+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 5 WATFORD. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 5 WATFORD. Match thread

Referee: Simon Hooper
    Assistants: Scott Ledger, Derek Eaton
    Fourth official: David Coote

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WATFORD. Match thread

Think I will be glad if we get a draw against Watford.

• Cardiff have lost just one of their last six home league meetings with Watford (W4 D1), though it was the last such match in December 2014 (2-4).
    • Watford are looking to secure their first league double over Cardiff since the 2005-06 campaign, when they were in the Championship.
    • Cardiff won their only previous Premier League game played on a Friday, beating Wolves 2-1 back in November.
    • Cardiff are looking to win three consecutive top-flight league games for the first time since February 1961.
    • Watford have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four Premier League matches, as many as they had in their last 21 in the competition. They're looking to record three consecutive league shutouts for the first time since September 2017.
    • No team has scored more 90th-minute goals in the Premier League this season than Cardiff (5), with three of those being winning goals - also a joint league-high.
    • 21% of Cardiff's Premier League goals this season have been scored by their substitutes (5/24), the highest ratio in the division.
    • Cardiff have already won as many Premier League games this season (7/26) as they did in their previous campaign in the competition in 2013-14 (7/38).
    • This will be Cardiff manager Neil Warnock's 38th meeting with Watford in all competitions (W13 D7 L17), making them the club he's faced the most in his managerial career. Against no other side has he lost more games than he has against the Hornets (17, also vs Reading).
    • All 10 of Watford's Premier League victories this season have come with Abdoulaye Doucoure in the starting lineup, with the Hornets failing to win all four games the Frenchman has not started (D3 L1).

GKs are out on the pitch but Etheridge isn’t there. Hope he’s just a bit slow getting his boots on.

Panic over, he’s in the side.

Morrison back

Arter, Ralls and Bacuna in midfield, Camarasa not in the squad. Warnock changing things up a bit. Looking forward to seeing what Bacuna can do given his solid performance in the brief spells he’s had so far.

Or could Bacuna be in to make up a back 5 ?

Morris and Callum.. Here we go...

Im not sure throwing Morrison back in is a good idea I hope I'm wrong

Watford absolutely destroyed us for 80 mins in the reverse fixture - hope we learn from that. Their front six is a pretty impressive line up actually.

If we’re all action and pressing hard, I think we have a chance of 3 points. If we sit back and play a similar style to the Southampton game I think they’ll pick us off and we’ll lose. Can’t see it being 0-0, but wouldn’t be too disappointed if I’m proved wrong in that

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Arter, Ralls and Bacuna in midfield, Camarasa not in the squad. Warnock changing things up a bit. Looking forward to seeing what Bacuna can do given his solid performance in the brief spells he’s had so far.

Or could Bacuna be in to make up a back 5 ?
    I’d have been sure it was a back 5 if Murphy wasn’t in the starting line up. His inclusion makes me think that might not be the case though

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’d have been sure it was a back 5 if Murphy wasn’t in the starting line up. His inclusion makes me think that might not be the case though
    I think/hope you are right. Don’t think we want to sit back too much tonight. We will no doubt have to soak up some pressure but a back 5 would keep us too defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Im not sure throwing Morrison back in is a good idea I hope I'm wrong
    No, you are not..

Where's Camarasa - not in the squad, not on the bench and not listed amongst missing players

Comedy defending again.

Calf problem for Camarasa allegedly. Hope that's true.

fulham 1 up
    city 1 down
    ..as bowie once said..it ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Comedy defending again.
    Morrison
    He's too soft. Feckin get into 'em!

Good footballing side Watford. Take a draw now!

looks a bit frantic and getting bullied

Stonewall pen not given, ref 10 yards away. Shocking.

how the feck was that not a penalty, ref a kent

It is going to be hard enough staying up without shite like that.

He will come out with his tail between his legs and give up 5 pointless freekicks on the halfway line to make up for it.

You won't see a clearer penalty this season.
    Absolute sickener!

that feck up could cost us millions, the sooner we get video

Any Watford fan in the world would have to say that that was a pen all day long... Awful decision. We've had a fair few go our way this season though to be fair...