+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Anyone on here that says she should be brought back and tried is living in cloud cuckoo land.
    Why is it cloud cuckoo land to think that we should have a system of law in place, we should abide by that system of law, and if we don't then we should be punished accordingly.

Yes, the chances are she has broken the law, she has been around some pretty nasty people with some pretty nasty ideals, she has shown no remorse (as far as is reported in the media), she may well want to come over here and indoctrinate and radicalise others, but surely that is more of a reason to use the system of law to deal with it, not just say "sorry love you ain't coming in" which can then lead to her a) harbouring further hatred for Western ideals, and b) doing so freely elsewhere.

It is the thin end of the wedge and sets a precedent for use elsewhere e.g. political opponents.

Heisenberg

I really cannot understand, you must either be crackers, or are arguing for her just to be argumentative, or have really low intelligence!
    If you can't understand, perhaps you shouldn't be playing the intelligence card.

That is the trouble with the UK too many good-doers if this board is anything to go by, which I guess it's not. Anyone on here that says she should be brought back and tried is living in cloud cuckoo land. She would probably not get more than 6 years and serve 3, then she would be living off the taxpayer, free house, free free council tax, child benefit, and more than likely disability allowance ( as the poor girl will say she has mental problems) having lived under Isis, also a new identity, and police protection, all paid for by the taxpayer.

If she had said that she made a mistake going out to join Isis and that she regrets it, and was appalled by all the be-headings and murders that ISIS committed and not stating that the Manchester bombings were justified, she may have had some sympathy, ( but not from me) for as as far as I am concerned she would only be lying.

How could any of you on here want to let her back into the UK, and not just her but anyone that went out to support ISIS, I really cannot understand, you must either be crackers, or are arguing for her just to be argumentative, or have really low intelligence!
    It’s like you haven’t read one word of what anyone has said. I don’t understand why you’d go out of your way to post all this without taking the trouble to read and understand what people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Why is it cloud cuckoo land to think that we should have a system of law in place, we should abide by that system of law, and if we don't then we should be punished accordingly.

Yes, the chances are she has broken the law, she has been around some pretty nasty people with some pretty nasty ideals, she has shown no remorse (as far as is reported in the media), she may well want to come over here and indoctrinate and radicalise others, but surely that is more of a reason to use the system of law to deal with it, not just say "sorry love you ain't coming in" which can then lead to her a) harbouring further hatred for Western ideals, and b) doing so freely elsewhere.

It is the thin end of the wedge and sets a precedent for use elsewhere e.g. political opponents.
    Don't forget the UK is now a country where one of the biggest national newspapers can print pictures of high court judges above the headline ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE

We're being radicalised against our legal system. And people are falling for it. Look no further than igovernors post for evidence.

Rs3100 She is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship so the government is not breaking international law, and as for your "as far as reported in the media", have you actually heard hear interviews, it is a out of her own mouth that she has said what was reported by the media!

That is the trouble with the UK too many good-doers if this board is anything to go by, which I guess it's not. Anyone on here that says she should be brought back and tried is living in cloud cuckoo land. She would probably not get more than 6 years and serve 3, then she would be living off the taxpayer, free house, free free council tax, child benefit, and more than likely disability allowance ( as the poor girl will say she has mental problems) having lived under Isis, also a new identity, and police protection, all paid for by the taxpayer.

If she had said that she made a mistake going out to join Isis and that she regrets it, and was appalled by all the be-headings and murders that ISIS committed and not stating that the Manchester bombings were justified, she may have had some sympathy, ( but not from me) for as as far as I am concerned she would only be lying.

How could any of you on here want to let her back into the UK, and not just her but anyone that went out to support ISIS, I really cannot understand, you must either be crackers, or are arguing for her just to be argumentative, or have really low intelligence!
    You're missing the point, though. She's British. She's never been to Bangladesh or wherever people think she's from. There's so much shit around that it's hard to know what's real. We should get her back and lock her up. This is a one off but what if it wasn't. Well, we did it for Shamima Begum, so we can do it again. Currently, she is stateless and she is not a citizen of Bangladesh which the home office are trying to argue.

I don't think anyone on here wants her back or has any sympathy for her whatsoever but I don't think a government should ever decide who is and isn't a citizen, especially by birth. It leads us down a very slippery slope of who's really British, who's a bit British etc. Currently, Javid won't be able to get this through either. Bangladesh aren't going to want to be lumbered with her, so they won't give her a passport. Also there have been IS fighters (she wasn't a combatant) who have come back and haven't had their citizenship revoked so there's precedent there. It's classic Tory posturing straight out of Theresa May's handbook.

Oh look the point understander has arrived! You’ve not understood one word anyone has said or you’ve not bothered to read it have you ?

Actually under Bangladesh law, as her mother is Bangladesh, she is regard by them as Bangladeshi!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Oh look the point understander has arrived! You’ve not understood one word anyone has said or you’ve not bothered to read it have you ?
    Of course I have read it, you are quite happy to have Isis members let into the country!

Heisenberg

Actually under Bangladesh law, as her mother is Bangladesh, she is regard by them as Bangladeshi!
    Amazing. Is it just Banhgladeshi law that you're familiar with or may I come to you with questions about Mongolian law too?

Rs3100 She is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship so the government is not breaking international law, and as for your "as far as reported in the media", have you actually heard hear interviews, it is a out of her own mouth that she has said what was reported by the media!
    She may be entitled to it, but what happens if they say "no, you ain't having it!" which is what I would do if I were them.

Exactly, reported by the media. The media are free to edit and report things as fits their desire. Trial by media has never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You're missing the point, though. She's British. She's never been to Bangladesh or wherever people think she's from. There's so much shit around that it's hard to know what's real. We should get her back and lock her up. This is a one off but what if it wasn't. Well, we did it for Shamima Begum, so we can do it again. Currently, she is stateless and she is not a citizen of Bangladesh which the home office are trying to argue.

I don't think anyone on here wants her back or has any sympathy for her whatsoever but I don't think a government should ever decide who is and isn't a citizen, especially by birth. It leads us down a very slippery slope of who's really British, who's a bit British etc. Currently, Javid won't be able to get this through either. Bangladesh aren't going to want to be lumbered with her, so they won't give her a passport. Also there have been IS fighters (she wasn't a combatant) who have come back and haven't had their citizenship revoked so there's precedent there. It's classic Tory posturing straight out of Theresa May's handbook.
    It's a case of "we'll do this to satisfy the baying mob, and when she wins her case on appeal we can just say that we tried".

SHE HASN'T GOT BANGLADESHI CITIZENSHIP. She has to apply, and guess what, they'll tell her where to go.

She's British, as she was born here. I don't want to start dicking about with citizenship status by birthright. It's a very slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Amazing. Is it just Banhgladeshi law that you're familiar with or may I come to you with questions about Mongolian law too?
    Google is a wonderful thing, perhaps you should try it rather than being sarcastic!

Textbook igovernor

She doesn’t have Bangladeshi citizenship, why do you think they should give it to her? Why should they be “quite happy to have Isis members let into the country”?

SHE HASN'T GOT BANGLADESHI CITIZENSHIP. She has to apply, and guess what, they'll tell her where to go.

She's British, as she was born here. I don't want to start dicking about with citizenship status by birthright. It's a very slippery slope.
    They cannot refuse her as that is their law! Try using google, it really is easy!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Textbook igovernor
    Is it an act? He cannot actually be this oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is it an act? He cannot actually be this oblivious.
    Yes i may be as oblivious as you, or maybe not!

Oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson

They cannot refuse her as that is their law! Try using google, it really is easy!
    Citizenship by birthright is our law. Try reading the post, it really is easy.

Of course I have read it, you are quite happy to have Isis members let into the country!
    But that’s not the point of the discussion. The point is should the government be able to strip a citizen of their status without a trial. And if they are is that really the best thing to do rather than have her in prison and being monitored?

Why do you think it’s ok that the rest of the world have to deal with her and not us even though she’s British?

Heisenberg

Google is a wonderful thing, perhaps you should try it rather than being sarcastic!
    I don't think a 5-second Google is going to help me understand the intricacies of the Bangladeshi laws on citizenship - just like it wouldn't for you. Sarcasm is the only way to address someone who continuously posts bullshit on here which proves to be false.

Yes i may be as oblivious as you, or maybe not!
    I’m not being funny pal but I’d give it a rest you’re coming across as being completely ignorant at best.

Citizenship by birthright is our law. Try reading the post, it really is easy.
    You are missing the point here, i am stating that she can have Banglidashi citizenship, so the government can revoke her uk right as she would not be made stateless!

What bit don’t you get about radicalisation. How old was she when the radicalisation started 11,12,13? Are we now saying that no matter how old a child was when they were radicalised, that child has to be held responsible for their actions? We need to find those doing the radicalisation if we are to stop in happening again. We need her brought back to be questioned and prosecuted if appropriate. We need to stop these women being oppressed and coerced by MEN! And to stop them being used to produce the next babies who become jehadis.