Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I just did this but it doesn't bring any identifiable cases just an article about the met opening an investigation. Has anyone been prosecuted as a result of this investigation? Should you be banned from a political party for saying something offensive that isn't illegal, how far do we take this?

I don't like to base what I think on quotes by other people, I like to look at what has happened. A number of people who associate themselves with the Labour party have said bad things on twitter - that much is provable. If political parties gain a taste for banning everyone who says something offensive online then none of them will have any members left. In addition to this I can well believe that certain local Labour party meetings are unbalanced in their fixation on Israel (I have heard this first hand) and that this would make it is a pretty uncomfortable place for a Jewish person to put forward their views. Having said that, the chair of Momentum is Jewish and seems to find that organisation a pretty decent place to put forward his views.
Its ongoing ,not likely to declare anything in detail ,what we do know is the police have opened an investigation , and too date no one has closed it .