+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Satellite Installers in Cardiff

OT Satellite Installers in Cardiff

A colleague in work wants to set up his dish (not Sky) to point to a specific satellite. He’s from Bulgaria and wants to pick up channels from there. He has the direction he needs to point towards but needs someone with the correct tool/gauge/whatever it’s called to adjust the dish correctly. He’s tried a couple of places but either they “only do Sky” or want to charge a small fortune. Does anyone have any recommendations ? Ta.

Re: OT Satellite Installers in Cardiff

What satellite does he want? Astra 1 is easily accessible as is Hotbird on a standard size dish but if he wants something else a larger than Sky dish will probably be required. If the satellte is Astra1 you only have to turn the dish about 1cm to the right and make minor adjustments to the elevation. The type of digibox is also important as most have an inbuilt satellite finder.

Hi Vindec, he’s trying to get Intelsat 904 (I think that’s right), he has an 88cm dish and a decoder already, he just needs help pointing the dish in the right direction. Looking around online, it should be at 45E.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Hi Vindec, he’s trying to get Intelsat 904 (I think that’s right), he has an 88cm dish and a decoder already, he just needs help pointing the dish in the right direction. Looking around online, it should be at 45E.
    A couple of suggestions. Sky get its TV from the Astra 2b satellite at 28.2 degrees east. If you look at nearby sky dishes it would seem that you could work out the direction for 45 degrees east (of south). There is also a dish pointer app where you can use your phone to align your dish. There is also a dishpointer website which might be worth a try.

OK I’ll pass that on, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A couple of suggestions. Sky get its TV from the Astra 2b satellite at 28.2 degrees east. If you look at nearby sky dishes it would seem that you could work out the direction for 45 degrees east (of south). There is also a dish pointer app where you can use your phone to align your dish. There is also a dishpointer website which might be worth a try.
    For many years I also have a dish pointed at the Astra 1 satellite at 19.2 degrees east in order to maintain my German. It is teeming with German language free-to-air channels - and until a year or two ago it was possible to watch Champions League games when they were only available on British TV via subscription channels. However, the situation has now changed and those games are no longer free-to-air either

I texted a customer of mine who fits dishes, he said just us the iphone app

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins View Post
    👍

This is a good site to use

https://www.dishpointer.com/

It tells you the setup for your satellite and angle it should be etc. Another tip for him is to put it on a Free to Air Bulgarian channel (BNT World, NKTV Evrokom)(you mentioned he had a decoder) that he now will clear. When he is on the dish then by moving it slowly he will be able to pick up the tv channel. So he might need somebody in the house watching it for him or turn the tv up very loud.
    Just be patient with it and small movements is the key to it.

Thanks fella, I’ll pass that along too.