+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "I was a strong Brexiteer. Now we must swallow our pride and think again."

"I was a strong Brexiteer. Now we must swallow our pride and think again."

I've seen this bloke on Question Time once or twice, he isn't kidding - he certainly was a strong Brexiteer.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/

Re: "I was a strong Brexiteer. Now we must swallow our pride and think again."

He is totally right. It's a terrible time for the UK to be doing things that will affect us for decades.

That's true whether you're a leaver or remainer.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He is totally right. It's a terrible time for the UK to be doing things that will affect us for decades.

That's true whether you're a leaver or remainer.
    I think this

"imagine, 10 years ago if a serious politician or commentator advocated moving to WTO trading terms - 1 minute past a random point in time,
    removing the UK economy and society from every international (trade) agreement made for the last 40 years - overnight
    they would, rightly have been laughed at and viewed as stark raving mad
    now they get cheered on QT"

from the comments section for the article is spot on in both its simplicity and effect.

Only the last 3-4 years have I noticed the difference between shock jock twats like rod liddle and Julia Hartley brewer and genuine conservative journalists like Peter oborne and Peter hitchens. You don't have to agree with everything they say or even much of it but they have thought about it and aren't just saying it for effect.

Is there any difference between the anti-Trumpers and anti-Brexiteers, as they appear to be singing from the same hymn sheets. Are they one and the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Only the last 3-4 years have I noticed the difference between shock jock twats like rod liddle and Julia Hartley brewer and genuine conservative journalists like Peter oborne and Peter hitchens. You don't have to agree with everything they say or even much of it but they have thought about it and aren't just saying it for effect.
    yes your right , the click bait ones are just that ,it would be a tragedy and dangerous to accept only one political view