+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: RESULT Shamima Begum

Re: RESULT Shamima Begum

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "If the person remains in the UK, their Bangladeshi citizenship remains in existence but dormant."

As I said (repeatedly), it might be automatic but she still needs to do something to activate it. No country gives citizenship without paperwork.
    You say tomato I say tomAto,told you yesterday that she had automatic citizenship, you never said it was automatic along with many, that was my whole point, and I did agree if you want to check that she would have to activate it

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You say tomato I say tomAto,told you yesterday that she had automatic citizenship, you never said it was automatic along with many, that was my whole point, and I did agree if you want to check that she would have to activate it

I gave three different hypothetical examples of someone being entitled to something automatically but having to do something to get it.

I still don't quite understand why it's within Britain's power to refuse her citizenship, but not within Bangladesh's power.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    will be interesting to watch how that pans out aswell
    Especially since Trump has previously asked European 'allies' to take back ISIS fighters and make them stand trial... 2 days ago. (oops... 4 days ago )

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    How on Earth are you still digging ffs

So the government doesn't find it easy to abuse power now because questions are asked on social media and keeps them in check.

Yet in this thread you are criticising people for doing exactly that

"Oh the old, It went on in the past, so it will happen in the future school of thought

I feel safe in the knowledge that Your good self and Lardy wouldnt just stand by and let the Government abuse its power, I can sleep safe in that knowledge

Or we can always look at everything in life with suspicion and mistrust, what a joyful life that must be "

Just for reference, sentence 1 and 3 we not a criticism of people raising question and challenging the governments actions, they were more i did not agree with the statements made

sentence one were purely that i do agree with that statement that just because the government have abused power in the past that they will do it again ( sure they might )

sentence three, i do not agree with that outlook in life, where everything has to be one of suspicion and mistrust, it is hardly balanced, it was in response to your post about me being naive, somewhere between is the balance

sentence two, now this was a bit of a sarcastic backhanded compliment, I do feel that the government will not have free reign in abusing the power they have due to people like you and croesy ( and many others on the net ) which was the whole point of my post, what people can do about it is another matter, but the example above i gave about the ferry fiasco just goes to prove the point, our government no longer have free reign to abuse power

I hope that has cleared up that misunderstanding and any offence it might have caused

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Especially since Trump has previously asked European 'allies' to take back ISIS fighters and make them stand trial... 2 days ago. (oops... 4 days ago )

Fox news had a story this morning on it, I guess it will be taken out of trumps hands, so he can say it wasnt his decision

Just for reference, sentence 1 and 3 we not a criticism of people raising question and challenging the governments actions, they were more i did not agree with the statements made

sentence one were purely that i do agree with that statement that just because the government have abused power in the past that they will do it again ( sure they might )

sentence three, i do not agree with that outlook in life, where everything has to be one of suspicion and mistrust, it is hardly balanced, it was in response to your post about me being naive, somewhere between is the balance

sentence two, now this was a bit of a sarcastic backhanded compliment, I do feel that the government will not have free reign in abusing the power they have due to people like you and croesy ( and many others on the net ) which was the whole point of my post, what people can do about it is another matter, but the example above i gave about the ferry fiasco just goes to prove the point, our government no longer have free reign to abuse power

I hope that has cleared up that misunderstanding and any offence it might have caused
    there's no way you meant that as a compliment...

What are me and Lardy going to do?! You’ve got literal journalists reporting on Aaron Banks links to Russia and the Meuller report and the bbc or the government aren’t even looking at it.

Matt would work for the department of truth until the day he died because he was a glass half full kinda guy.

there's no way you meant that as a compliment...
    sarcastic backhanded compliment, you missed another bit of my post, you appear to do that occasionally , you missed the " finding it easy " from a previous post, are you using a phone to use this board, maybe the text size is too small for you

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Trump won the election due to alleged Russian interference, the whole of Twitter know about it but it’s changed nothing. How can you say the government can’t get away with stuff like this any more because of social media?
    Amended for you.
    Unless of course you have some irrefutable proof of which the CIA the DNS FBI and Homeland, with all their resources are collectively and/or severally so far unaware of course!!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Amended for you.
    Unless of course you have some irrefutable proof of which the CIA the DNS FBI and Homeland, with all their resources are collectively and/or severally so far unaware of course!!
    Except that all of those agencies have agreed that Russia interfered in the 2016 US Presidential Election...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-comments.html

American intelligence agencies and both parties on Capitol Hill are in consensus that, as Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, said, “Russia conducted an unprecedented influence campaign to interfere in the U.S. electoral and political process.”

The federal and congressional intelligence and national security groups that have stated that Russia interfered in the election:

1. Central Intelligence Agency

2. Office of the Director of National Intelligence

3. F.B.I.

4. National Security Agency

5. Justice Department

6. Department of Homeland Security

7. House Intelligence Committee

8. Senate Intelligence Committee

Nothing alleged about the indictments that have already happened.

Why do conspiracy theorists stop believing that conspiracies are possible when there’s proof?

Almost like the ones that don’t back up a far right agenda aren’t interesting to them 🤔.

Amended for you.
    Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies that we know of — the latest being longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone.

Amended for you.
    Saving this post so I can stop calling you an alleged dick head

Just saw this in an article:

2006-2016 - deprivation of citizenship if conducive to the public good was used 50 times

2017 - 104 times

It was not used at all between 1973 and 2002

It’s not being used even when national security is not at stake. Lucky Matt is only focussing on this one issue though.

If I was a British citizen with parents who had a different heritage I’d be scared. They’ve basically become second class citizens. If citizenship has become easily revocable is it even citizenship? Seems like it’s become a visa.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

She says today she’s willing to change

If so That changes everything

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

I'm not sure what her current living arrangements are, but you have to wonder how able to speak freely she is

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

If she is willing to change that shirley means that she hasn't yet, which could lead someone to assume she will only change if it suits what she wants.. not really a good basis to begin from is it?

If the whole issue regarding Shamima Begum has proved something, it's that Britain does indeed control its own borders, not the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not sure what her current living arrangements are, but you have to wonder how able to speak freely she is
    What would you suggest then? I don’t think this women should see the light of day

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If the whole issue regarding Shamima Begum has proved something, it's that Britain does indeed control its own borders, not the EU.
    That's a great point.

That's a great point.
    One, I fear, which won't be too popular.

sarcastic backhanded compliment, you missed another bit of my post, you appear to do that occasionally , you missed the " finding it easy " from a previous post, are you using a phone to use this board, maybe the text size is too small for you
    There's no way you meant it as a compliment, whether sarcastic and backhanded or not. You contradicted yourself and you're trying to get out with semantics and pedantry.

Nobody rewrites every single word of a post they are referring to, it's pointless when the post is there for all to see. If you have to resort to this to get some kind of rebuttal then it's quite telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One, I fear, which won't be too popular.
    The U.K.always has our government just couldn’t be bothered with them. Other European countries manage it much better than us.