+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    She should just be treated like a criminal. Brought back and locked up for a very long time. Effectively he is stateless and will probably put even more strain on a country that has been smashed to bits over the last five years or so.
    Maybe bur that is not what has happened so trying to work out what the position is now

It's a difficult one, isn't it. She isn't showing any remorse, is she? That doesn't help her situation. Does she have dual nationality, as i don't understand how a persons Citizenship can de taken away from them no matter what they've done. What happens to them?
    It’s much too difficult for me, I’m in no way clever enough to understand what’s the best thing for this.

I just think looking at the bigger picture it sets a dangerous precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    No I totally understood your post, what about members of the many grooming gangs? Revoke their citizenship and send them back to wherever they came from
    Bradford?

We have used a loophole in order to not fulfill our responsibilities to the rest of the world.

Someone else's problem now... Is anybody seeing a pattern in how our country is being run?

No disrespect but this country has become a country of SNOWFLAKES, soft as FCUK

You can't say this, you can't do that ........ couple of snowflakes fall, all the schools close (health and safety) people don't even bother going into work. Teachers can't even discipline pupils it's absolutely pathetic.

Children suing their own parents - fcuking joke

So it pleases me to see this little tw@t who ran away to Syria to join the Islamic state get what she rightfully deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s much too difficult for me, I’m in no way clever enough to understand what’s the best thing for this.

I just think looking at the bigger picture it sets a dangerous precedent.
    I make no apologies for admitting my ignorance on this subject, but if she had stayed in the city of her birth and carried out a disgraceful act of terrorism that would have resulted in a loss of life she would still be british and tried under British law in Britain. The difference here is tht she decided to go to syria and that must be the defining factor?

You can't say this, you can't do that ........ couple of snowflakes fall, all the schools close (health and safety) people don't even bother going into work. Teachers can't even discipline pupils it's absolutely pathetic.

So it pleases me to see this little tw@t who ran away to Syria to join the Islamic state get what she rightfully deserves
    Has someone built a bot of the stereotypical English Facebook poster?

I make no apologies for admitting my ignorance on this subject, but if she had stayed in the city of her birth and carried out a disgraceful act of terrorism that would have resulted in a loss of life she would still be british and tried under British law in Britain. The difference here is tht she decided to go to syria and that must be the defining factor?
    I didn’t think of it like that. How come she gets this treatment but the guy who drove a van into a group of people on London Bridge didn’t?

I'm pretty sure she will have a duel citizenship.......... I can see this conversation is seriously going nowhere so let's just agree to disagree
    I meant about the gangs you wanted sent back to where they came from. Where do you think they came from?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...olicy-guidance

Quickly scanning through this I'm guessing the government are using section 55.3.1.1 paragraph b. However, that states that the UK can't leave her stateless, so either I've missed something or there's another part of the jurisdiction that's being used.

I didn’t think of it like that. How come she gets this treatment but the guy who drove a van into a group of people on London Bridge didn’t?
    Because he committed the crime in his country of citizenship? I don't understand how it works.

I’m in no way defending her but what has she done exactly

“The truth is if we don't bring them home to face justice then Isis will be allowed to breed, grow and multiply and come back twice, three times as strong. Then in one, two, three decades to come you won't just have Shamima Begum to worry about, but her children and their children too, who if left to their own devices will all be radicalised and sworn to jihadism. Is this what we think the best solution might be in 2019? Wasn't it the fact we pulled out of Iraq with no plan, sticking our fingers in our ears and creating a power vacuum that got us into this mess in the first place?”

Taken from a very Interesting article by the journalist who interviewed Shamina Begum.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...gum-isis-bride

Surely our aim is to prevent terrorist attacks in the UK and to prevent others being radicalised. After all she was a child when she left the UK on her sisters passport, when was she first radicalised 11, 12, 13? Is this her fault? Do we know whether she was oppressed like many Muslim female children/women are. We need to find out how and by whom she was radicalised to stop it happening again.

This Tory government Know exactly what they are doing, anything to curry favour with the public after the shit show of brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    I’m in no way defending her but what has she done exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...olicy-guidance

Quickly scanning through this I'm guessing the government are using section 55.3.1.1 paragraph b. However, that states that the UK can't leave her stateless, so either I've missed something or there's another part of the jurisdiction that's being used.
    It’s not straight forward is it.
    She hasn’t been tried so isn’t technically guilty of anything. So removing citizenship of someone who isn’t guilty of a crime is a bit dodgy.

As far as I’m aware she doesn’t have dual citizenship, so removing her citizenship leaves her stateless which is illegal under international law. I suspect that they’ve announced this to satisfy the outcry of the people who want her to stay out of the UK knowing that they would lose a legal trial, but would be able to say “we tried”.

In my opinion she should be allowed back in, tried, and jailed. She should be interrogated for any useful information, especially about those who radicalise in this country and their methods.

I'm pretty sure she will have a duel citizenship.......... I can see this conversation is seriously going nowhere so let's just agree to disagree
    She hasn't.

She should be tried and convicted (if that that is the judgement) using legal process. It's a slippery slope if any government makes a citizen stateless without due process. It's a matter of important principle of a democratic society and not a sop promoted by bleeding heart liberals, as some detractors may make out. And I understood that it is against International Law to make a citizen stateless.

It's a difficult one, isn't it. She isn't showing any remorse, is she? That doesn't help her situation. Does she have dual nationality, as i don't understand how a persons Citizenship can de taken away from them no matter what they've done. What happens to them?
    Yes dual national , came with her family as a 3 year old from a poor Bangladesh background thats the thanks we get for giving her family a better life .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    She hasn't.

She should be tried and convicted (if that that is the judgement) using legal process. It's a slippery slope if any government makes a citizen stateless without due process. It's a matter of important principle of a democratic society and not a sop promoted by bleeding heart liberals, as some detractors may make out. And I understood that it is against International Law to make a citizen stateless.
    Seems that she may have. In that case, it seems that my screed above is only partly relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes dual national , came with her family as a 3 year old from a poor Bangladesh background thats the thanks we get for giving her family a better life .
    What happens if Bangladesh doesn't want her?

'a person can be deprived of their citizenship if the home secretary is satisfied it would be "conducive to the public good" and they would not become stateless as a result'.

I'm happy with that.

Why should the people of Syria have to put up with that piece of Shite? They have had their country ruined by the likes of her husband and deserve shot of her.

If it was a foreign born terrorist and his Mrs here you could imagine the cries to send her back.....

Would anyone like to admit what they bought into when they were 15? 25 years ago young people were heading to America to join the Waco compound. This itself is more extreme and violent again, horrifically so, but where there are so many cases of extreme behaviour without losing citizenship it's a really big step, and many would argue counterproductive, to sacrifice a person who would not have been able to vote in the last general election she's so young. What process has been followed to allow for this?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Why should the people of Syria have to put up with that piece of Shite? They have had their country ruined by the likes of her husband and deserve shot of her.

If it was a foreign born terrorist and his Mrs here you could imagine the cries to send her back.....
    They can send her to Bangladesh now

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

Good shout.........send the royal family back to Germany as well while we’re at it👍

Piers Morgan cried over a ****ing sausage roll.

I don't think the government should be making anyone stateless. It sets a precedent and I don't trust this government one bit.