+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Or Maybe, just maybe we take this case as the individual case it is, hopefully it has set a precedence that if you go and renounce your western ways in exchange for joining a terrorist group ( as that is what they did when they left the UK to travel to turkey and be smuggled across the border to Syria and Daesh's caliphate ), but to automatically jump to the next use of this is just hypothetical and really serves little purpose in this discussion.

we could just see it for what it is, the government acting on the will of the people is serves ( i use that term loosely ), a good % of people wouldnt want her walking around free in the UK, afterall, who knows what training she has had ( it is no good putting her on trial as she will just say " oh i was only a wife and a baby machine, i did nothing wrong " )
    Yeah, if we're being naive we can do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah you’re right their is no history of a British government abusing power like this. Why worry!
    800 IS fighters are back (so say the Home Office), when she was essentially trafficked to Syria. But hey, let's focus on the girl and not the actual terrorists. It's all very, very odd.

Yeah I’m surprised this girl is getting more attention than any of the lads that were actually fighting out there. I think it’s an easy win for the home office by placating the baying mob.

I wouldn’t trus Javid as far as I could throw him, he’s going to be even worse than May was by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is what her being 'eligible to apply' means. It doesn't mean she has it. She would still need to go through some sort of paperwork whether or not there was a 100% chance of her getting it.

So for as long as she doesn't apply, she won't be a citizen of Bangladesh.
    Missing the point again she is elligble for bangladesh citizenship automatically if you read the link properly, wether she applies or not it means she would not be stateless she also has the option which she has stated to go to holland as a wife of a citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Missing the point again she is elligble for bangladesh citizenship automatically if you read the link properly, wether she applies or not it means she would not be stateless she also has the option which she has stated to go to holland as a wife of a citizen
    It still completely misses the point that is this actually good that the government has this sort of power though doesn’t it?

People seem obsessed with this one girl without any thoughts of the other potential problems this could cause in future.

No, that's exactly what I said, and said about two pages ago. She can apply but she doesn't have it now. If the UK revoked her citizenship today then she'd be stateless as she hasn't applied and been granted it from Bangladesh. Do you think they don't need any paperwork? What if someone doesn't want Bangladeshi citizenship, do you think it's forced upon them?

But again, this is about a specific case. The general picture is what people in this thread are worried about, not just her.

EDIT: Let me put that another way. Anyone who has the username igovernor is automatically entitled to ten quid from me. Is that ten quid in your pocket now?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Or Maybe, just maybe we take this case as the individual case it is, hopefully it has set a precedence that if you go and renounce your western ways in exchange for joining a terrorist group ( as that is what they did when they left the UK to travel to turkey and be smuggled across the border to Syria and Daesh's caliphate ), but to automatically jump to the next use of this is just hypothetical and really serves little purpose in this discussion.

we could just see it for what it is, the government acting on the will of the people is serves ( i use that term loosely ), a good % of people wouldnt want her walking around free in the UK, afterall, who knows what training she has had ( it is no good putting her on trial as she will just say " oh i was only a wife and a baby machine, i did nothing wrong " )
    Wouldn't it be a solution for her (and anyone else in a similar position) to be interviewed in situ by a government official who could ascertain some facts and obtain statements upon which any decision could be made - and the reasons for those decisions to be on record even if it means denying entry into the UK. Reacting solely on comments gleaned from TV interviews and on public opinion is a dengerous path to follow.

Igovenor right now:

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I just don't get it

She left the UK with other girls at the age of 15 and fled to Syria to become an Islamic state bride, they married Islamic state soldiers that murdered innocent woman and children and beheaded Christians, wed in Sharia law which means she was most probably treated worse than an animal and now that everything has gone tits up she wants to come back to the UK to bring her child up most proberbly wanting to live off benefits

So some of you want her to be brought back to the UK and face the full brunt of the Law, she will be found guilty and end up living a comfortable 10 years in a lovely prison cell receiving 3 square meals a day and a nice comfortable bed to sleep in every night ...... not to worry because the tax payer will foot the bill

Let me know if I've missed anything out
    What crimes has she committed? I haven't particularly followed the story, so has she killed anyone or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Lord Carlile was on the BBC Breakfast reiterating the point about automatic Bangladeshi citizenship. The point the UK government will argue is that she shouldn't have to apply for it, so by us revoking her citizenship she hasn't been left stateless.
    At the very very very very very least, the Bangladeshis would need an address to send her the welcome letter even if they do absolutely no other checks, so I can't see where this 'shouldn't have to apply' comes from.

Glad the government can bypass the rule of law because you’re scared of the bogeyman Muslims?

The state of the absolute bootlickers in this country. Calling others snowflakes when they’re so scared of Muslims they’re happy for the government to forget how the law works.
    Not scared at all, you reap what you sow I guess. It was a terribly silly mistake to make for a teenager eh? Bit like having a party when your parents go away for the weekend in our day.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not scared at all, you reap what you sow I guess. It was a terribly silly mistake to make for a teenager eh? Bit like having a party when your parents go away for the weekend in our day.....
    SHE WAS RADICALISED WHEN SHE WAS A CHILD.

It would be alright if we were absolutely sure that the only people who reap are the ones who sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What crimes has she committed? I haven't particularly followed the story, so has she killed anyone or anything?
    It is illegal to aid terrorist organisations

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ganisations--2

when I had a party at my house none of my mate beheaded anyone - couple of my dads roses but not actual people.

No, that's exactly what I said, and said about two pages ago. She can apply but she doesn't have it now. If the UK revoked her citizenship today then she'd be stateless as she hasn't applied and been granted it from Bangladesh. Do you think they don't need any paperwork? What if someone doesn't want Bangladeshi citizenship, do you think it's forced upon them?

But again, this is about a specific case. The general picture is what people in this thread are worried about, not just her.

EDIT: Let me put that another way. Anyone who has the username igovernor is automatically entitled to ten quid from me. Is that ten quid in your pocket now?
    So you think you know what the meaning behind the username Igovernor is? think again you have no idea!

So you think you know what the meaning behind the username Igovernor is? think again you have no idea!
    What??????

Igovenor right now:

Ah! the usual suspect strikes again, so you don't properly read the link I posted and you lose the argument, so try to make fun of me, like I should worry what a prick like you posts!

What??????
    Exactly, too dull to understand!

I must be dull as well, as I don't know what the **** you're blathering on about either.

FairPlay Igovernor you’ve had a mare in this thread.

Ok, I'm going to persevere. I don't know why you think I was talking about the meaning of your username, absolutely no idea why you responded with that, but there we go. Let's forget that.

The link you gave before was actually pretty informative, so let's say she ticks all the boxes and would be granted citizenship there. She still needs to provide them with information. She still needs to fill in a form with her parents' details to show why she is eligible. The authorities don't just 'know' this. She was born in Britain so Bangladesh may not have any record of her existence whatsoever. She also then needs to get some kind of documentation in return to say "yes, you are a Bangladeshi citizen", be it a card or whatever.

This is what I mean by applying. We can see that it doesn't drop out of the skies automatically because she's NOT A BANGLADESHI CITIZEN NOW even if she is 100% legally entitled to be called one.

If she doesn't pick up a pen and fill in the form, it won't happen.

Ok, I'm going to persevere. I don't know why you think I was talking about the meaning of your username, absolutely no idea why you responded with that, but there we go. Let's forget that.

The link you gave before was actually pretty informative, so let's say she ticks all the boxes and would be granted citizenship there. She still needs to provide them with information. She still needs to fill in a form with her parents' details to show why she is eligible. The authorities don't just 'know' this. She was born in Britain so Bangladesh may not have any record of her existence whatsoever. She also then needs to get some kind of documentation in return to say "yes, you are a Bangladeshi citizen", be it a card or whatever.

This is what I mean by applying. We can see that it doesn't drop out of the skies automatically because she's NOT A BANGLADESHI CITIZEN NOW even if she is 100% legally entitled to be called one.

If she doesn't pick up a pen and fill in the form, it won't happen.
    Quite agree, about form filling but as you see in the link as her mother and father are Bangladesh she is according to their laws a Bangladesh citizen by descent.

Quite agree, about form filling but as you see in the link as her mother and father are Bangladesh she is according to their laws a Bangladesh citizen by descent.
    But what Lardy is saying that until she fills in, signs, sends off the form and gets her approval back she is not officially a Bangladeshi citizen, even if she is entitled to it, and therefore by revoking her British citizenship with out her having her Bangladeshi membership card the UK are making her stateless.

What the hell are you on about?