+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Foulds. What a man.

Tony Foulds. What a man.

Sheffield bomber crash: Fly-past due on 75th anniversary http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-47323045

Re: Tony Foulds. What a man.

Kudos to him for remembering those airmen.

But even more kudos to those airmen who died, trying to avoid crashing into the boys and surrounding houses.
    They could have bailed out and trusted to luck as to where the plane would crash.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Kudos to him for remembering those airmen.

But even more kudos to those airmen who died, trying to avoid crashing into the boys and surrounding houses.
    They could have bailed out and trusted to luck as to where the plane would crash.
    He wells up every time the memory is brought back and has said he has and still does still feel guilt about the incident bless him.
    Nice tributes from one of the airmen's family sat with him.

Every time I’ve seen him on the TV it’s brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful fro him that he’s getting the recognition and his fly past.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Every time I’ve seen him on the TV it’s brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful fro him that he’s getting the recognition and his fly past.
    Wonderful man and an amazing story of his chance meeting with Dan Walker.Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Saw him on the One Show the other night, very emotional, what a thoroughly decent human being, we could all take a leaf out his book.

That really got to me watching it this morning, I was really moved. Those US airmen were so young

Beyond words that the memorial he so much worships got vandalised a while back, but it’s been sorted, and hopefully it won’t happen again.
    Tony is a real inspiration and really shows the human side of war.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 22-02-19 at 12:01. Reason: Spelling

Nice to have a story like this on the MB reflecting on good as opposed to some of the other stuff right now.