+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sala contract "potentially invalid"..........

Sala contract "potentially invalid"..........

according to the Daily Telegraph - unable to post a link at the moment I'm afraid.

Heisenberg

Re: Sala contract "potentially invalid"..........

I wonder what Martin Samuel has to say about that?

I can only shake my head in disbelief. Such a sad occurrence leads to such a public mud slinging exercise, magnified by a frenzied media.

Man this is so sad to read about. Wish it was all behind closed doors but here we go.

Also Martin Samuel in shambles, his disgraceful hit piece has even more holes now

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I can only shake my head in disbelief. Such a sad occurrence leads to such a public mud slinging exercise, magnified by a frenzied media.
    It’s awful

Bloody hell.

15 mill is 15 mill

I guess we can kiss goodbye to a friendly with Nantes

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    15 mill is 15 mill

I guess we can kiss goodbye to a friendly with Nantes
    I reckon the twinning of the cities is even in doubt

It seems now that the Sala family may not be eligible for a payment of £600,000 that would have been due to them. The PFA are, apparently, going to push for the payment to be made and I would like to think that, if the story is true, that City would also get involved in this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-miss-15863373

Yeah I hope his family get their payment at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It seems now that the Sala family may not be eligible for a payment of £600,000 that would have been due to them. The PFA are, apparently, going to push for the payment to be made and I would like to think that, if the story is true, that City would also get involved in this.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-miss-15863373
    The PFA will only honour the payment to the family if the Trustees of the Pension scheme agree. Trustees are very tightly controlled by the legislation in which they operate. The PFA know that so possibly made their comment in the knowledge their scheme will not pay up. Possibly the PFA will have other means to pay but I doubt very much whether it will come from the pension scheme. Of course if Sala was a registered player the family will get their payment and Cardiff will have to pay the £15m but if not it will be down to the generosity of the club to do the right thing. I hope they do but that is only my opinion. Sadly, but inevitably, this is becoming a very messy affair with the tragic loss of life becoming incidental to the money involved.

It seems that there is some substance to the club's claim that Sala was not a fully registered Cardiff City player

"Cardiff plan to use Sala’s Premier League registration status to argue he was not their player when he died almost a month ago. They have also written to Nantes seeking evidence the French club had fully deregistered the Argentinian prior to the January 21 crash."

Maybe those flags reading 'Emiliano Sala - Forever A Bluebird' should be amended to read 'Emiliano Sala - Never A Bluebird'.....

Why does the media keep referring to Sala as City's record signing? Isn't that a bit daft under the circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "Cardiff plan to use Sala’s Premier League registration status to argue he was not their player when he died almost a month ago. They have also written to Nantes seeking evidence the French club had fully deregistered the Argentinian prior to the January 21 crash."

Maybe those flags reading 'Emiliano Sala - Forever A Bluebird' should be amended to read 'Emiliano Sala - Never A Bluebird'.....

Why does the media keep referring to Sala as City's record signing? Isn't that a bit daft under the circumstances?
    This situation is going from bad to worse, The emotional strain put on the club throughout the tragedy that we all witnessed, and now even more gut wrenching as the club look into the technicalities in order not to pay the transfer fee-Absolutely awful.

International

I'd love to know who decided that this is City's "PLAN". Obviously someone well in-the-know at the club who can be trusted to keep his mouth shut!!!
    Oh hang on..........................

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'd love to know who decided that this is City's "PLAN". Obviously someone well in-the-know at the club who can be trusted to keep his mouth shut!!!
    I don’t know who’s decided on the club’s plans, but I don’t think it’s too difficult to work out who keeps feeding the press their information.

It is a terrible tragedy by all means. But as a football club we already had problems signing players. Looking across supporters boards, most clubs regard us as ***** not honoring our agreement. Short term and long term. Which way do we get the short end of this deal? Hoping we come out on top on this one, because if not.

I, like many, hope the club honour this contract/fee regardless, but the above just seems like you're enjoying the circus around it and Cardiff making a meal of this. Shite post

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I, like many, hope the club honour this contract/fee regardless, but the above just seems like you're enjoying the circus around it and Cardiff making a meal of this. Shite post
    He is loving it, make no mistake about that.

Could apply the banners to you as well mate. We get it, you hate the club, get a life

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    It is a terrible tragedy by all means. But as a football club we already had problems signing players. Looking across supporters boards, most clubs regard us as ***** not honoring our agreement. Short term and long term. Which way do we get the short end of this deal? Hoping we come out on top on this one, because if not.
    Who cares what other supporters think? They aren't reading past headlines. If there is no agreement to honour then Nantes aren't entitled to a penny as morbid as the situation is.

I doubt this will impact us going forward with new signings, if a club wants to sell and we are able to match their asking price, why would they refuse to work with us? I'm sure there will be different precautions put in place to ensure all paperwork is completed ASAP, but other than that? Not sure why there would be a problem.

The strategy is as much driven by the insurance company as the club. Before paying out the club will be expected to mitigate their loss before any insurance payout is approved. It is sad the loss of human life is now about money but that is the way of the World I'm afraid.

This is not a technicality as mentioned earlier; if there is no contract how can there be a payout by CCFC for a player who they don't lawfully own?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Who cares what other supporters think? They aren't reading past headlines. If there is no agreement to honour then Nantes aren't entitled to a penny as morbid as the situation is.

I doubt this will impact us going forward with new signings, if a club wants to sell and we are able to match their asking price, why would they refuse to work with us? I'm sure there will be different precautions put in place to ensure all paperwork is completed ASAP, but other than that? Not sure why there would be a problem.
    I think our reputation is worth more than the Sala transfer Kitty. And I believe it will cost us more in the long run. What supporters think is just a symptom IMO. That was my point, only.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So, WHO is the 'someone well in-the-know at the club who can be trusted to keep his mouth shut!!!' ??

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The strategy is as much driven by the insurance company as the club. Before paying out the club will be expected to mitigate their loss before any insurance payout is approved. It is sad the loss of human life is now about money but that is the way of the World I'm afraid.

This is not a technicality as mentioned earlier; if there is no contract how can there be a payout by CCFC for a player who they don't lawfully own?
    I think that pretty much sums it up, a tragic situation where two people have lost their lives, but if insurance companies are involved they will demand every scrap of evidence be poured over with a fine tooth comb by the brightest legal brains they can afford to find a way out of not paying, if they legally can, I think this sadly will run longer than the Mousetrap