’ve not got any sympathy for her and I can see why people are happy about this.

I’d be more worried about the government having the power to take people’s citizenships off them.

My view isn’t about her though, I’ve not got any sympathy for her and I can see why people are happy about this.

I’d be more worried about the government having the power to take people’s citizenships off them.
    What should we do then ,they denounced thier country , and basically declared ducking war on it , I'd have go one step further and gone to war on them, no citizens issue to worry about then .

Why?

If you do the crime be prepared to do the time

I don’t know what is the best to do with her. I just think the government having this sort of power isn’t the “result” people think it is.

Another more important thing is locking whoever radicalised her before they get anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Why?

If you do the crime be prepared to do the time
    I don’t think you’ve understood the point of the post. She deserves to be punished, she doesn’t deserve a life.

I just wonder who the government could potentially revoke the citizenship of next.

Presumably the kid is still a British citizen though right? If he/she was born before the mothers citizenship was revoked? So presumably the child has a right to come here and presumably she has a right to accompany the child?

And aren't we all subjects not citizens?

I don’t think you’ve understood the point of the post. She deserves to be punished, she doesn’t deserve a life.

I just wonder who the government could potentially revoke the citizenship of next.
    Where does she go now? I don't think that syria want her.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Presumably the kid is still a British citizen though right? If he/she was born before the mothers citizenship was revoked? So presumably the child has a right to come here and presumably she has a right to accompany the child?

And aren't we all subjects not citizens?
    She should just be treated like a criminal. Brought back and locked up for a very long time. Effectively he is stateless and will probably put even more strain on a country that has been smashed to bits over the last five years or so.

No I totally understood your post, what about members of the many grooming gangs? Revoke their citizenship and send them back to wherever they came from, hate speech preachers - get them gone.

Those who commit serious crimes against the country need to pay the ultimate price - there British citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    She should just be treated like a criminal. Brought back and locked up for a very long time. Effectively he is stateless and will probably put even more strain on a country that has been smashed to bits over the last five years or so.
    That’s what I think would be right, give her a trail and lock her up for life if appropriate. It does bring in the difficult aspect of her being 15 when it happened though, is she tried as a child?

I think the people who brainwashed her and sent her off to a terrorist cult are surely the more dangerous anyway.

My view as well . A slippery slope as far as I am concerned. Through Britain was a democratic law abiding country.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    No I totally understood your post, what about members of the many grooming gangs? Revoke their citizenship and send them back to wherever they came from, hate speech preachers - get them gone.

Those who commit serious crimes against the country need to pay the ultimate price - there British citizenship
    What do you mean where they came from? We are talking about British citizens.

Who decides what crime is serious enough? The government? We’ve had à British government send soldiers in on striking miners. Do you trust them with this power too?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    My view as well . A slippery slope as far as I am concerned. Through Britain was a democratic law abiding country.
    You always get people mentioning the “thought police” when someone gets in trouble for saying something racist.

But actions like this are far more Orwellian, we’ve seen complete disinformation and rigging of elections in the last 3 years from the current government. How anyone can be happy about them having this sort of power is crazy.

The best way to bring in harsh laws is when people are scared. Nothing scares people more than terrorism, so stuff like this lets the government wave anything they want through.

That’s what I think would be right, give her a trail and lock her up for life if appropriate. It does bring in the difficult aspect of her being 15 when it happened though, is she tried as a child?

I think the people who brainwashed her and sent her off to a terrorist cult are surely the more dangerous anyway.
    It's a difficult one, isn't it. She isn't showing any remorse, is she? That doesn't help her situation. Does she have dual nationality, as i don't understand how a persons Citizenship can de taken away from them no matter what they've done. What happens to them?

What do you mean where they came from? We are talking about British citizens.

Who decides what crime is serious enough? The government? We’ve had à British government send soldiers in on striking miners. Do you trust them with this power too?
    I'm pretty sure she will have a duel citizenship.......... I can see this conversation is seriously going nowhere so let's just agree to disagree