+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You are missing the point here, i am stating that she can have Banglidashi citizenship, so the government can revoke her uk right as she would not be made stateless!
    But as she doesn't have it as yet Bangladesh could just tell her to go do one.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    No disrespect but this country has become a country of SNOWFLAKES, soft as FCUK

You can't say this, you can't do that ........ couple of snowflakes fall, all the schools close (health and safety) people don't even bother going into work. Teachers can't even discipline pupils it's absolutely pathetic.

Children suing their own parents - fcuking joke

So it pleases me to see this little tw@t who ran away to Syria to join the Islamic state get what she rightfully deserves
    That is the trouble with the UK too many good-doers if this board is anything to go by, which I guess it's not. Anyone on here that says she should be brought back and tried is living in cloud cuckoo land. She would probably not get more than 6 years and serve 3, then she would be living off the taxpayer, free house, free free council tax, child benefit, and more than likely disability allowance ( as the poor girl will say she has mental problems) having lived under Isis, also a new identity, and police protection, all paid for by the taxpayer.

If she had said that she made a mistake going out to join Isis and that she regrets it, and was appalled by all the be-headings and murders that ISIS committed and not stating that the Manchester bombings were justified, she may have had some sympathy, ( but not from me) for as as far as I am concerned she would only be lying.

How could any of you on here want to let her back into the UK, and not just her but anyone that went out to support ISIS, I really cannot understand, you must either be crackers, or are arguing for her just to be argumentative, or have really low intelligence!
    How depressing are these two posts? Like a summary of the insidious, poisonous shite that’s been put out by our right wing press in the last few years.

No attempt to understand that situations are complex and that all actions have consequences. Just ignorant superlatives and made up “facts”.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't think a 5-second Google is going to help me understand the intricacies of the Bangladeshi laws on citizenship - just like it wouldn't for you. Sarcasm is the only way to address someone who continuously posts bullshit on here which proves to be false.
    And you don't post bullshit,

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    But as she doesn't have it as yet Bangladesh could just tell her to go do one.
    Under their law they cannot do that!

Heisenberg

And you don't post bullshit,
    Thanks for saying that, I appreciate it.

You are missing the point here, i am stating that she can have Banglidashi citizenship, so the government can revoke her uk right as she would not be made stateless!
    I'm missing the point? Jesus Christ.

1, that's extremely debatable. I'd like to see that get through a court of human rights
    2, can you not see that messing with someone's citizenship without a trial is a bit dodgy? Especially when she was born here. She's British, not Bangladeshi. End of. Why should we lumber Bangladesh with her?

You say, well she's Bangladeshi and she has to be. It's our law that says she's British, and we're trying to revoke that. If Bangladesh said, she's got to apply and guess what, sod off who do you think is going to have the stronger case? The country where she was born and raised, or the country where she's never been?

Heisenberg

Are we really supposed to trust your Googling skills after you said that City had sent the bank transfer to Nantes on the day of Sala's signing? That post hasn't aged well.

Imagine being arrogant enough to think you understand everything about Bangladeshi law just by skimming the Wikipedia page ffs

Igovenor has missed every single point. His only argument is she’s bad she has to go.

He has had it pointed out to him non stop over the last 2 pages but still can’t see the wood for the trees.

Igovenor do you not think it sets a dangerous precedent that if the government can revoke citizenship in this one case without a trial it gives them carte blanche to do this again in other less deserving cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are we really supposed to trust your Googling skills after you said that City had sent the bank transfer to Nantes on the day of Sala's signing? That post hasn't aged well.
    Lord Carlile was on the BBC Breakfast reiterating the point about automatic Bangladeshi citizenship. The point the UK government will argue is that she shouldn't have to apply for it, so by us revoking her citizenship she hasn't been left stateless.

You'll prove yourself right if you just post the link.

Why should Bangladesh have to take her though? Do we think they’re more deserving of a terrorist than us?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Igovenor do you not think it sets a dangerous precedent that if the government can revoke citizenship in this one case without a trial it gives them carte blanche to do this again in other less deserving cases?
    Of course I do, but the point is I do not want her back in the UK, what the government should do is revoke her passport which is quite legal, it is not a legal right she then cannot travel without one, unless she come in on a smugglers boat, having said that, apparently she does not have one as when she left she used her sisters passport!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Lord Carlile was on the BBC Breakfast reiterating the point about automatic Bangladeshi citizenship. The point the UK government will argue is that she shouldn't have to apply for it, so by us revoking her citizenship she hasn't been left stateless.

Of course I do, but the point is I do not want her back in the UK, what the government should do is revoke her passport which is quite legal, it is not a legal right she then cannot travel without one, unless she come in on a smugglers boat, having said that, apparently she does not have one as when she left she used her sisters passport!
    So you think it does set a dangerous precedent but are still happy to have it happen? Do you not see the problems this could cause?

They’re not revoking her passport they’re revoking her citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You'll prove yourself right if you just post the link.
    As her father is Bangladesh and her mother has dual nationality, uk and Bangladesh, all they have to do is register her at any of their consulates, as they would not do that or have not done that, then that surely means that she would not be stateless, as she can automatically become a citizen of Bangladesh! Here is the link for you.

http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/sections...ctions_id=7472

I'm not familiar with any of the details really. What has she done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not familiar with any of the details really. What has she done?
    Generally? Or what crimes she has committed?

Generally? Or what crimes she has committed?
    Crimes I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Crimes I guess
    I don’t think any have been reported outside of supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm thinking of Trump's attempted Muslim ban. Boris could be our next PM and it's not beyond the realms that he'd attempt one. Is our system as robust as the Americans to overturn it? I don't think so.

We could ban all visitors from selected countries, Somalia, Syria, wherever, and next turf out anyone living here from those countries or with heritage from them. It's the natural step. And I guarantee there are people reading this post who think "good, let's do it".
    Or Maybe, just maybe we take this case as the individual case it is, hopefully it has set a precedence that if you go and renounce your western ways in exchange for joining a terrorist group ( as that is what they did when they left the UK to travel to turkey and be smuggled across the border to Syria and Daesh's caliphate ), but to automatically jump to the next use of this is just hypothetical and really serves little purpose in this discussion.

we could just see it for what it is, the government acting on the will of the people is serves ( i use that term loosely ), a good % of people wouldnt want her walking around free in the UK, afterall, who knows what training she has had ( it is no good putting her on trial as she will just say " oh i was only a wife and a baby machine, i did nothing wrong " )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Or Maybe, just maybe we take this case as the individual case it is, hopefully it has set a precedence that if you go and renounce your western ways in exchange for joining a terrorist group ( as that is what they did when they left the UK to travel to turkey and be smuggled across the border to Syria and Daesh's caliphate ), but to automatically jump to the next use of this is just hypothetical and really serves little purpose in this discussion.

we could just see it for what it is, the government acting on the will of the people is serves ( i use that term loosely ), a good % of people wouldnt want her walking around free in the UK, afterall, who knows what training she has had ( it is no good putting her on trial as she will just say " oh i was only a wife and a baby machine, i did nothing wrong " )
    She is saying she was just a housewife

I don’t think any have been reported outside of supporting ISIS.
    Hopefully Swansea supporters will be next to have it revoked at least

but to automatically jump to the next use of this is just hypothetical and really serves little purpose in this discussion.
    Yeah you’re right their is no history of a British government abusing power like this. Why worry!

As her father is Bangladesh and her mother has dual nationality, uk and Bangladesh, all they have to do is register her at any of their consulates, as they would not do that or have not done that, then that surely means that she would not be stateless, as she can automatically become a citizen of Bangladesh! Here is the link for you.

http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/sections...2§ions_id=7472
    This is what her being 'eligible to apply' means. It doesn't mean she has it. She would still need to go through some sort of paperwork whether or not there was a 100% chance of her getting it.

So for as long as she doesn't apply, she won't be a citizen of Bangladesh.