+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

And more importantly, what is the story behind the username Igovernor?

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    And more importantly, what is the story behind the username Igovernor?
    Wouldn't you like to know
    I will give you this though It is not igovernor it is 1governor but could not put the 1 into it for some reason, hence capital I

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Because she would be entitled to it they have to according to their laws, apparently she was married to the Dutch guy as soon as she arrived, that makes it nearly 4 years with him and only three years are required for citizenship, as for the other part Bangladesh gov has said that she would be a citizen if one or two of her parents were Bangladesh citizens when she was born, it does not say a time limit when they should notify them of her birth!
    But if we've ripped it up, and she's not applied for either, why should they let her? Her strongest citizenship claim is here, as she was born here.

Also, frankly I don't care what she does. What I do care about is our government removing someone's citizenship without any process whatsoever.

Actually there will be due process because the parents will take it to court

Dog whistle stuff from Javid. This is the tosser who declared a state of emergency a few weeks ago when a handful of illegals reached our shores. He really is desperate to appeal to the hard right in the Tory party.

The decision sets a dangerous precedent and as others have said I wouldn’t trust this Government one jot. She is a British citizen and should face trial in the U.K. and then sent to prison to serve whatever sentence is passed down.

she could settle in the Nethermands..and then jump in a rubber dinghy and come over to Felixstowe...sorted

It is looking a bit like Saj has breached international law in a desperate attempt to be popular.

Heisenberg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

'Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there is "no question" of her being allowed into the country, Bangladesh's ministry of foreign affairs has said.'

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah you’re right their is no history of a British government abusing power like this. Why worry!
    Oh the old, It went on in the past, so it will happen in the future school of thought

I feel safe in the knowledge that Your good self and Lardy wouldnt just stand by and let the Government abuse its power, I can sleep safe in that knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah, if we're being naive we can do exactly that.
    Or we can always look at everything in life with suspicion and mistrust, what a joyful life that must be

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/...39734176686080

This thoughtful document illustrates how to deal with a British woman who travels to join ISIS and has a baby:

- Managed return to UK
    - Criminal investigation
    - Deradicalisation
    - Care for baby

It’s the Home Office 2018 counter-terrorism strategy, foreword by Sajid Javid.
    I don't think she has sought much sympathy in her comments this week - she seems to be hedging her bets if she can't return and has to stay out there - but this shows we are able to "recover" UK citizens even if they have joined ISIS (forgive me for forgetting what the correct name is). She was 15 when she left the UK and got married. She's a child bride who joined a cult. Like I said, her comments seem to be hedging her bets but it's a big step to take and there are those who would argue a counterproductive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    You have either: lived in the Netherlands for an uninterrupted period of five years with a valid residence permit; been married to a Dutch national or lived with a Dutch national for three continuous years (including abroad);
    But if anything like UK law then you would also need to show that a person of good character (or at least not a person of bad character).

International

Anyone who takes up arms for a terrorist organisation that is sworn to wage war against this country, directly or indirectly, and anyone who offers those people support or succour, or seeks to assist them in any way should be declared "Outlaws".

That'll fettle 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/...39734176686080

I don't think she has sought much sympathy in her comments this week - she seems to be hedging her bets if she can't return and has to stay out there - but this shows we are able to "recover" UK citizens even if they have joined ISIS (forgive me for forgetting what the correct name is). She was 15 when she left the UK and got married. She's a child bride who joined a cult. Like I said, her comments seem to be hedging her bets but it's a big step to take and there are those who would argue a counterproductive one.
    ‘Stay out there’ ??? Doubt if Syria want her to stay, she’s not their problem, she’s one of the undesirables they’re trying to rid their country of. They’re fully entitled to shovel the shit out of their country if possible, don’t think she has any Syrian rights, has she? Would imagine decent Syrian citizens want these lot out as soon as possible and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Stay out there’ ??? Doubt if Syria want her to stay, she’s not their problem, she’s one of the undesirables they’re trying to rid their country of. They’re fully entitled to shovel the shit out of their country if possible, don’t think she has any Syrian rights, has she? Would imagine decent Syrian citizens want these lot out as soon as possible and rightly so.
    The YPJ might take care of her or even the Yazidis ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oh the old, It went on in the past, so it will happen in the future school of thought

I feel safe in the knowledge that Your good self and Lardy wouldnt just stand by and let the Government abuse its power, I can sleep safe in that knowledge

Or we can always look at everything in life with suspicion and mistrust, what a joyful life that must be
    You are a deeply stupid man

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Oh the Different Views so must be stupid reply, about time that came along

Oh the Different Views so must be stupid reply, about time that came along
    It’s not your views that are stupid though. Just the way you try and get your point across.

The first thing you said in this thread was yeah but if you see this as just a single issue then the issue of it being used again isn’t an issue.

Now you’re trying to argue using history as a way of considering a governments actions, it’s just plain stupid.

Obviously not as stupid as you are.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Obviously not as stupid as you are.

'Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there is "no question" of her being allowed into the country, Bangladesh's ministry of foreign affairs has said.'

Penny for your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Penny for your thoughts?
    Rabid Javid is in trouble

It’s not your views that are stupid though. Just the way you try and get your point across.

The first thing you said in this thread was yeah but if you see this as just a single issue then the issue of it being used again isn’t an issue.

Now you’re trying to argue using history as a way of considering a governments actions, it’s just plain stupid.
    I said " Or Maybe, just maybe we take this case as the individual case it is " which i stand by, it might not be anything other than attempting to please a fair % of the county

I was arguing AGAINST using history as a way of considering a governments actions, just because they have abused power in the past, doesnt mean this case will set the precedence of future abuse of power, afterall as i said, Croesy and Lardy will be straight on the case

Penny for your thoughts?
    She would be if the parents register her, not tbat they would

Penny for your thoughts?
    Holland next port of call then

Interesting stats on British Jihadists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32026985

There are approximately 850 of them, Shamina Begum being singled out for political purpose, simple as that.

Holland next port of call then
    Yes she has been married for nearly 4 years only need 3 years with her husband to qualify for citizenship